Agen Travel

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

:shock: Duff.

I'm going to pretend you didn't say that.

Sourz. There's plenty of agents out there who would kill for the Leinster Business.

You might like to contact a few of the Munster guys - I can give you details - who put it up to the Munster Branch a few years ago, and got a good deal for their trouble.

For what its' worth - Killester focked me over royally last January - I had rung and booked for my father to do a day trip to Bath - big surprise for his 60th - when I rang to confirm, I got a ditzo "eh we don't seem to have his booking Kav eh sorreee" response.

:evil:
Wouldn't expect anything else from them.

Go ahead and hunt out alternatives. Give me a shout if you need anything.
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

apple sourz wrote:Holy sh!t!!! Killester produce the goods again!

HEINEKEN CUP - AGEN V LEINSTER (Agen Saturday 16th December 2006 Kick Off 16:30)
We are running a 1 night trip staying in either Toulouse or Agen. Toulouse is about a 1 hour transfer to Agen. Flight will be a charter flight from Dublin into Toulouse. Agen is a much quiter town and the hotels are not as good as hotels in Toulouse.

PACKAGE 1: Holiday Inn Toulouse Centre €475 pps / SGL €535
PACKAGE 2: Atlantic Hotel Agen Centre €425 pps /SGL €450

EXTRAS
Airport taxes €50 , Match ticket €tba

FLIGHT DETAILS:
* All flight times TBC. (Charter)
Unbelievable scenes. You'd think at those prices they'd at least put people up in my chateau. And they don't even mention the day of the flight (it is presumably Saturday tho).
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Sure you probably have the entire chateau booked out for the weekend wha'
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

ckav wrote:Sure you probably have the entire chateau booked out for the weekend wha'
You mean to keep you lot out? Thought never crossed my mind. ;)

Actually having been in the country for nearly three weeks solid I am going stir crazy and booked my annual shopping and opera trip to Milan for January earlier today, which will mean I will miss the Llanelli home game. Don't tell ktf tho or he'll be accusing me of being a fairweather fan again. I'm sticking this away in the Agen thread in the hope he won't notice.
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

I wonder if Mauler may be able to help us out on this one with his intimate knowledge of the travel industry?
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

apple sourz wrote:I wonder if Mauler may be able to help us out on this one with his intimate knowledge of the travel industry?
We'd have to ski to games though
I have Bumbleflex
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Dave Cahill wrote:
apple sourz wrote:I wonder if Mauler may be able to help us out on this one with his intimate knowledge of the travel industry?
Not a bad idea. We could have a week on the piste and a couple of days on the piss and still it would be cheaper than Killester.

He may be able to point us in the right direction though.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

apple sourz wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Not a bad idea. We could have a week on the piste and a couple of days on the piss and still it would be cheaper than Killester.

He may be able to point us in the right direction though.
I thought we were going on the piste anyway.

Coat.
I have Bumbleflex
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

Anybody staying in Carcassonne any of the nights while they travel to Agen, just wondering where people are staying, might look into spendin our last night there(Sunday night) rather than statyin in Agen for another night.....

Just wonderin what people are doin for accomadation on the Sunday night, if you are flying back home on the Mondy.....
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

jamoTec wrote:Anybody staying in Carcassonne any of the nights while they travel to Agen, just wondering where people are staying, might look into spendin our last night there(Sunday night) rather than statyin in Agen for another night.....

Just wonderin what people are doin for accomadation on the Sunday night, if you are flying back home on the Mondy.....
Yep myself and my mate will be staying in Carcassonne on the sunday night, not sure where exactly though but we're looking at city centre area so its close to the pubs!

Any idea of places urself?
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

yeah pretty much looking for the same place (i.e. close to pubs and good entertainment)

havent really looked at it yet, just thought I post a message here wondering what other people where doing.....have you looked at any places or booked anywhere??
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

jamoTec wrote:yeah pretty much looking for the same place (i.e. close to pubs and good entertainment)

havent really looked at it yet, just thought I post a message here wondering what other people where doing.....have you looked at any places or booked anywhere??
Not sure exactly where we're gonna stay, we were talking bout it lastnight as its the last thing we need to book for the 3 pool games so hope to get it sorted in the next few day. will prob be booking through hotels.com so i'l let ya know if i find anything decent at a reasonable price.
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

your goin to the three heino games, deadly ill c u there......how are you planning to get to Agen for Carconnsone, were thinkin of gettin the train, as it seems to be the only option otherwise rent a car and drivin!!!

but think we need more people to do the rent a car business......
glorob
Learner

Post by glorob »

The handiest way of getting to Agen is to fly to Toulouse or Carcassonne and drive. The drive from Carcassonne is just over 200km and it should take no more than 2 hours 30 minutes. Hire a car between 4 is probably the best way there.

If any of you find the flights from Dublin too expensive you may consider flying ex Shannon to Carcassonne. Return flights out Friday 15th December back Sunday 17th December cost €81 return, inc. of all taxes, charges, credit card fees etc. This is €116 per person less than ex Dublin and it might be just worth considering for those who are not in funds.
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

jamoTec wrote:your goin to the three heino games, deadly ill c u there......how are you planning to get to Agen for Carconnsone, were thinkin of gettin the train, as it seems to be the only option otherwise rent a car and drivin!!!

but think we need more people to do the rent a car business......
i think theres a few people going to all 3 show should be a good time. think we're going to get the train, it seems to be regular enough, we were going to drive but that will only upset our drinking plans :P
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

glorob wrote:The handiest way of getting to Agen is to fly to Toulouse or Carcassonne and drive. The drive from Carcassonne is just over 200km and it should take no more than 2 hours 30 minutes. Hire a car between 4 is probably the best way there.

If any of you find the flights from Dublin too expensive you may consider flying ex Shannon to Carcassonne. Return flights out Friday 15th December back Sunday 17th December cost €81 return, inc. of all taxes, charges, credit card fees etc. This is €116 per person less than ex Dublin and it might be just worth considering for those who are not in funds.
We've looked at the train and the TGV (the high speed train) goes through Carcassone and on through Toulouse to Agen. Takes just under two hours and should cost about £45 sterling (€65-70).

You can't book the train until two months before the date but here's a link to the website to check it out

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_Sv ... geUK&WB=HP

Carcassone is meant to be a lovely town but it's quite pricey. One of the lads was there last year and was paying €8.20 a pint!
Bichum

Post by Bichum »

Great information
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Just an update. I am hoping to meet with Killester Travel this week to see if we can come to some arrangement with regard to the cost of away trips. I will hopfully be in a position to give an undate at the table quiz on Friday.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

apple sourz wrote:Just an update. I am hoping to meet with Killester Travel this week to see if we can come to some arrangement with regard to the cost of away trips. I will hopfully be in a position to give an undate at the table quiz on Friday.
Do you want to borrow my knuckle-duster for that meeting? :wink:

Give 'em hell, Rob!
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

it is now possible to book the train to and from Agen (from Carcossone) as it is within the booking period.......you can book it at:

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_Sv ... geUK&WB=HP