Gloucester Travel

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

When will the date of the Glaws game be announced?
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

They don't usually announce the January dates until they see how the December games go. If a team hasn't a hope at that stage , they put their Jan match on at a bad time.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Was hoping to take in the Bath v Montpelier game in the Challenge Cup but it looks like it's on on the Friday night. :cry:
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

combatlogo wrote:Was hoping to take in the Bath v Montpelier game in the Challenge Cup but it looks like it's on on the Friday night. :cry:
I don't see why. Bath are a Saturday 3pm team. Sadly, so are Glaws...
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

claire_m wrote:
combatlogo wrote:Was hoping to take in the Bath v Montpelier game in the Challenge Cup but it looks like it's on on the Friday night. :cry:
That can all change for the Heineken Cup. Leinster's game in Bath last year was on a Sunday at 1pm.
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

jrc wrote:
claire_m wrote:
That can all change for the Heineken Cup. Leinster's game in Bath last year was on a Sunday at 1pm.
It depends whether the Leinster game is meaningful though. If it isn't (and I hope that's not the case), Glaws will play Sat at 3pm. If it does matter, then sky will set the time, and quite frankly, who knows when it will be! Personally, I'm hoping for a Sunday game, as it means I can go.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

jrc wrote:
claire_m wrote:
It was Sunday at 3PM last season.
The year before it was Saturday at 1PM.

It's remarkable how much Sky have copied last season's tv times. So I think they would have initially penned in the Gloucester match for the Sunday 3PM slot in the hope of matching the excitement of the Bath - Leinser group decider last season. However Gloucester's difficulties in the group means that Glaws will more than likely be out of it by then. They could still allocate it the 3PM slot but it will more likely be played on a Saturday now.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

OK with Saturday but I'm screwed with flights if it's a Friday - took a gamble it would follow last year's pattern.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Donny B. wrote:
jrc wrote:
claire_m wrote: I don't see why. Bath are a Saturday 3pm team. Sadly, so are Glaws...
It was Sunday at 3PM last season.
The year before it was Saturday at 1PM.

It's remarkable how much Sky have copied last season's tv times. So I think they would have initially penned in the Gloucester match for the Sunday 3PM slot in the hope of matching the excitement of the Bath - Leinser group decider last season. However Gloucester's difficulties in the group means that Glaws will more than likely be out of it by then. They could still allocate it the 3PM slot but it will more likely be played on a Saturday now.
Then how come I was so hungover and it felt like it was so early in the day???
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

jrc wrote:
Then how come I was so hungover and it felt like it was so early in the day???
Well perhaps you didn't finish till very, very late the night before???? :wink:
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

combatlogo wrote:OK with Saturday but I'm screwed with flights if it's a Friday - took a gamble it would follow last year's pattern.
We are out on Friday avo and back Sunday night at about 10.30 from Bristol. Could be fun and games getting back from Glaws to Bristol at that time!!!
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Am out Friday back Monday (thought id better cover all the potential ko slots). . .if it did turn out to be on Friday or Saturday (not much chance i know) it means id be stuck in Gloucester for longer than I need to be :(
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Mauler wrote:
combatlogo wrote:OK with Saturday but I'm screwed with flights if it's a Friday - took a gamble it would follow last year's pattern.
We are out on Friday avo and back Sunday night at about 10.30 from Bristol. Could be fun and games getting back from Glaws to Bristol at that time!!!
Hmm, Sunday service trains, in the winter, and in the evening. Good luck!

Still, if it is on the Sunday, chances are I'll be driving (I don't fancy the train!), so I'll have some room in my car... (though not for several hundred people!)
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

sheepshagger wrote:Am out Friday back Monday (thought id better cover all the potential ko slots). . .if it did turn out to be on Friday or Saturday (not much chance i know) it means id be stuck in Gloucester for longer than I need to be :(
I'm in the same boat but fock it!
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

T.C.B. wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Am out Friday back Monday (thought id better cover all the potential ko slots). . .if it did turn out to be on Friday or Saturday (not much chance i know) it means id be stuck in Gloucester for longer than I need to be :(
If the game is on the Friday, then Saturday you could always do Bath Montpelier, or Quins v Connacht (a bit further away, but you could always do a dry-run for the final!)

There's plenty to do in the area. Actually, I have no idea why I said that, as I don't go to the west country very often. Not even once a year, in fact. But, you can drink cider all weekend, and go 'ooh ahh, where's my tractor'. Hours of entertainment!
brian_c
Mullet

Post by brian_c »

I'm over friday afternoon, back monday morning. Flying from Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeermingham, so have booked hotel for fri and sat in Glaws, and intend to spend sun in Ber. Saturday 3pm would be ideal for me, one night pre-match drinking, one night post-match drinking, and a leisurly trip to Birmingham before an early night and a 7:30 flight home before a full days work.
Bath 04 was something similar, and that worked out great!
Its a by-pass. You've got to build by-passes.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

I might try get a mini bus organised closer to the Kick Off (if its a Sunday) as Im sure there will be a few of us on the late flight out of Bristol.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

claire_m wrote:
T.C.B. wrote:
If the game is on the Friday, then Saturday you could always do Bath Montpelier, or Quins v Connacht (a bit further away, but you could always do a dry-run for the final!)

There's plenty to do in the area. Actually, I have no idea why I said that, as I don't go to the west country very often. Not even once a year, in fact. But, you can drink cider all weekend, and go 'ooh ahh, where's my tractor'. Hours of entertainment!
i think we are all in the same boat, if the game was on friday or saturday i was just gonna go on the piss till monday!

then again if the game is on sunday i'm still goin on the piss till monday! win win i guess :D :D :D
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

lets not kid oursleves. . .Gloucester is a bit of a kip. . . .I vote for LeopoldButters idea. . Father Abraham could be dead by alcohol poisoning by the time he gets back to Dublin :lol:
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

sheepshagger wrote:Father Abraham could be dead by alcohol poisoning by the time he gets back to Dublin :lol:
I'll drink to that :roll: :lol:
Summer is ready when you are