Magners League Final

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

macboomba
Knowledgeable

Re: Magners League Final

Post by macboomba »

Trying to get East rerrace for 20 mins. No joy. Did others have trouble saying none left.
"sh!t like this happens. We had to believe it" Jonathan Sexton on coming back from 16 points down at half time to win 2nd Heineken Cup
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

macboomba wrote:Trying to get East rerrace for 20 mins. No joy. Did others have trouble saying none left.
I requested East terrace but there were none, so I requested beset available and was offered east terrace. Go Ticketmaster !
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

limecat wrote:
macboomba wrote:Trying to get East rerrace for 20 mins. No joy. Did others have trouble saying none left.
I requested East terrace but there were none, so I requested beset available and was offered east terrace. Go Ticketmaster !
Exactly the same. Tried specifying East Terrace and had no joy, then did Best Available at the €20 price and got East Terrace. Give that a try.
Daithí Mac
Knowledgeable

Post by Daithí Mac »

been trying all the various ways and seems to be no East terrace left :(
Vayan los azules!!
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Ticketmaster really earn their crust, don't they....
Daithí Mac
Knowledgeable

Post by Daithí Mac »

do Leinster fans usually go to North or South terrace? Looks like anywhere in the East bar the very corner is sold out.
Vayan los azules!!
rummyometer
Bookworm

Post by rummyometer »

the south terrace is better as you can see the big screen from there
Daithí Mac
Knowledgeable

Post by Daithí Mac »

thanks rummyometer, think I'll book in there so. Hopefully there'll be some blue there!
Vayan los azules!!
macboomba
Knowledgeable

Post by macboomba »

Picked up 4 for South Terrace. Was there last season so know what its like anyway.

Would have preferred East but kept getting none available though I'm sure someone will let me know they got tickets there after me.

Now to pick up a nice (cheap) bunch of flowers for the very understanding wife who has signed off my permission slip for both finals.
"sh!t like this happens. We had to believe it" Jonathan Sexton on coming back from 16 points down at half time to win 2nd Heineken Cup
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

Daithí Mac wrote:seen this over on boards from the Munster branch:
Magners League Grand Final - Tickets
14 May 2011
Munster will play Leinster in the Magners League Grand Final on Saturday 28th May at 5.05pm in Thomond Park.

The Celtic Rugby tournament rules state that both teams participating in the final receive an equal split of 50% of the tickets.

Supporters Club Allocation:
Leinster have not taken their full allocation of tickets for the final. The Supporters Club are now in a position to offer all Full and Associate members of the Supporters Club for 2010/11 with a season ticket the opportunity to purchase one ticket. However it is quite possible that we will receive an additional allocation of tickets by Tuesday and will be in a position to offer additional tickets to all members. We expect that members without season tickets will be able to purchase at this stage. These additional tickets may also include junior tickets and family packs.

As the ticket allocation is not the same allocation as Heineken Cup matches or Magners League matches, unfortunately members cannot be offered the same seats as their season tickets. Choice of tickets are available on a first come first served basis.

Ticket Prices:
Category A Stand - 40 euro
Category B Stand - 30 euro
Terrace - 20 euro

A standard 2.50 euro transaction fee will apply. Tickets will be paper tickets.

Dates:
Tickets are now available to purchase until 10am on Tuesday next 17th May.

Should we receive additional tickets these will be available for members to purchase from 2pm Tuesday 17th to 10am Thursday 19th.

Should tickets remain on Thursday 19th May they will go on public sale.

Somewhat surprised we didn't take the full 50%, €20 for a terrace ticket sounds good though! Hoping this day bus has space for everyone, seems to be good demand this year due to cost cutting. Great service provided by the OLSC
Why did we not take up our full allocation?
Am looking for half decent tickets and all ticket$asdard offer is 201 in the corner
No €40.00 tickets available?
stuwilson
Bookworm

Post by stuwilson »

Can't get any decent seats, can't ask the old man to stand in the terrace so would have liked the option for a €40 stand ticket, no joy!! Only seats left are stuck in the corners, not happy!!
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

south terrace here we come!
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

just bought 4 - section 220 upper stand somewhere , they were €30 a piece.

Whats the story about the OLSC bus - does anyone have details?
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

stuwilson wrote:Can't get any decent seats, can't ask the old man to stand in the terrace so would have liked the option for a €40 stand ticket, no joy!! Only seats left are stuck in the corners, not happy!!
I had a similar problem and emailed Leinster Rugby and got the following reply:

I
can confirm that we put our full allocation of tickets on sale this morning.

More tickets may become available in the public sale which is due to start on Thursday.

Regards,
Kevin

I bought in the corner
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

glenageary wrote: Whats the story about the OLSC bus - does anyone have details?
http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic ... 12&t=20011
Daithí Mac
Knowledgeable

Post by Daithí Mac »

glenageary wrote:
Whats the story about the OLSC bus - does anyone have details?
also: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Official ... 6189359637

They are very good at updating the facebook page, makes keeping up to date easy.
Vayan los azules!!
Scrum 5
Bookworm

Post by Scrum 5 »

If my work place is anything to go by looking like we'll have a good support in Thomand. A lot like myself who can't go to Cardiff making the trip to Thomand.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

6 south terrace tickets got

not bad value as long as it doesnt piss rain.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

All stand tickets appear to be gone. Not going to bother now as I'm not bring the big guy onto a terrace. Pity :(
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
BigL
Learner

Post by BigL »

Ticketbaster's stated service charge for this game is €2.50 (see above "A standard 2.50 euro transaction fee will apply") but when Leinster Rugby ST holders try to buy it becomes €2.95.

Are these people a law onto themselves? I suppose when you ripping people off is engrained in how you do business, you just get greedier and greedier.

Customer service, integrity, laws etc are secondary to perfecting the big rip-off.