Bristol on the Saturday night

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

madridlion
Knowledgeable

Bristol on the Saturday night

Post by madridlion »

From previous experience, Bristol city centre can be a bit hairy on a Saturday night. Have been told by a few friends with local knowledge that the Coronation Tap in Clifton, a few minutes in taxi from centre is a great spot. We will be heading straight there from our train which gets in from Cardiff about nine
Mackman15
Mullet

Re: Bristol on the Saturday night

Post by Mackman15 »

Is it really that bad?
Have been there a handful of times, most recently last October.

I wouldn't have said it was any worse than George' Street/ Dame Street/ Temple bar on any given Saturday night here.

I appreciate that a fortnight or so ago that there was a mini ad hoc disturbance (riot) but like i say, any worse than George' Street/ Dame Street/ Temple bar?
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Bristol afterdark is no different to any other UK/Irish city. . . . . won't be as bad as Cardiff anyway!
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Post by madridlion »

What I meant to say is that my two mates from Bristol said that The Coronation Tap is the place to go in that part of the world and has great local cider. Cardiff and Dublin and Bristol are all a bit dodgy on a Saturday night.