Cardiff to Holyhead- Sunday Morning- *Need Help*

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Cardiff to Holyhead- Sunday Morning- *Need Help*

Post by Peg Leg »

There you go Timo
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
timo

Re: Cardiff to Holyhead- Sunday Morning- *Need Help*

Post by timo »

Peg Leg wrote:There you go Timo
alrite peoples,
my mate and i need to get from cardiff to hollyhead (T5) for the stena line sailing to Dublin at 13:50, if anyone can help or even put us in the right direction that would be great
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

timo wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:There you go Timo
alrite peoples,
my mate and i need to get from cardiff to hollyhead (T5) for the stena line sailing to Dublin at 13:50, if anyone can help or even put us in the right direction that would be great
Are you in a car? If you are relying on Public Transport you have no chance (unless you want to go via London (08:10 ex Euston, change at Crewe will get you in to Holyhead in time for the 13:50) that is your only Public Transport option, and it will be very expensive). You will have to see if anyone can give you a lift. or head for the 02:30 Monday Morning ferry. If you are on a Rail/Sail you can use this service.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I'll just expand on Timo's problem.

He tried renting a car but there is no-where open to return the car on the Sunday in Hollyhead. Public transport seems to be out of the question, so if anyone knows of a way of returning a rental on a sunday....... or if anyone is looking for 2 very wealthy passengers bearing gifts and mirth*, do reply here or PM him.

*this may not be true
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Peg Leg wrote:I'll just expand on Timo's problem.

He tried renting a car but there is no-where open to return the car on the Sunday in Hollyhead. Public transport seems to be out of the question, so if anyone knows of a way of returning a rental on a sunday....... or if anyone is looking for 2 very wealthy passengers bearing gifts and mirth*, do reply here or PM him.

*this may not be true

usually, if there IS an office of the hire car firm they will have a key drop box for when the office is closed - i've certainly done this at European Airports - I usually take a shot of the dash on my phone,, so I have a record of the mileage and fuel levels to be safe.

A bit of digging ont'interweb and I found the Practical in Holyhead boast

'An ‘out of hours’ service can be provided to so please contact us with your specific hire requirements"........

so i'd speak to them - http://www.practical.co.uk/locations/en ... /holyhead/

or hertz seem to offer an out of hours collection service so i;d expect they would do the reverse - I would speak to the local office and see what you can arrange - i;d expect to have to pay a fee but if it means you can make it work, then its probably worth it.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

There's also the option of drive to somewhere close to Holyhead and then get a direct train.
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

I was in the same boat as you (literally) but in the end changed my boat to rosslare as there was no way of getting home

http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic ... 26&t=19742
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes