Killester Travel - One days now to Bristol

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Mackman15
Mullet

Killester Travel - One days now to Bristol

Post by Mackman15 »

Killester have moved a shed load of their one day trippers to flights in and out of Bristol with the result that they want you back on the transfer at 19:15 for a 22:00 flight.

What a friggen joke. If i wanted to do that i'd have organised it myself. :evil: :evil:
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Re: Killester Travel - One days now to Bristol

Post by Vamos los azules »

Are they allowed to do that??

I feel sorry for people who are affected because I bet a good number signed up for a day trip for the convenience of flying directly to CARDIFF. What happens if the match goes to extra time? That's barely leaving enough time to catch the presentation/lap of honour as it is as I presume from having done a day trip to the 6N that buses won't be right outside the stadium.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Reminds me of the time we booked flights to Cardiff with Ryanair (when they flew there) for the 08 Final, 2 weeks out they cancelled the route and diverted the flight to Bristol (no refund on the price difference between what we paid to fly into Cardiff vs Bristol) it was take it or get a refund (and by then flights were sky high so nobody was going to do that).
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

sheepshagger wrote:Reminds me of the time we booked flights to Cardiff with Ryanair (when they flew there) for the 08 Final, 2 weeks out they cancelled the route and diverted the flight to Bristol (no refund on the price difference between what we paid to fly into Cardiff vs Bristol) it was take it or get a refund (and by then flights were sky high so nobody was going to do that).

That's about the size of it SS and certainly the tone of the response from the agent. Indeed it was suggested that many are happy to be getting home early.
Frankly the notion of not getting to see 'A' lap of honour/consolation is not appealling. For the money that was forked out this is a serius black mark against them and they'll get it between the eyes after this, regardless of the result.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Benji
Knowledgeable

Post by Benji »

Not on changing the airport. Killester are currently offering one days still flying to cardiff. and also offering one nighter over Friday and back after the game 399 all in which is a steal. No match ticket included