Tomand info

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

poolfan
Learner

Tomand info

Post by poolfan »

Hi guys,

Taking my first trip to Thomand at weekend - can anyone tell me where is best to hang out before and after the game for a bit of craic.

berniemac67
Mullet

Re: Tomand info

Post by berniemac67 »

Dublin :lol:
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
poolfan
Learner

Post by poolfan »

berniemac67 wrote:Dublin :lol:
:evil: :wink:
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

The Dugout is good for beers before the game, we were there a few weeks back, it's just below the stadium.
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

I'm day tripping it. Any ideas of a good place to park? Will be looking for a quick getaway.
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Skinfull wrote:I'm day tripping it. Any ideas of a good place to park? Will be looking for a quick getaway.
http://www.thomondpark.ie/stadium-info/park-and-ride
http://www.thomondpark.ie/stadium-info/parking
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

poolfan wrote:Hi guys,

Taking my first trip to Thomand at weekend - can anyone tell me where is best to hang out before and after the game for a bit of craic.

Haven't been down to a game yet but if you're in Limerick then Flannerys, Clohessy's (and the Sin Bin in the basement) are well worth trying out. Some great nights had there.
Scrum 5
Bookworm

Post by Scrum 5 »

Skinfull wrote:I'm day tripping it. Any ideas of a good place to park? Will be looking for a quick getaway.
OLSC twitted earlier today that q-park (www.q-park.ie) are taking car parking bookings for Saturday.

Never been to Thomand so don't know how close it is to the stadium or how bad parking is around Thomand on match day.
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

I stayed in the strand hotel last year they had a good sized car park and was only about a 5 min walk to the stadium that will be my plan for it
BoysinBlue
Beginner

Post by BoysinBlue »

Day tripped many times to Thomond, always parked in City Centre. About 15-20 min walk or you can get a shuttle bus. Didnt take too long to leave the city either
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

The Sin Bin is a kip. Some great proper pubs, Breen's, Nancy Blake's or Charlie St George's, if you're a closet Cookie! Dolan's will be good too.
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Scrum 5 wrote:
OLSC twitted earlier today that q-park (http://www.q-park.ie) are taking car parking bookings for Saturday.

Never been to Thomand so don't know how close it is to the stadium or how bad parking is around Thomand on match day.
Great, thanks for this. Had a look at it seems to be 3€ flat rate for the evening and I'm guaranteed a spot. :clap:
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Aye, don't go near the Sin Bin, not worth it.
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

Never heard of the place.

If you are driving from Dublin I recommend going through the tunnel and parking in the Jetland Shopping centre, its roughly a 15min walk to TP from there. well placed for a quick getaway after the game,

The Dugout is awful, horrible pints in there imo( the Guinness anyways).
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Ah we only drink Heineken ;)
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

Good luck finding that cr@p :lol:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Flannerys on Shannon Street is a nice pre-match spot. Lovely pint and quick service. The Sin Bin is a smelly kip.

Dolans afterwards is always good too.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Donny B. wrote:Flannerys on Shannon Street is a nice pre-match spot. Lovely pint and quick service. The Sin Bin is a smelly kip.

Dolans afterwards is always good too.
to be fair the Sin Bin is a sort of Limerick Coppers, you know what you're getting. Yes it's messy but damn it can be fun if you're of a mind.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Some advice from a resident Munnherite:

Breen's is good, Nancy's is brilliant - go to Poppadums, nearby, for brilliant Indian food - and you're missing out Tom Collins and The White Horse. The Locke is good for grub, pre-match; walk out from there is ten minutes, via Thomond Bridge by the Castle.

Fla's is grand, but I'd go to Tom Collins across and down the road instead.

Charlie St. George's is THE Cookie pub. It's great, but they're the Cookies.
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

White Horse :lol: :P

Pubs worth going to in Limerick: Willie Sextons, Souths, Dolans, Myles Breens, Nancy Blakes, JJ Bowles*, Curraghgower*, The Locke*, Ardhu*, Tom Collins, Most of the Flannery's, The Corner Flag, Charlie St Georges, The Mall Bar*

*Close enough to the ground

There are probably more, but they are the ones I would normally go to