HEC Round 1 - Montpellier v Leinster - Saturday 12 November

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: HEC Round 1 - Montpellier v Leinster - Saturday 12 Novem

Post by Donny B. »

Waiting for the taxi to take me to the airport!

This is gonna be great!!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Plenty of blue around the airport this morning....doors now closed on the Aer Lingus flight....the journey begins!
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

sheepshagger wrote:Plenty of blue around the airport this morning....doors now closed on the Aer Lingus flight....the journey begins!

Would love to be going...shall be taking in the game from the unusual surroundings of the Errigal bar in Belfast.....Give it socks(as always) Ladies & Germs.....
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Flight EZY5053 just about ready to leave LGW for Montpellier....a lot of blue on board :)
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

sheepshagger wrote:Flight EZY5053 just about ready to leave LGW for Montpellier....a lot of blue on board :)
I hate you all.

Enjoy!
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Bristol airport b$&%@#ds

Denied boarding as my Leinster flags would not fit in the ryanair luggage bin

Stand up row with an officious pr!*k called micheal mela - who funnily enough when I tried to get his name turned his airport pass around and refused to tell me who he was - I wonder why - probably working illegally

Total tosser - I broke the flags in half in front of him and stuffed them in my bag

f%~king tosser
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

Just spotted this on the Montpellier bus/tram site.

Hopefully someone will pick it up & pass it on.

Montpellier - Leinster

Samedi 12 novembre 2011
A l'occasion du match de rugby au stade de La Mosson, le samedi 12 novembre 2011, TaM renforce son service Tram 1 :

En direction de « Mosson » :
• Au départ des stations « Gare Saint-Roch », « Comédie » et « Corum » : entre 13h20 et 13h55, un tramway toutes les 3 à 4 minutes Tram every 3 to 4 minutes between 1.20pm & 1.55 pm

Après le match, au départ de « Mosson » :
•Un tramway toutes les 4 minutes entre 16h15 et 17h00 vers « Odysseum » Every 4 minutes from 4.15 'till 5pm[/u]

Special 2€ return ticket on sale at the ticket machines in the stations
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

Just back from Montpellier. Great atmosphere, fabulous weekend :mrgreen: . Great craic in the stadium & even more in Fitz's watching the rest of the rugby :happy clapper: .

Really enjoyed it, but now, I'm going for a lie down :lol:

A bientôt :D
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Startling lack of activity on this thread....are you all in a heap still? :)
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

nelly the elephant wrote:Startling lack of activity on this thread....are you all in a heap still? :)
No,

Asleep? Yes :mrgreen:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Some still making their way back, Aer Lingus flight from LGW just left and the rest of us wait till 2155 for Ryanair flight.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Just in the door. A great trip. The atmosphere in the stadium was very good. The people around the city were very friendly and the supporters HQ was home to 2 very good nights :D :clap: :clap:

Will wait 'til tomorrow to watch the game back but that Montpellier team is an awful lot better than their league position suggests. With all their players back from the WC they will start to climb the table gan dabht.

Will enjoy a good sleep tonight!
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Beyond exhausted - fantastic weekend
Summer is ready when you are

rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Still in Paris.
Three H Cup games across the country has killed me!
Fly home in a few hours.
Need sleep.
The French are predictably unpredictable
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Just back , roll on next weekend , love this time of year .
Flying wedge
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Yes indeed, a fantastic weekend.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Here here, a fantastic weekend.

Thanks again to the OLSC for their arrangements for the weekend. I think Fitzpatricks was an ideal venue for a base for the weekend.

Hard to remember an atmosphere as intimidating as when Jonny was kicking the last penalty. The locals certainly weren't happy at the end, as the numerous gestures and objects thrown in our direction reflected. Buts thats the passion of the H cup and why we loved it.

Roll on Glasgow and Bath !
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

bails wrote:Here here, a fantastic weekend.

Thanks again to the OLSC for their arrangements for the weekend. I think Fitzpatricks was an ideal venue for a base for the weekend.

Hard to remember an atmosphere as intimidating as when Jonny was kicking the last penalty. The locals certainly weren't happy at the end, as the numerous gestures and objects thrown in our direction reflected. Buts thats the passion of the H cup and why we loved it.

Indeed, an older Frenchman was gesticulating quite vehemently at me from below at the final whistle. I've never really had that before and found it a difficult to know what to do.

I certainly felt a finger to the lips may have been the wrong way to go!
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

bails wrote:Here here, a fantastic weekend.

Absolutely, big Thank you to the OLSC & the chap who gave us the flags as we went in. In Fitz's there was big Saints fan beside us at the end of the Munster game. Don't know how he kept it together but he did. Even though we could tell he would love to have pummelled something/one........... ROG or Owens most likely :lol: Fair play to him & the extra large Barbarians scrumhalf & his mates :mrgreen:
bails wrote:Hard to remember an atmosphere as intimidating as when Jonny was kicking the last penalty. The locals certainly weren't happy at the end, as the numerous gestures and objects thrown in our direction reflected. Buts thats the passion of the H cup and why we loved it.

Thats unfortunate :? . Bar the obvious banter we had a very positive experience despite being in the middle of "Ciste" fans. The folks next to us daughter is living somewhere in Ireland. Enfield I think?

We were almost directly behind the posts when he kicked that last penalty. Okay there was a few disparaging remarks at the start of the match from some young lads but strangely when we answered them in French just to let them know we could both hear AND understand they seemed to lose their voice :mrgreen: . Not a peep out of them for the rest of the game :P

In anycase, there was two of us & just a few hundred of them so I guess they realised they hadn't a prayer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had a great chat with monty supporters on the tram back in & they admitted that they were dissapointed but proud. They felt they did well to hold out & stop the try at the death. Mind you these were real rugby people as opposed to spectators. Heavily involved in local rugby with the kids etc. They even knew of my local club which is a good two hours north & not the most successfull it has to be said :mullet 1:

Apart from Chabal & Dorier at LOU we haven't produced much :wink:

My voice is just about back to normal today :mrgreen: But no regrets, bloody great weekend. I'll just have to offer it up & do it again :happy clapper:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

All I'm fit for is the couch today. Great weekend!