HEC Round 1 - Montpellier v Leinster - Saturday 12 November

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

4PP
Learner

Re: HEC Round 1 - Montpellier v Leinster - Saturday 12 Novem

Post by 4PP »

Great guide indeed! :happy clapper:

Do heed the advice of getting to the ground early though. According to a french forum the last time a rugby match was played there it was a nightmare.
Packed trams & over zealous security people :? .

Hopefully it will go smoothly on Saturday & you'll find yourself in the awfull situation of having to partake in a beer while you wait! :lol:

Terrible , I know, but better than missing the match :wink:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Always like to get to the ground early when in France for a match.

The food options are rarely great, but the beer always flows freely.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Actually 4PP any news on the ground on how the tickets are selling for the match?

Is there likely to be a full house?
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

Donny B. wrote:Actually 4PP any news on the ground on how the tickets are selling for the match?

Not full yet, tickets still on sale. I would think tickets will be available on the day, weather will come into play.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

4PP wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Actually 4PP any news on the ground on how the tickets are selling for the match?

Not full yet, tickets still on sale. I would think tickets will be available on the day, weather will come into play.
Cheers.

Forecast looking a bit better for Saturday now :D

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/07643.html
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

Donny B. wrote:
4PP wrote:

Cheers.

Forecast looking a bit better for Saturday now :D

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/07643.html

Depends where you look :lol: http://france.meteofrance.com/france/me ... lle/341720 I think they make it up as they go along :roll:

Roof in Fitzgerarlds so thats alright :clap:

Any idea how many Leinster fans will be in the stadium?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

4PP wrote:
Depends where you look :lol: http://france.meteofrance.com/france/me ... lle/341720 I think they make it up as they go along :roll:

Think they said 750 tickets were sold. Hopefully a few ex-pats who bought tickets directly will swell that number though.

Fitzgeralds? It's called Fitzpatricks isn't it? Or have you renamed it for the weekend in Luke's honor? :wink:
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

Donny B. wrote:
4PP wrote:

Think they said 750 tickets were sold. Hopefully a few ex-pats who bought tickets directly will swell that number though.

Fitzgeralds? It's called Fitzpatricks isn't it? Or have you renamed it for the weekend in Luke's honor? :wink:

Ahem :mullet 1:

"Lapsus revalateur" is what the french call it :mrgreen: I know there's a term for it in english, freudian slip maybe? Can't remember :lol:

I'll just call it Fitz's :wink:
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

A bit like the Freudian slip I had the other night.

I was at the dinner table and MEANT to say to my wife.... "pass the salt" but I ACTUALLY said
"ya ruined me life, ya fat mess"

Funny how that can happen.....
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

johng wrote:A bit like the Freudian slip I had the other night.

I was at the dinner table and MEANT to say to my wife.... "pass the salt" but I ACTUALLY said
"ya ruined me life, ya fat mess"

Funny how that can happen.....
Heavens to betsy I really have been over here too long! :shock:

I'm losing all my english language skills :?

Now would your phrase be considered a pleonasm or an oxymoron?? or something else altogether??? :mrgreen:

PS @ DonnyB, Officially MHRC say ticket sales are going pretty well & forums back that up. There will most likely be a few empty seats come saturday but not enough to take away from the atmosphere :happy clapper:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

4PP wrote:
PS @ DonnyB, Officially MHRC say ticket sales are going pretty well & forums back that up. There will most likely be a few empty seats come saturday but not enough to take away from the atmosphere :happy clapper:
Coolio!
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Donny B. wrote:Always like to get to the ground early when in France for a match.

Whats the deal with the beer?
HCup final in Paris had no beer.
The French are predictably unpredictable
Rjc
Beginner

Post by Rjc »

Mmm remember that. Had a couple of pints at stade de france and was wondering why the Munster fans behind me were sniggering away. Then looked at Buckler glass and the penny dropped. Suspect that the French have a problem with beer -hence all references to HCup. Expect non alcoholic beer only at the game.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Rjc wrote:Whats the deal with the beer?

Mmm remember that. Had a couple of pints at stade de france and was wondering why the Munster fans behind me were sniggering away. Then looked at Buckler glass and the penny dropped. Suspect that the French have a problem with beer -hence all references to HCup. Expect non alcoholic beer only at the game.
I'm not so sure about there only being non-alcoholic beer at matches. I was in Toulouse for the semi-final last year and had a few pints at the stadium before and after the game, there was definitely alcohol in it. :)
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Rjc wrote:Whats the deal with the beer?

We were at that game too.......I normally drink Guinness so was really wondering why on earth the mates all drank this p1ss regularly...then the penny dropped. The Stade de France is a dry stadium someone explained to me at the time, never checked that out since actually-is this correct anyone?
We had enough beer in Montmartre before/after that particular match in any case! :wink:
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

rosscarrick wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Always like to get to the ground early when in France for a match.

Was never in Paris for a final but I can assure you that in Castres, Toulouse, Clermont, Agen and Brive we had proper beer and the beer worked! :D
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

They don't allow alcohol sponsorship of sporting events in France, but they do sell beer nearly everywhere including rugby stadiums.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

OLSC just tweeted saying there are a small number of tickets for Saturday available for €37 (for anyone going over who doesn't have one presumably). . .email tickets@leinsterrugby.ie
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

fourthirtythree wrote:They don't allow alcohol sponsorship of sporting events in France, but they do sell beer nearly everywhere including rugby stadiums.

Most likely overpriced H :roll:

Talk of a "bodega" --- (big tent with bar) under the open air stand pre & after match.
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

4PP wrote: PS @ DonnyB, Officially MHRC say ticket sales are going pretty well & forums back that up. There will most likely be a few empty seats come saturday but not enough to take away from the atmosphere :happy clapper:
The club have made efforts to fill the ground. All season ticket holders are allowed buy 2 tickets for the price of one :happy clapper: . They had to really as the ticket prices are double what you'd pay for a league game making it way too expensive :? . People are feeling the pain here too :cry: .