Llanelli Away

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Malahide Mullet wrote:Sounds good Dave!! Now all I need is some volunteers
Post it up asking those interested to PM you. If you get more than 5, let me know as I'll probably be doing the same. Have to talk to Crazy Dave's Dad tomorrow to see what his plans are before I can committ fully.
T - 45
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Malahide Mullet wrote:Sounds good Dave!! Now all I need is some volunteers
Post it up asking those interested to PM you. If you get more than 5, let me know as I'll probably be doing the same. Have to talk to Crazy Dave's Dad tomorrow to see what his plans are before I can committ fully.
OK. Got onto Stena line about the trip.

Itinerary
Car leaving dublin to arrive Rosslare no later than 08:15
23/09 - Stena Europe - Rosslare - Fishguard - Dep: 09:00 Arr: 12:30
23/09 - Train Fishguard - Llanelli - Dep: 13:35 Arr: 14:43
Match - 17:30
Kilkenny Cat - Apres Match
24/09 - Train Llanelli - Fishguard - Dep: 23:51 Arr: 01:14
24/09 - Stena Europe - Fishguard Rosslare Dep 02:45 Arr: 06:15
Car back to Dublin Arriving before 9am

Total return cost if booked 48 hours in advance €54.

Special discounts for groups of 10 or more.

Any interested parties ??
T - 45
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

CD - put me and LC down - I'll talk to you tonight!
Summer is ready when you are

sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Coach to rosslare maybe???
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Malahide Mullet
Mullet

Post by Malahide Mullet »

Two cars perhaps?
Now that rugby's oldest bridesmaid has finally got hitched, she can cast a haughty glance towards Leinster, her high-living sister from Dublin, who, despite her immense beauty and vast potential, has trouble getting lucky.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Have worked out an alternative option for this trip (using a Plane and train)

Ryanair red eye flight to Bristol on the Saturday morning EUR 24 one way (incl tax)
Aer Lingus coming back Sunday leaving Bristol at 3.30pm EUR 30 one way (inc tax)

Trains from Bristol Temple Meads to Swansea are about EUR 15 return (2 hour journey each way)

Stay overnight in a cheap hotel in Swansea (just 20 mins away by train from Llanelli and the rail ticket is about EUR 6 return)

Found a hotel in Swansea for EUR 50 a night (single). . although you could go back to Bristol afterwards if you wanted to and stay there the night.

The trains are frequent on both the Saturday and the Sunday.

All up (inc the hotel) its about EUR 125 for the overnight trip.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

sheepshagger wrote:Have worked out an alternative option for this trip (using a Plane and train)

Ryanair red eye flight to Bristol on the Saturday morning EUR 24 one way (incl tax)
Aer Lingus coming back Sunday leaving Bristol at 3.30pm EUR 30 one way (inc tax)

Trains from Bristol Temple Meads to Swansea are about EUR 15 return (2 hour journey each way)

Stay overnight in a cheap hotel in Swansea (just 20 mins away by train from Llanelli and the rail ticket is about EUR 6 return)

Found a hotel in Swansea for EUR 50 a night (single). . although you could go back to Bristol afterwards if you wanted to and stay there the night.

Fock it - I went ahead and booked this last night. . all sorted now. . .just have to get a match ticket when they go on sale.
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

sheepshagger wrote:Have worked out an alternative option for this trip (using a Plane and train)

Why not stay in Llanelli? One of the Ulster lads posted suggestions. How easy will it be to get to Swansea after a night's drinking in the Kilkenny?

rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Eve wrote:

Why not stay in Llanelli? One of the Ulster lads posted suggestions. How easy will it be to get to Swansea after a night's drinking in the Kilkenny?
From memory there is a train around 11pm then next is 3 am :shock:
Check out http://www.thetrainline.com
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

rooster wrote:
Eve wrote:

If we're gonna have to jump ship for a train at 11 - we might as well head for the boat!

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Eve wrote:
rooster wrote:
Eve wrote: Why not stay in Llanelli? One of the Ulster lads posted suggestions. How easy will it be to get to Swansea after a night's drinking in the Kilkenny?
If we're gonna have to jump ship for a train at 11 - we might as well head for the boat!
The nightover in Swansea is not set in stone, its just I'd heard theres fock all in Llanelli so I picked Swansea instead. . .the hotel can be cancelled and rebooked elsewhere if the plans change.

The flight back is not until 3.30pm so all i have to do is make sure I'm back in Bristol (2 hours away) by then (the trains are frequent on the Sunday too).
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

sheepshagger wrote:
Eve wrote:
rooster wrote: From memory there is a train around 11pm then next is 3 am :shock:
The nightover in Swansea is not set in stone, its just I'd heard theres fock all in Llanelli so I picked Swansea instead. . .the hotel can be cancelled and rebooked elsewhere if the plans change.

The flight back is not until 3.30pm so all i have to do is make sure I'm back in Bristol (2 hours away) by then (the trains are frequent on the Sunday too).
I'd rather stay drinking in llanelli tbh - the initial reason for going back was the craic we had with the locals when we went there for their match v Toulouse.

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

I Need to check some more on the Llanelli accomodation, went I first looked, there wasn't much :? could stay there the night then get up on the Sunday morning (not to early) and get the train back to Bristol (2.5 hrs)
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

sheepshagger wrote:I Need to check some more on the Llanelli accomodation, went I first looked, there wasn't much :? could stay there the night then get up on the Sunday morning (not to early) and get the train back to Bristol (2.5 hrs)
pm'd you ss

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Just a Note - if your going to stay overnight in Llanelli (as opposed to to Swansea or Bristol) either book the late Rynair flight back to Dublin or get a taxi from Llanelli to Swansea (to catch the train back to Bristol). . .the trains from Swansea are frequent on the Sunday its just the first train out of Llanelli isnt until 11m so it could be cutting it a bit fine (to make the Aer Lingus flight). A taxi is GBP 25 (which could be shared)
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

sheepshagger wrote:

Just a Note - if your going to stay overnight in Llanelli (as opposed to to Swansea or Bristol) either book the late Rynair flight back to Dublin or get a taxi from Llanelli to Swansea (to catch the train back to Bristol). . .the trains from Swansea are frequent on the Sunday its just the first train out of Llanelli isnt until 11m so it could be cutting it a bit fine (to make the Aer Lingus flight). A taxi is GBP 25 (which could be shared)
I'd also be wary of engineering works. Try looking at the following website, which hasn't listed the works that weekend yet, but Sunday travel is usually horrendous (that's why I'm driving!) I can also get Claire's Cabs up and running that weekend, but it will be first come, first served!

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_b ... uture.html
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

claire_m wrote:I'd also be wary of engineering works.
Don't scare me - I've already had Shagger tell me what flights to book to and then texting me 5 minutes after I'd booked to tell me there wasn't a train to get us to the airport in time :shock: :shock: :shock:

If you're staying on the Saturday night we're booked into the Best Western

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Theres now 4 of us doing the plane/train option.

If theres enginerring works there will be a bus replacement (for the section affected). .. we have a fair amount of time to make a 2 hour train journey back to Bristol (have bused it when trains are out of action before, its no biggie)
Last edited by sheepshagger on August 28th, 2006, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Eve wrote:
claire_m wrote:I'd also be wary of engineering works.
Don't scare me - I've already had Shagger tell me what flights to book to and then texting me 5 minutes after I'd booked to tell me there wasn't a train to get us to the airport in time :shock: :shock: :shock:

If you're staying on the Saturday night we're booked into the Best Western
Didn't mean to scare you. I'm sure the trains will be fine...

I'll book the hotel tomorrow, I'm just off to bed now, having caught up from a weekend of tears, tantrums and poo (I was staying at my brother's. None of them were mine. I just wanted to clarify that.)
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

okey-dokey.

I've now booked the best western (thanks, Eve!).

I've booked a twin room, so if anyone wants to share with me, just pm me, and I'm sure we can sort something out!