Pro12 - Munster v Leinster, Saturday 31 March @ 7.30p.m.

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

elfan
Knowledgeable

Re: Pro12 - Munster v Leinster, Saturday 31 March @ 7.30p.m.

Post by elfan »

ringer wrote:My wife at home eveYepn got a call from ticketmaster asking to rib up the tickets.
I just thought it was a prank, obviously not.
Yep I got a call and an email. Jesus munster must have come down hard on ticketmaster for issuing ' god forbid' BLUE tickets.
elfan
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

Sorry double post
elfan
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Got my 'red tickets' there on friday. Can't wait now.. Getting the OLSC bus again. Just can't afford hotels these days! Third time's a charm... Nothing worse than that long bus back to Dublin with a loss on our heads! :P
Scrumdog
Bookworm

Post by Scrumdog »

Heading up and down same day. Any suggestions for parking as we want a quick get away after the game.
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

Scrumdog wrote:Heading up and down same day. Any suggestions for parking as we want a quick get away after the game.

Really no good answer for this. Plenty of street parking near ground but unless your prepared to leave the match early theres no quick getaway. Nightmare after both games last season . Decided to treat ourselves to a night in Limerick this time.
elfan
rosenallis

Post by rosenallis »

Just wondering if anyone knows of any accommodation? Made an slight error in booking.ie a week!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

rosenallis wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows of any accommodation? Made an slight error in booking.ie a week!
At this point would recommend www.hotelscombined.com - scans dozens of websites (bucket and official hotel ones).
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

Scrumdog wrote:Heading up and down same day. Any suggestions for parking as we want a quick get away after the game.
stay on the Motorway through the Tunnel, take the first exit after it, then take the second exits at the next two roundabouts, and park in the Dunnes carpark on the left, TP is about a 10-15min walk from there. best place for a quick gettaway, any closer, and you would get stuck in traffic
Scrumdog
Bookworm

Post by Scrumdog »

That sounds good. Thanks for the info.
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

I live between there and TP, its your best bet, just so you know the Tunnel is tolled, €1.80 each way. but its worth it, on a non match day it'll save you 20+min.

And if anyone needs directions to limerick, head for the Kildare Village Shopping Centre, skip the exit and keep going ;)

Hope everyone enjoys the game/weekend, and have a few drinks for me, cos I am going to miss the game :(
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

So, pregame drinks are going to be had in......??
The French are predictably unpredictable
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

rosscarrick wrote:So, pregame drinks are going to be had in......??
Dolans
Johnnymc

Munster v Leinster - Two Terrace tickets for sale

Post by Johnnymc »

I've two terrace tickets for sale for this game €30 each (face value). Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks

J
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

aisling7 wrote:
rosscarrick wrote:So, pregame drinks are going to be had in......??
Dolans
Dolans it is so!
The French are predictably unpredictable
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Dolans is a great spot and I've had many a great night there but it is a little bit out of town and I'm sad to say, it was a little bit dead after the two matches last year.

I'll start off there tomorrow for a but of grub (food is excellent BTW) but will then shift into Flannerys on Shannon Street. It is not to be confused with Flannerys on Catherine Street (which is Jerry Flannerys place and while fine is a bit more rough and ready). Flannerys on Shannon street is basically just a decent oldschool boozer but is staffed with barmen who know how to get a pint into your hand and has a good mix of locals and blues fans with good memories.

Post-match I normally make a beeline for Dolans like a homing pigeon but this time I'm going to give the centre of Limerick a try out. Back to Flannerys (if we can get in) for a few scoops, but not many cause it doesn't serve late. But we're in the centre of town so Nancy Blakes is nearby. I believe this is where all the 'wimmin' go, and I know I'd probably find the music objectionable but who knows what will happen. But there are plenty of pubs in the centre of town and I'm with that madman Skyhawk and several members of Tallaght RFC so it will be an adventure.

One word of warning though. Stay away from Clohessys/The Sin Bin! It's a desperate kip, with nothing to offer other than disease. I was talked into going for a pint there last year and even though it was only during the day I had to get the f**k out of there. The stink of the place was unreal, I doubt the floor had seen a mop for over a decade. Honestly, what a f**king dump! I know, because of the Claw, that people think it should be the first port of call but stay away. It's a shite-hole and Limerick has much better to offer.

All that said, I'll probably end up back in Dolans at some stage for the late drink.....if Mick forgives me!