Need your help !

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Rémy63
Bookworm

Need your help !

Post by Rémy63 »

Hey Leinster fans !

We are currently implementig a guide in order to help away fans when they are coming to Clermont !

We really want to make this away trip easier in the future for away fans !

So, i just need to know few things about these who have made the trip last year :

-Where did you sleep in Clermont ? In Lyon ?
-What's the best place for away fans to have a drink ? A friendly place to eat and have fun with the Clermont's fans ?
-How much did it cost to come in Clermont ? (You can tell it with a private message if you want)

Thank you all for your help and i hope you have had a good time in Clermont !

C'mon Leinster :green clap:
"Worst Olympic Game Ever"
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: Need your help !

Post by limecat »

The OLSC (Official Leinster Supporters Club) write up "away guides" for fans travelling to away matches. If you contact them (olsc 'at' leinsterrugby.ie), I'm sure that they can provide you with a copy of it (Adobe PDF).
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

-Where did you sleep in Clermont ? Ibis somewhere out of town. Bit of a nightmare to get back to with the lack of taxis. Will stay closer to centre on my next visit.

-What's the best place for away fans to have a drink ? A friendly place to eat and have fun with the Clermont's fans ? Cafe Pascal - Great fun there all weekend. Good staff and decent priced beer. Great welcome from the locals. Also drank at the Clermont supporters bar near the stadium. Great fun also.

-How much did it cost to come to :D Clermont ? With flights/trains/hotel/tickets + beer money around €500-€600 for a two-day weekend.

Hope this helps and I look forward to our next visit there cause it was one of the best away trips we ever had.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Rémy63 wrote:Hey Leinster fans !

We are currently implementig a guide in order to help away fans when they are coming to Clermont !

We really want to make this away trip easier in the future for away fans !

So, i just need to know few things about these who have made the trip last year :

-Where did you sleep in Clermont ? In Lyon ?
Clermont. In the Volcan Hotel. +ve Close to the City Centre and Tram Stop to the Stadium. -ve Get there before 23:00 at night as there is no Reception after that (as I found to my cost. It took 30 minutes to call up someone on their intercom to let us in. Not fun in sub zero temperatures, after a long journey and the other half moaning in my ear). Also lack of taxi's around when the evening train from Paris gets in

-What's the best place for away fans to have a drink ? A friendly place to eat and have fun with the Clermont's fans ?
As DonnyB said Cafe Pascal. Great atmosphere and craic with the locals. Also enjoyed a good night in Le 1513 Restaurant.

-How much did it cost to come in Clermont ? (You can tell it with a private message if you want)
Around €700 for 2 including flights to Paris, Train Paris - Clermont and Hotel for two in town. Would say that booking early with SNCF can save quite a bit. Pity Clermont's Airport doesn't have a better selection of destinations.

Thank you all for your help and i hope you have had a good time in Clermont !
Have not had a bad weekend watching Rugby anywhere in France. Great fun. Look forward to my next trip!

C'mon Leinster :green clap:
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Arrrrrgggghhhh!
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
flanders09
Beginner

Post by flanders09 »

Flew via Paris - booked a good bit in advance so was about €100
Train to Clermont - can't remember but around €40 each way??

Stayed in Novotel on Av de la Republique - about €70 which was right beside Stade Marcel Michelin!

Spent quite a while outside Le Bar Sportif after the match - which was also across the road from the stadium (Rue d'Estaing)

Brilliant night -great fun, great place to watch a match! Reckon it cost approx €500 per person in total.

Next time I'll go via Lyon though, the journey home took ages!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Flew to Lyon and hired a 12 seater minibus and driver (about €50 each all return in of memory serves)

Stayed at the Mercure in Clermont city centre, got tram out to stadium (tram station outside the hotel).

Probably spent €450 ish for the two night trip.