Connacht

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Just looked at flights, which one are you thinking of getting? The morning flight means taking a day off and the 2 evening flights are too late for KO at 6.30! :?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

sexy_rexy wrote:Just looked at flights, which one are you thinking of getting? The morning flight means taking a day off and the 2 evening flights are too late for KO at 6.30! :?
Fock it - thought ko was 7.30 (even then its cutting it a bit fine as the flight gets in at 7.15pm).. . but ko is actually 6.30pm

I'm just not supposed to go to this game :cry: :cry: :cry:
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

sheepshagger wrote:
sexy_rexy wrote:Just looked at flights, which one are you thinking of getting? The morning flight means taking a day off and the 2 evening flights are too late for KO at 6.30! :?
Fock it - thought ko was 7.30 (even then its cutting it a bit fine as the flight gets in at 7.15pm).. . but ko is actually 6.30pm

Ah, come on shagger, why so glum?
Get a half day and catch the 1pm bus from Busaras.
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

sheepshagger wrote:

I've decided that too. Hopefully it's on Setanta, and I can settle into a nice pub somewhere and have a few drinks. I may even have moved (again) by then, so could explore my new neighbourhood.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Beer Baron wrote:

Ah, come on shagger, why so glum?
Get a half day and catch the 1pm bus from Busaras.
Its the afternoon thats the problem, its the busiest time of the day for me/work :( . . .I tried to get the day (or even just the afternoon) off but had the request knocked back. . I should of just pulled a sickie. . but if I do that now I might get sprung :(
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Any idea if the Branch are organising a bus down?? Our "friends" at Killester have nothing on offer, per their website. :?:
T - 45
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

does anybody know of a somewhere to have as a meeting place before / after the game
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

I might drive down on the Friday :?
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

olaf the fat wrote:does anybody know of a somewhere to have as a meeting place before / after the game
The King's Head is a good option. The Skeff is always a bit of craic and always puts on obscure rugby matches for me. The G hotel bar for affluence. Bazaar is good too, as is Taaffes and Tigh Neachtain. Avoid the Radisson nightclub and De Burgos. CP and Halo for easy meat market but both get too packed at weekends.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

I'm driving down on business early on the Friday morning and staying the night somewhere in Galway. If anyone wants a lift down pm me. Beware though, I do mean early... leaving Dublin at about 6 am.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

apple sourz wrote:I might drive down on the Friday :?
Looking at doing the same myself.
T - 45
jedifart
Knowledgeable

Post by jedifart »

I could look into the cost of small buses (c.16 seater) if anyone would be interested??
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

jedifart wrote:I could look into the cost of small buses (c.16 seater) if anyone would be interested??
Yes!
jedifart
Knowledgeable

Post by jedifart »

Okie-dokie, I've sent some mails... one reply so far, giving a quote of €480 for a 16-seater, which would work out at €30 a head if we get 16 heads...
jedifart
Knowledgeable

Post by jedifart »

It turns out that we can get a 22-seater for €50 more.

If anyone is seriously interested, please post here or pm me... if there are, say, 12-15 definates by the end of today I'll go ahead and book something.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

jedifart wrote:It turns out that we can get a 22-seater for €50 more.

If anyone is seriously interested, please post here or pm me... if there are, say, 12-15 definates by the end of today I'll go ahead and book something.
I am interested in this trip - you'll need a good guide for Galway boozers anyway.
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Beer Baron »

Duff Paddy wrote:
jedifart wrote:It turns out that we can get a 22-seater for €50 more.

I am interested in this trip - you'll need a good guide for Galway boozers anyway.
Is your ex gona be there?
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Just remembered this, so thought I'd post it, and then go to bed!

Radio Galway do a match commentary for Connacht's home games. For those of you unable to make the game, you can always listen online.

More details can be found here, on Connacht's supporters site:

http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/list/s505.htm
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

olaf the fat wrote:does anybody know of a somewhere to have as a meeting place before / after the game
We've been trying to arrange a definitive meeting place for Connacht Supporters outside of the Sportsground itself, after some careful research and negotiation by some of the more locally based supporters the pub of choice is:

Garveys...

Garvey's was chosen due to its central location, proximity to the Sportsground, Bus & Train stations... and of course for its atmosphere!

So if you're coming down for the game, that's the best place to head for for a few pre and post game scoops...
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

I condone the use of Garvey's - decent boozer.