Watching the Ulster v Edinburgh Semi in Bordeaux

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Watching the Ulster v Edinburgh Semi in Bordeaux

Post by AdamK »

So, a fair few of us are likely to be in Bordeaux during the other semi. Infact, if you're like me, you'll be missing the majority of it because we're getting the Bristol flight on saturday (which will be in the air during take off).

However, if I deduce right, we should be landing just prior to half time. I figure the Connemara pub will be showing the match, and it's just beside our Hotel. Has anyone travelled to Bordeaux before? Would it be plausible to get out of the airport and taxi it to the pub in time to catch the last half of the match? Or is the airport too far? Or taxi's too expensive?
mikerob
Mullet

Re: Watching the Ulster v Edinburgh Semi in Bordeaux

Post by mikerob »

From what I remember from RWC 2007, a taxi from the airport to the centre of Bordeaux takes about 20-25 mins. I was sharing with others so can't remember exactly how much the fare was, but I don't think it was too expensive.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

mikerob wrote:From what I remember from RWC 2007, a taxi from the airport to the centre of Bordeaux takes about 20-25 mins. I was sharing with others so can't remember exactly how much the fare was, but I don't think it was too expensive.
Thanks... so we might catch the last 15-20 min if we're lucky. :)
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

We'll be there in the afternoon I think.. so the Connemara Pub for watching the other semi? Is that the plan?
Dont Panic!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

AdamK wrote:So, a fair few of us are likely to be in Bordeaux during the other semi. Infact, if you're like me, you'll be missing the majority of it because we're getting the Bristol flight on saturday (which will be in the air during take off).
When I was growing up my Mammy always said it was bad manners to laugh at someone's mistake, especially if you knew what they meant but this was too funny to not laugh at. :lol:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Scrumdog
Bookworm

Post by Scrumdog »

I can relax now.I`m on that flight too. I would imagine with an 8 hour gap we will all be flying by the time the match kicks off. :D
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Scrumdog wrote:I can relax now.I`m on that flight too. I would imagine with an 8 hour gap we will all be flying by the time the match kicks off. :D
I am too - seems there'll be quite a group of us travelling together
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Xanthippe wrote:
AdamK wrote:So, a fair few of us are likely to be in Bordeaux during the other semi. Infact, if you're like me, you'll be missing the majority of it because we're getting the Bristol flight on saturday (which will be in the air during take off).
When I was growing up my Mammy always said it was bad manners to laugh at someone's mistake, especially if you knew what they meant but this was too funny to not laugh at. :lol:

Hahha.. Oops, that's what I get for trying to type whilst doing work. I deserved that. :P

Yeah we're gonna have to take over some bar in Bristol and setup a temporary supporters bar. :)
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Dexter wrote:We'll be there in the afternoon I think.. so the Connemara Pub for watching the other semi? Is that the plan?
If you're there in time then yeh I think so.. looks like a decent pub, it's very central... The OLSC are releasing a guide soon, I'd imagine that pub will be on it.
dmnsctt
Beginner

Post by dmnsctt »

yeah would be good to get a gang together to cheer on Ulster. My group will be arriving into Bordeaux on the Friday night, so it would be nice to watch the Ulster Embra game somewhere with a bit of atmosphere alright..

Also if anyone fancies it. Biarritz play Brive in the Amlin Semi on the Saturday in Biarritz. 2 hour drive from Bordeaux if you need a live rugby fix :-)
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Hahah, if I wasn't already so skint I'd be up for the Biarritz game. Reckon that could be a good one.

Looking forward to seeing this 'guide pack' from OLSC... Pretty sure they mentioned the connemara pub. I hope that'll be the away fan's base, as I can practically see it from my hotel! :D
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

Xanthippe wrote:
That's a cracker - hope you make it to the pub in time for landing Adam !

Apologies to XT's mother...