Belfast Bar for Friday?? Ulster Match

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Leezer
Enlightened

Belfast Bar for Friday?? Ulster Match

Post by Leezer »

any ideas?

any decent late establishments also? ie. Leeson Street :lol: :lol:
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Stalk me on ye olde Tweet Machine!!!!!!!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Re: Belfast Bar for Friday?? Ulster Match

Post by sheepshagger »

Leezer wrote:any ideas?

Err why not go to the game?!?!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

sheepshagger wrote:

I assumed he (she?) meant for after the game
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Xanthippe wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:

I assumed he (she?) meant for after the game
He.
I normally go into the Crown. Then if I get pi$$ed enough to not know any better Robinsons next door when it closes.

Would not recommend it for Shagger as it's owned by the national trust and the staff are all unionised and in effect civil servants. :shock: :wink: :)

This time I will be visiting the Taphouse near Queens. It's about a mile and a half from Ravenhill and there are a bus or 2 full of Ulster fans converging on it. They show all the Rugby games there and it is said to be good crack.

Sadly (actually not so sadly at all) my dancing days are over and I was never big on nightclubs in the first place, so I can't help you there.
Leezer
Enlightened

Post by Leezer »

sheepshagger wrote:
I am going! 1/2 day from Work and staying over!
Xanthippe wrote: I assumed he (she?) meant for after the game
exactly!

johng wrote: He.
I normally go into the Crown. Then if I get pi$$ed enough to not know any better Robinsons next door when it closes.

Would not recommend it for Shagger as it's owned by the national trust and the staff are all unionised and in effect civil servants. :shock: :wink: :)

This time I will be visiting the Taphouse near Queens. It's about a mile and a half from Ravenhill and there are a bus or 2 full of Ulster fans converging on it. They show all the Rugby games there and it is said to be good crack.

Sadly (actually not so sadly at all) my dancing days are over and I was never big on nightclubs in the first place, so I can't help you there.
Thanks John! who says i dance btw!!
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

johng wrote:
He.
Thanks - maybe we should look at getting our names colour coded!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Leezer
Enlightened

Post by Leezer »

Xanthippe wrote:
johng wrote:
He.
Thanks - maybe we should look at getting our names colour coded!!

so Men Women Prefer Not To Disclose?

Leinster_Dave
Bookworm

Post by Leinster_Dave »

Is it safe enough to park around Ravenhill, doing the day trip but have only bussed it in the past
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Leinster_Dave wrote:Is it safe enough to park around Ravenhill, doing the day trip but have only bussed it in the past
Fine. Ravenhill is in a "nice" area. You can park a few streets away. They put cones out near the stadium so you can't park.

We parked outside someone's garage door last time, (2 years ago) just as they were coming out of their house. I thought they were going to complain, but they smiled and asked us who we thought would win etc.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

johng wrote:
We parked outside someone's garage door last time, (2 years ago) just as they were coming out of their house. I thought they were going to complain, but they smiled and asked us who we thought would win etc.

You did what?? Some people! I would have 'got 2 other cars and parked them up against yours so you had to knock on my door to get out. :D :D
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Scott wrote:
johng wrote:

You did what?? Some people! I would have 'got 2 other cars and parked them up against yours so you had to knock on my door to get out. :D :D
:lol:

We weren't actually blocking them. But close enough to them that they could have got shirty if they had a mind.
dmnsctt
Beginner

Post by dmnsctt »

johng wrote:
Leinster_Dave wrote:Is it safe enough to park around Ravenhill, doing the day trip but have only bussed it in the past
Fine. Ravenhill is in a "nice" area. You can park a few streets away. They put cones out near the stadium so you can't park.

Sweet... yeah driving up as well. Last season I just parked in the city centre in a car park and got a taxi over.... Looked like you could park a few streets away alright. Will try it this time...