Where are people staying for the final ?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

bails
Graduate

Re: Where are people staying for the final ?

Post by bails »

Let's hope there is a whiff of cordite in the SHeraton !
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

johng wrote:
mikey wrote:
bails wrote:Also in the Sheraton Skyline at Heathrow for Friday and Saturday night

will see you there!! - we'll be in blue!
You can apologise for calling him Balls. :)

Thanks for that John!!!
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

bails wrote:Let's hope there is a whiff of cordite in the SHeraton !

If John G is there there may more more than cordite in the air!
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Be Aware that Chelsea are playing a Champions League game that night and when they lose the Chelsea/Fulham areas mightn't be to nice
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

sarah_lennon wrote:Be Aware that Chelsea are playing a Champions League game that night and when they lose the Chelsea/Fulham areas mightn't be to nice
I live in the areas Sarah and its genuinely not an issue at all. Now if it was Millwall.........

The pubs in that area(and, frankly all over the city as they would be in Dublin for Champos Lge final) will be rammed but having lived within a pitching wedge of Stamford Bridge for two full seasons (encompassing, thankfully, plenty of losses) I have genuinely never seen a whit of an issue
Leinster jersey on the Great Wall of China.The Mongolians couldn't breach it but the Blues did!
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

blaker wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:Be Aware that Chelsea are playing a Champions League game that night and when they lose the Chelsea/Fulham areas mightn't be to nice
I live in the areas Sarah and its genuinely not an issue at all. Now if it was Millwall.........

The pubs in that area(and, frankly all over the city as they would be in Dublin for Champos Lge final) will be rammed but having lived within a pitching wedge of Stamford Bridge for two full seasons (encompassing, thankfully, plenty of losses) I have genuinely never seen a whit of an issue
Fair enough, it was mostly tongue in cheek anyway
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

sarah_lennon wrote:
blaker wrote:

Fair enough, it was mostly tongue in cheek anyway
God yeah I'm not being precious at all - just in case somebody was panicking about being torn apart by a bunch of irate Chelsea pensioners or something!
Leinster jersey on the Great Wall of China.The Mongolians couldn't breach it but the Blues did!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

blaker wrote:
God yeah I'm not being precious at all - just in case somebody was panicking about being torn apart by a bunch of irate Chelsea pensioners or something!
Its the state of your wallet after a few scoops in the Chelsea area that I'd be worried about :D
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
toffblue
Bookworm

Post by toffblue »

Staines (Massive)
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems." H J Simpson Esq
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

near Marble Arch... apparently we're going shopping on Sunday :(
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Avenger wrote:near Marble Arch... apparently we're going shopping on Sunday :(
Most shops don't open till Noon - head up to the KFC near there for some breafast, that will sort you out.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

sheepshagger wrote:
Avenger wrote:near Marble Arch... apparently we're going shopping on Sunday :(
Most shops don't open till Noon - head up to the KFC near there for some breafast, that will sort you out.
KFC? Seriously?
As I won't have the car this year, I'll be having a few scoops so staying in bed til noon sounds better to me.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

KFC FTW! Brilliant idea.
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Staying in an apartment near Marble Arch. Think we can get jubilee line from Bond St to Waterloo and train from there to Twickers on Saturday so should work out well.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

JohnB wrote:Staying in an apartment near Marble Arch. Think we can get jubilee line from Bond St to Waterloo and train from there to Twickers on Saturday so should work out well.
Marble Arch is obviously where the cool kids are staying John ;)
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Avenger, Your kindness is overwhelming given that I was never cool and am certainly no longer a kid!!
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Edit.
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

JohnB wrote:Staying in an apartment near Marble Arch. Think we can get jubilee line from Bond St to Waterloo and train from there to Twickers on Saturday so should work out well.
Or walk down to Green Park (which is no further), get the Victoria Line to Vauxhall and hop on a train to 'nam from there :idea:
mikerob
Mullet

Post by mikerob »

claire_m wrote:
Or walk down to Green Park (which is no further), get the Victoria Line to Vauxhall and hop on a train to 'nam from there :idea:
May be best heading for W'loo however. Just the slower stopping trains call at Vauxhall while from W'loo there is the option of getting the faster trains that only stop at Clapham Junction and Richmond.

SW Trains are laying on extra trains from W'loo on Saturday.
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

mikerob wrote:
claire_m wrote:
May be best heading for W'loo however. Just the slower stopping trains call at Vauxhall while from W'loo there is the option of getting the faster trains that only stop at Clapham Junction and Richmond.

SW Trains are laying on extra trains from W'loo on Saturday.
True, but the Windsor train only has one additional stop (Putney) than the fast train. To be fair, the slowest train (ie stops at every station) only takes about an extra 10 minutes than the first one. If you're in a rush, then sure, go via Waterloo, but if you're not, it's one of those things that's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other...