Heathrow to Twickenham

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

bails
Graduate

Heathrow to Twickenham

Post by bails »

Anybody know the best was to get from Heathrow (Sheraton Skyline Hotel Heathrow) to Richmond/Twickenham ?
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Re: Heathrow to Twickenham

Post by Xanthippe »

Here you go - Hornet posted this about a week ago and it seems to be very helpful
Hornet wrote:For those flying into Heathrow and heading for Twickenham, Bus 490 is a direct service. Bus Can be picked up at Terminal 5 and Terminal 4 which can be reached FOC by the Heathrow Express/Heathrow Connect Rail Service from Terminal 1 (where Aer Lingus and BMI arrive/depart). Bus 490 also goes from Hatton Cross which can be reached FOC from Heathrow Central Bus Station on Bus 285. Bus fare to Twickenham is £2.30

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround ... s-2121.pdf
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround ... ses/?r=490
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/490full.pdf
Also, Footrush mentioned somewhere that he and his Dad are staying near you and they'd be happy to share a taxi to the game if you're interested (just in case you missed his offer!)
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Leezer
Enlightened

Post by Leezer »

Taxi Pool with other Fans.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Stalk me on ye olde Tweet Machine!!!!!!!
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Think I'm staying there too. We're thinking of heading to Richmond on saturday morning... should we just get the free shuttle bus service from Twickers, or go directly from our hotel?
podge09
Bookworm

Post by podge09 »

4 of us in hilton heathrow and figured taxi to twickenham prob best option. Only 6 miles from Terminal 4 and the tube leaves you 2 miles from twickers with 1 change. Bus an option too but if you have 4 check out taxi option first!!! £2.30 x 4 is £9.20 so maybe cheaper than taxi but if it's around £10-£15 in a taxi i'm there.
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

made the mistake of taking a taxi from central London to Twickenham for the last final played there in '07 - once you got within a few miles of the ground traffic was crazy. Will stick to the train this time.
Leezer
Enlightened

Post by Leezer »

Barry wrote:made the mistake of taking a taxi from central London to Twickenham .
did you win the lotto or something???
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Stalk me on ye olde Tweet Machine!!!!!!!
podge09
Bookworm

Post by podge09 »

Stayed in kensington for the wasps match and taxi had to leave us out near richmond train station and still a walk from there! If you are that side of the city defo train or tube is the way to go!
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

I think there are a lot of people staying out by Heathrow. Big taxi could be a good option if you are heading out Richmond/Twickenham way early.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Cianostays wrote:I think there are a lot of people staying out by Heathrow. Big taxi could be a good option if you are heading out Richmond/Twickenham way early.
Here's a link to some Taxi companies in the Heathrow/Hounslow area.
http://www.taxiregister.com/Hounslow
Booking one would be cheaper than hailing a Black Cab. Note that Black Cabs are the only Taxi's that you can hail on the street in London. Mini Cabs and Licensed Taxi's except Black Cabs are not allowed to pick up off the street. There has been a lot of problems in London over the years with unlicensed Cabs, especially around major events. Many do not have the required insurance or are not Licensed by the Local Authority. (There has always been problems in and around Heathrow in this regard, and the police often warn people about this on the Local News). I would strongly urge you to avoid anyone in a car purporting to be a Taxi. Book from a recognised Company (as per the link), or get a Black Cab.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

bails wrote:Anybody know the best was to get from Heathrow (Sheraton Skyline Hotel Heathrow) to Richmond/Twickenham ?
We are in the same - bus stop pretty much outside 222 to houndslow and 5 mins on the train to Whitton or slightly more to twickenham

trains every half hour

Getting back - guess that depends on the result!