Ryanair Website down for upgrade next Friday.

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Ryanair Website down for upgrade next Friday.

Post by Hornet »

Just to let anyone flying with Ryanair and leaving it to the last minute to check in online/print off their boarding cards next week, the Ryanair website will be down from 4pm Friday to Mid Day Sunday. (Info from PPRUNE, The Professional Pilots Rumour Network).

http://www.ryanair.com/en/notices/gops/ ... sure-en-GB

18/19 May - Ryanair.com 24 Hour Closure

The Cheap Flights - Book cheap flights to Europe with Ryanair website will be closed for upgrade maintenance at the below times between Fri. 18 May and Sun. 20 May. Passengers must ensure that they have booked tickets, checked in online and printed their boarding passes etc. prior to the below times.

1. Online Check-in - Not available from 16:00 hrs on Fri. 18 May until 12:00 hrs. Sun. 20 May

2. Bookings cannot be made on Ryanair.com from 22:00 hrs on Fri. 18 May until 22:00hrs Sat. 19 May

3. Flight Changes cannot be made from 22:00 hrs on Fri. 18 May until 22:00hrs Sat. 19 May

Ryanair wishes to apologise to all passengers who may be affected by our website closure which is unavoidable in order to upgrade the Cheap Flights - Book cheap flights to Europe with Ryanair website.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: Ryanair Website down for upgrade next Friday.

Post by Darce »

Thats pretty much a joke....
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

How much is it if you don't print out your pass in time? Like 40 quid or something? Another masterstroke by O'Leary...
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

AdamK wrote:How much is it if you don't print out your pass in time? Like 40 quid or something? Another masterstroke by O'Leary...
Hardly an issue though. You can check in now if you have any concern....
Four Stars
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

You can check in up to 15 days before departure. Boarding Card print out at airport is now €60/£60 per sector per person. You have been warned!!!

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-con ... ableoffees
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Lar wrote:
AdamK wrote:How much is it if you don't print out your pass in time? Like 40 quid or something? Another masterstroke by O'Leary...
Hardly an issue though. You can check in now if you have any concern....
I think peoples issue is that it's a cynical attempt to catch people out and get multiples of 60 euro extra off them. I'm a software developer working in web development and I see absolutely no reason why an application would be down all weekend
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

You'd think they would have emailed people with flights coming up to tell them wouldn't you?
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Donny B. wrote:You'd think they would have emailed people with flights coming up to tell them wouldn't you?

Or put it on the homepage maybe?
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Scott wrote:
Donny B. wrote:You'd think they would have emailed people with flights coming up to tell them wouldn't you?

Or put it on the homepage maybe?
It's on the homepage now

in little red writing
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Have yet to checkin and am flying Saturday - received an email with the info (the site being closed).
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

They did. At least I got one on Monday. But it smacks of a Ryanair tricks again. 5 days notice is probably the min notice they have to give by law (I'm only guessing). When major IT apps are planned to be down (at least in my company) - its known about for mths in advance.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

They've said they won't charge people the airport checkin fee.