Reading based fans

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Scrumdog
Bookworm

Reading based fans

Post by Scrumdog »

Just wondering where Reading based fans are going to be eating and drinking this weekend. Last time we were there we used The Walkabout and also O`Neills.Both were OK last time.The Walkabout was the Reading HQ last time out. The more the merrier.
elfan
Knowledgeable

Re: Reading based fans

Post by elfan »

Scrumdog wrote:Just wondering where Reading based fans are going to be eating and drinking this weekend. Last time we were there we used The Walkabout and also O`Neills.Both were OK last time.The Walkabout was the Reading HQ last time out. The more the merrier.
Staying in the penta hotel in Reading tomorrow and Saturday so would also be interested in any updates on this.
elfan
Triskaidekaphobia
Bookworm

Post by Triskaidekaphobia »

If you prefer a proper type pub rather than the generic superpubs then try this place (The gateway) in Reading.
http://www.reading-irish-pub.co.uk/

Used to go there when I lived there when it was a Scruffy Murphys and had good craic there a couple of years back for the London Irish match. Only a couple of minutes walk from the Walkabout.
Scrumdog
Bookworm

Post by Scrumdog »

That might be well worth a look. We're staying in the Ibis almost beside it. Not too far to stumble home.
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

Triskaidekaphobia wrote:If you prefer a proper type pub rather than the generic superpubs then try this place (The gateway) in Reading.
http://www.reading-irish-pub.co.uk/

Used to go there when I lived there when it was a Scruffy Murphys and had good craic there a couple of years back for the London Irish match. Only a couple of minutes walk from the Walkabout.

We're in the Novotel, is that near The Gateway anyone know? Thanks
Scrumdog
Bookworm

Post by Scrumdog »

The Novotel and ibis are next door to each other. It's only a 5 min walk. We get in about 7.30 pm and I think that's where we will be heading. ( for starters anyway). They will be showing the Amlin final @ 8.00..
kingsofcroker
Beginner

Post by kingsofcroker »

Scrumdog wrote:The Novotel and ibis are next door to each other. It's only a 5 min walk. We get in about 7.30 pm and I think that's where we will be heading. ( for starters anyway). They will be showing the Amlin final @ 8.00..
Thanks for that, we'll be there :D
"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit."
- Jean-Pierre Rives