Llanelli away - Saturday 20 October, KO 1.35pm

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

TheBear
Enlightened

Re: Llanelli away - Saturday 20 October, KO 1.35pm

Post by TheBear »

Soundgav2 wrote:Does anyone have information on tickets? WIll they only be available from Scarlets closer to time and presume there will be an allocation directly to Leinster?
There's usually an allocation made available to the visiting club. They have a limited time to sell them, after which they have to be returned to the home team. Keep an eye on the Leinster website, as it's often announced there.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

TheBear wrote:
Soundgav2 wrote:Does anyone have information on tickets? WIll they only be available from Scarlets closer to time and presume there will be an allocation directly to Leinster?
There's usually an allocation made available to the visiting club. They have a limited time to sell them, after which they have to be returned to the home team. Keep an eye on the Leinster website, as it's often announced there.
ST holders get emailed for away HC games with our allocation, the supporters club are pretty good at posting updates too.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

sheepshagger wrote:
TheBear wrote:
ST holders get emailed for away HC games with our allocation, the supporters club are pretty good at posting updates too.
My OH is the assigned e-mail address, and he tends to delete lots without reading them. Must make sure he doesn't do that this time around!
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Has anyone else gone for the Friday evening Aer Lingus flight into Cardiff? There are a couple of us heading over on that and trying to decide whether to stay in Cardiff that night and head up to Llanelli by train on Saturday or get a taxi that night from the airport and stay in Llanelli.

Any suggestions on cheapest/easiest/most enjoyable would be welcomed!
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

By Taxi to Llanelli is around 1.3 hours: http://www.airporttaxis-uk.co.uk/Cardiff/index.htm - Standard return taxi fare is £130 (single £65). Cardiff Airport is a small airport. Quotes on request and pre-booking is recommended.

I have hired a car for the whole weekend for less than the price of that 1 way taxi. OK I'll have to put juice in it but.......

Even if I just drive it from Bristol to Clanethly and park it, it is a bargain. Probably use it to fart about Wales on the Sunday on the way back.
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

johng wrote:By Taxi to Llanelli is around 1.3 hours: http://www.airporttaxis-uk.co.uk/Cardiff/index.htm - Standard return taxi fare is £130 (single £65). Cardiff Airport is a small airport. Quotes on request and pre-booking is recommended.

I have hired a car for the whole weekend for less than the price of that 1 way taxi. OK I'll have to put juice in it but.......

Even if I just drive it from Bristol to Clanethly and park it, it is a bargain. Probably use it to fart about Wales on the Sunday on the way back.
Hm, taxis definitely not looking like the way to go on that basis then.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Vamos los azules wrote:Has anyone else gone for the Friday evening Aer Lingus flight into Cardiff? There are a couple of us heading over on that and trying to decide whether to stay in Cardiff that night and head up to Llanelli by train on Saturday or get a taxi that night from the airport and stay in Llanelli.

Any suggestions on cheapest/easiest/most enjoyable would be welcomed!
Head up by Train on Saturday. Plenty to choose from. (There's one about 09:50 which is direct to Llanelli). Plus you might get a cheap Hotel deal in Cardiff.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Tickets on sale tomorrow. Very reasonable too.

TICKETS FOR SCARLETS V LEINSTER HEINEKEN CUP FIXTURE

Dear Season Ticket holder/ Blues member,

Tickets for Leinster's Heineken Cup away fixture against Scarlets on 20th October will be available to purchase from 10am tomorrow (14 September). You can purchase tickets by logging into your Season Ticket account and clicking 'Buy Tickets' from 10am on Friday.

Tickets cost €22.50 for terrace and €29 for stand. Usual Ticketmaster charges will apply. A limit of four tickets per Season Ticket holder will apply.

Please note tickets will only be available to purchase until Tuesday, 2nd October.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Terrace or Stand ? :roll:
Flying wedge
dave13
Bookworm

Post by dave13 »

Terrace
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

dave13 wrote:Terrace
Everyone going for the terrace?

I always wonder if it's best to have everyone together, or to have a couple of pockets of Leinster fans around the ground?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

footrush wrote:Terrace or Stand ? :roll:
Depends if you want to stand or be seated!

Would assume most will be standing (so terrace).
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Terrace :happy clapper:
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

Will be going for Stand tickets. Any idea which stand is best if theres a choice?
elfan
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

elfan wrote:Will be going for Stand tickets. Any idea which stand is best if theres a choice?
At our last H Cup game there the ground was half empty think you should be able to pick your spot.
Just got my North terrace ticket, really straight forward. :happy clapper:
Last edited by footrush on September 14th, 2012, 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flying wedge
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

North terrace sorted 8)
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Based on last time there were tickets on sale on the day.... Whether or not the north terrace sells out before then (we we are) who knows.
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

3 stand tickets purchased. Didn't seem to let you select any particular stand.To be allocated later. Anybody else get that or did I mess up?
elfan
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

elfan wrote:3 stand tickets purchased. Didn't seem to let you select any particular stand.To be allocated later. Anybody else get that or did I mess up?

I think the allocation Leinster have got is for one particular stand so there was no other choice as such (even for those looking for seats as opposed to terrace)

What's also puzzling is that in the e-mail which I just received confirming purchase of the tickets,they state the k.o. time as 15.35 - I assume this is an error - everywhere else it is given as a 13.35 (doubtless to fit in with SKY t.v. schedules) ?
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

HUDSOC wrote:
elfan wrote:3 stand tickets purchased. Didn't seem to let you select any particular stand.To be allocated later. Anybody else get that or did I mess up?

I think the allocation Leinster have got is for one particular stand so there was no other choice as such (even for those looking for seats as opposed to terrace)

What's also puzzling is that in the e-mail which I just received confirming purchase of the tickets,they state the k.o. time as 15.35 - I assume this is an error - everywhere else it is given as a 13.35 (doubtless to fit in with SKY t.v. schedules) ?
Misprint I hope. Otherwise I and a lot of others are rightly f#cked as have to catch 19.55 flight from Bristol.
elfan