Llanelli away - Saturday 20 October, KO 1.35pm

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Re: Llanelli away - Saturday 20 October, KO 1.35pm

Post by HUDSOC »

Getting the train down from London - arriving Llanelli station (after change at Swansea) at 12:08 - which leaves a bit over an hour to get to the ground for the 13.35 k.o. Not having been there before,can anyone tell us if we are leaving plenty of time for ourselves and what is the best means to get from the station to the ground (bus ? taxi if easily available ? assume too far to walk ?).
Also our return train leaves Llanelli 16:30 which by my reckoning will leave only an hour to get back to Llanelli station immediately after the end of the game .How realistic might that be ?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

HUDSOC wrote:Getting the train down from London - arriving Llanelli station (after change at Swansea) at 12:08 - which leaves a bit over an hour to get to the ground for the 13.35 k.o. Not having been there before,can anyone tell us if we are leaving plenty of time for ourselves and what is the best means to get from the station to the ground (bus ? taxi if easily available ? assume too far to walk ?).
Also our return train leaves Llanelli 16:30 which by my reckoning will leave only an hour to get back to Llanelli station immediately after the end of the game .How realistic might that be ?
It's only 5 mins in a taxi from town, a but if a strange walk as its a very busy road (maybe no footpaths some of the way?), they often do free buses from train station do that might be your best bet.

Details normally in the away guide (out tomorrow according to Twitter).
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

HUDSOC wrote:Getting the train down from London - arriving Llanelli station (after change at Swansea) at 12:08 - which leaves a bit over an hour to get to the ground for the 13.35 k.o. Not having been there before,can anyone tell us if we are leaving plenty of time for ourselves and what is the best means to get from the station to the ground (bus ? taxi if easily available ? assume too far to walk ?).
I always walk to the ground. Takes about 30 minutes, but needs a bit of planning to pick the shortest route. There are also buses from the station to the ground. I think the fare might be around £2.00. I shall travel down on the train below and change at Newport.
08:11 - Reading Station 09:30 - Newport Gwent Train (FIRST GREAT WESTERN)
09:38 - Newport Gwent 11:15 - Llanelli Train (ARRIVA TRAINS WALES) No seat reserved with this ticket*
*The passenger is free to sit in any unreserved seat for the class of travel specified on the ticket
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

Many thanks guys for the feedback - very helpful.Feel more re-assured now haven't cut it too fine (famous last words maybe !).
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Hornet wrote:
I always walk to the ground. Takes about 30 minutes, but needs a bit of planning to pick the shortest route. There are also buses from the station to the ground. I think the fare might be around £2.00. I shall travel down on the train below and change at Newport.
08:11 - Reading Station 09:30 - Newport Gwent Train (FIRST GREAT WESTERN)
09:38 - Newport Gwent 11:15 - Llanelli Train (ARRIVA TRAINS WALES) No seat reserved with this ticket*
*The passenger is free to sit in any unreserved seat for the class of travel specified on the ticket
Will see you on your second train, we get on it at Cardiff
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

post match is the plan to head for the Cat? catch the other games and partake of some beverages?
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

mikey wrote:post match is the plan to head for the Cat? catch the other games and partake of some beverages?
Those of us who are doing a day-trip and availing of the OLSC-arranged buses have to leave almost immediately after the match, I think. Meeting at 3.45pm, to depart at 4pm, so there won't be much hanging around for us.

Where are people heading to beforehand? I'm crossing my fingers that the OLSC hasn't nominated one of the Walkabout bars as the supporters' bar; those places could suck the atmosphere out of any group.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

mikey wrote:post match is the plan to head for the Cat? catch the other games and partake of some beverages?
I'm fairly sure that the Cat no longer has Sky Sports :(
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

TheBear wrote:
Those of us who are doing a day-trip and availing of the OLSC-arranged buses have to leave almost immediately after the match, I think. Meeting at 3.45pm, to depart at 4pm, so there won't be much hanging around for us.

Where are people heading to beforehand? I'm crossing my fingers that the OLSC hasn't nominated one of the Walkabout bars as the supporters' bar; those places could suck the atmosphere out of any group.
Don't think Llanelli is 'lucky' enough to have a Walkabout :wink:
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

sheepshagger wrote:
TheBear wrote:

Don't think Llanelli is 'lucky' enough to have a Walkabout :wink:
*phew*
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

Last edited by mtleinster on October 16th, 2012, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

limecat wrote:

Oh no, what will we do??......

ah

eJ’s Café, Bar and Restaurant

OK...!
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Away guide as mentioned above by Mt Leinster but the nice shiny screen version and new link to the print ready version:

Screen version: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/images/cont ... 2)_new.pdf

Print version: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/images/cont ... PR_new.pdf

:D
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
kcreg
Beginner

Post by kcreg »

limecat wrote:
THE CAT NOW HAS SKY (full package too!!) :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: ,also new hd tv's and 2 sky boxes!!! see you all there sat
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

kcreg wrote:
limecat wrote:
THE CAT NOW HAS SKY (full package too!!) :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: ,also new hd tv's and 2 sky boxes!!! see you all there sat

and all is right with the world again!!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

kcreg wrote:
limecat wrote:
This makes me happy!
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

That EJ's is a right kip, from what I can remember. But that Cat is only two minutes walk away, so happy days.

Glad to see the Cat has Sky again.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Looking forward to the luminous green sauce on the kebabs!!!!!!!!!!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I see the OLSC have been in contact with the departures bar in Bristol Airport for a burger and a pint deal (nice). Any chance they could ask them to stick on the rugby too. Exeter v Clermont would be nice but would settle for Connacht v Quins.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

Donny B. wrote:I see the OLSC have been in contact with the departures bar in Bristol Airport for a burger and a pint deal (nice). Any chance they could ask them to stick on the rugby too. Exeter v Clermont would be nice but would settle for Connacht v Quins.
Also, these might be of interest if there's some time to kill before the flight: vouchers for Bristol airport