HC final 2014.....will be in France

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

rooster
Seán Cronin

Re: HC final 2014.....will be in France

Post by rooster »

Xanthippe wrote::cry: Guess we won't be going to Rome next May - might as well cancel the room booking.
Just change it to May 2015 as it is rumoured if HEC is still going that it will be in Italy for the final.
BRulster
Bookworm

Post by BRulster »

rooster wrote:
Xanthippe wrote::cry: Guess we won't be going to Rome next May - might as well cancel the room booking.
Just change it to May 2015 as it is rumoured if HEC is still going that it will be in Italy for the final.
In Milan though - not Rome.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Apparently the ERC are having a press conference from Millenium Stadium next Wednesday so it looks like we'll all be Cardiff bound next May
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Yep, that hotel booking for Cardiff has worked out.

http://www.espn.co.uk/heineken-cup-2012 ... 90541.html
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Yup, we booked a room last night.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

I'll probably do the camping at one of the local rugby clubs again if we get there.

I wonder if they'll do that again for the World Cup games? Cardiff Harlequins were great hosts.
Anyone But New Zealand
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Any idea how long after they announce Cardiff we'll have to wait before we can buy tickets?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Am I right in thinking that all of our STHs were boxed off when we got there in 2011?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

domhnallj wrote:Any idea how long after they announce Cardiff we'll have to wait before we can buy tickets?
Wouldn't be surprised if its the day after.

Think in the end everyone who wanted a ticket for Cardiff got one (the scramble for accommodation might put people off who don't have their team there).
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

sheepshagger wrote:
domhnallj wrote:Any idea how long after they announce Cardiff we'll have to wait before we can buy tickets?

Think in the end everyone who wanted a ticket for Cardiff got one (the scramble for accommodation might put people off who don't have their team there).
Excellent thanks, sorted out the hotel already and tickets for the two games are next on the list.

Is it just me or does Cardiff have the smallest pool of hotel accommodation of any capital city?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

domhnallj wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:

Excellent thanks, sorted out the hotel already and tickets for the two games are next on the list.

Is it just me or does Cardiff have the smallest pool of hotel accommodation of any capital city?
Has always been a problem with the HC/6N - Edinburgh is a bit of a nightmare too.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

At the risk of gloating, we took a punt and booked a hotel in Cardiff a couple of weeks ago, so for once we won't be leaving straight after the match to get home. (That drive to Pembroke to catch the 2.30am ferry was a little dodgy. As was the crossing in gale force winds.)
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Economics 101 is at work - any remaining hotel rooms in cardiff are now €200 odd a night, if you don't like those then its staying on the outskirts and/or Newport.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Edinburgh isn't an issue for me unless it is a late game since Newcastle is only a two hour train journey away.

I booked what looks like a nice place in Cardiff about four miles out (on purpose) with a lake view. Cost was about 80 a night across Friday and Saturday so I am happy with that.

Will get the train down - works about the same time (5 1/2 hours) as driving although way more expensive.

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

sheepshagger wrote:Tickets go on sale 9 September...

http://m.ercrugby.com/eng/heinekencup/2014_finals.php
Only if you have previously bought them in advance of the final, or have signed up to the ERC newsletter. Link to sign up to the newsletter is on the page linked to above, has to be done prior to 6th September.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

TheBear wrote:

Only if you have previously bought them in advance of the final, or have signed up to the ERC newsletter. Link to sign up to the newsletter is on the page linked to above, has to be done prior to 6th September.
Think its fairly safe to say most people reading this forum have bought tickets to a final in the last five years.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

sheepshagger wrote:
TheBear wrote:

Think its fairly safe to say most people reading this forum have bought tickets to a final in the last five years.
I know, I know, but I was clarifying just in case someone hadn't *and* didn't click on the link you posted.

On balance, posting the explanation may have been unnecessary.
PBB
Bookworm

Post by PBB »

So, 10:15am and as an ERC magazine subscriber and having bought tickets for 4 out of the last 5 finals, was expecting to have received my invite to purchase during the early-bird window by now...

Anyone out there had the invite to buy yet?

P
What we have here is a failure to communicate....
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

PBB wrote:So, 10:15am and as an ERC magazine subscriber and having bought tickets for 4 out of the last 5 finals, was expecting to have received my invite to purchase during the early-bird window by now...

Anyone out there had the invite to buy yet?

P
nothing yet