HC final 2014.....will be in France

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

HC final 2014.....will be in France

Post by sheepshagger »

Tweeted by the ERC earlier today, to be formally announced at the competition launch later...
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Re: HC final 2014.....will be in France

Post by nelly the elephant »

sheepshagger wrote:Tweeted by the ERC earlier today, to be formally announced at the competition launch later...

Formidable...........will be looking to book my usual room at the Mercure, Montmartre..... :)
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

nelly the elephant wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Tweeted by the ERC earlier today, to be formally announced at the competition launch later...

Formidable...........will be looking to book my usual room at the Mercure, Montmartre..... :)
May have to look for a Mercure in another city - there was something in the way it was announced that made me think it might not be in Paris.

Love your choice of hotel though - it's my first choice for Paris accommodation.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

South of France would be awesome. It is the French rugby heartland after all.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Vamos los azules wrote:South of France would be awesome. It is the French rugby heartland after all.
Not sure if I was thinking as far south as you were but my immediate thought was the Stade Velodrome in Marseilles.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Xanthippe wrote:
Vamos los azules wrote:South of France would be awesome. It is the French rugby heartland after all.
Not sure if I was thinking as far south as you were but my immediate thought was the Stade Velodrome in Marseilles.
That Stadium is being refurbished for the 2016 Euro Football Tournament bring it up to 67K capacity. Work is due to finish Summer 2014 but if it could be finished earlier it would be an ideal candidate for the HEC final, (and gives the French an ideal opportunity to showcase it before the Euro's).
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Xanthippe wrote:
nelly the elephant wrote:

May have to look for a Mercure in another city - there was something in the way it was announced that made me think it might not be in Paris.

Love your choice of hotel though - it's my first choice for Paris accommodation.
Stayed there for the final in 2010...it was recommended by a buddy who was planning on going but had to cancel due to work commitments. Great location...was a perfect base for the weekend.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Hornet wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:
That Stadium is being refurbished for the 2016 Euro Football Tournament bring it up to 67K capacity. Work is due to finish Summer 2014 but if it could be finished earlier it would be an ideal candidate for the HEC final, (and gives the French an ideal opportunity to showcase it before the Euro's).
That and FFR's continuing reluctance to use the Stade de France because of the massive fees charged. The ERC might look for a bigger profit on another French stadium.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Hmmm....nice political decision from the ERC. Either this means the last Heineken Cup Final will be in France, ironically, or this is a little sweetner to get the French on their side?

This was expected to go to Rome or Italy, yeah? Goalposts have moved and so has the Final venue.
dmnsctt
Beginner

Post by dmnsctt »

Yeah, sounds like a sweetener for the French indeed. I too thought it would be in Rome or I had a hunch that it might be in Barcelona....
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

suisse wrote:Hmmm....nice political decision from the ERC. Either this means the last Heineken Cup Final will be in France, ironically, or this is a little sweetner to get the French on their side?

This was expected to go to Rome or Italy, yeah? Goalposts have moved and so has the Final venue.
By that logic, we can expect the 2014 Heineken Cup Final in Twickenham. It'd be somewhat harder to pull out of the tournament.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

ronk wrote:
suisse wrote:Hmmm....nice political decision from the ERC. Either this means the last Heineken Cup Final will be in France, ironically, or this is a little sweetner to get the French on their side?

By that logic, we can expect the 2014 Heineken Cup Final in Twickenham. It'd be somewhat harder to pull out of the tournament.
This is the 2014 final. There's no remit to arrange a 2015 final as there is no agreement for a tournament in 2015
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Folks, any soundings on when tickets are available for sale?
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

ERC says: Following phenomenal interest in the recent ERC finals, ticket information regarding the 2014 Heineken Cup and Amlin Challenge Cup finals will be available in early June.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Pool draw takes place here on Tuesday, assume it will be confirmed then.

My pick is in Toulouse or nearby.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

sheepshagger wrote:Pool draw takes place here on Tuesday, assume it will be confirmed then.

Reckon there's a very good chance we'll all be off to Marseilles next May but just to be on the safe side I've added a hotel booking for Toulouse for May 14-16 2014 to my previous bookings for Marseilles and Paris - now watch them picking somewhere completely different
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

They'll need a town with two stadia, if they're to maintain the recent trend of having both finals in the same city. It seems to have worked quite well so far, so there's no real reason to change that, unless they can't find two stadia.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Toulouse have two that Leinster have played in anyway...
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

sheepshagger wrote:Pool draw takes place here on Tuesday, assume it will be confirmed then.

Tuesday? Heino are advertising Wednesday at 2:30
"Look what Leinster have done again"
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Am a day ahead of myself - Wednesday it is :)