Exeter away

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Exeter away

Post by Donny B. »

Bristol flight departed 22.26. Now just land!!!
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

right , we are having some light snow falls 9 miles from airport (other side of chew valley) . Airport usually gets more snow. Everything is freezing at the moment, Something to be aware , snow due on sunday morning in the south which may spread to west wiltshire and north somerset
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Donny B. wrote:Bristol flight departed 22.26. Now just land!!!
Good news at last
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Bristol Airport ‏@OfficialBRS
There is some disruption tonight as a result of this morning's weather, but Saturday should back to normal operations

Please science, let this be true!
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Donny B. wrote:Bristol Airport ‏@OfficialBRS
There is some disruption tonight as a result of this morning's weather, but Saturday should back to normal operations

The same people that brought you such quotes as " we have invested heavily in snow clearing machinery" & " we have some snow but are coping"
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Leinster Exile wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Bristol Airport ‏@OfficialBRS

The same people that brought you such quotes as " we have invested heavily in snow clearing machinery" & " we have some snow but are coping"
Yeah I know, but I so, so want to believe....... :?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Landed just now. At least Footrush will be there with his flag anyway!
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Donny B. wrote:
Landed just now. At least Footrush will be there with his flag anyway!
See you soon, Bristol covered in slush, no fresh snow at the moment, we were lucky to get in flights to belfast etc cancelled, on the way to Temple Meads and trains. If they are disrupted I will probably walk it, if I can find some tennis rackets. Best of luck in the morning everyone on their way here, mucky but no more snow as I write this.
Flying wedge
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Cheers Footrush. Looking okay at the moment anyway

I have a spare East Terrace ticket now if you hear of anyone looking

Or if anyone else fancies it, PM me.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Oh God.

Fockin' 5:35am.

WTF do I do this for?
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Waiting to board Ryanair Bristol flight...
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

deco wrote:Oh God.

Fockin' 5:35am.

WTF do I do this for?
Many of you travelling Deco...? Safe journey.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Ryanair flight this morning pretty much all Leinster supporters.

Cold but dry here, no snow about....a fair few supporters taking in the sights around the city centre.
Wild Tooth
Beginner

Post by Wild Tooth »

Glad you made it, enjoy your day, hope to catch some of you later !

WT.
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

Well done to all you Leinster supporters who made it to Exeter, could hear you all through the game. Here's hoping Racing can do a job for us tomorrow...
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Wild Tooth wrote:Glad you made it, enjoy your day, hope to catch some of you later !

WT.

Great fans , great little stadium and a very very good team. Thanks to Chiefs fans who are a great bunch
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Well after all the worry it was actually one of the smoothest Leinster trips we ever had. Slight delay coming home from Bristol, about 20 minutes, but as we'd already heard the Munster game wasn't going our way we didn't care too much about rushing back to see it.

Fair play to the fans who took planes, train and automobiles to get to Exeter though, some of them travelling 18/19 hours to get there. The team had seen them all rushing around frantically rebooking flights and really appreciated the effort so much so that Joe called into the Walkabout on Friday night to thank them all for their efforts.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Great trip when we got there via Manchester unexpectedly

Quick question. did anyone see the Wexford lada and their Driver who showed up in Gatwick. Last seen in Jurys Inn bar about 3am.

Have u seen them
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Dont remember Wexford lads in Jurys!!!!!
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Donny B. wrote:Well after all the worry it was actually one of the smoothest Leinster trips we ever had. Slight delay coming home from Bristol, about 20 minutes, but as we'd already heard the Munster game wasn't going our way we didn't care too much about rushing back to see it.

Fair play to the fans who took planes, train and automobiles to get to Exeter though, some of them travelling 18/19 hours to get there. The team had seen them all rushing around frantically rebooking flights and really appreciated the effort so much so that Joe called into the Walkabout on Friday night to thank them all for their efforts.
1pm Friday during a Works seminar, Text from other half advising me Heathrow flights were being cancelled. Got onto BA website to find my flight cancelled. Phone BA and after 25 minute wait got through. Put onto an earlier flight, which I am assured was going. Leave work early. Arrive Dublin Airport to find BA check-in overrun. Girl handing out food vouchers advises all flights cancelled. Take voucher, have McDonalds and plan alternative route. Friday 7pm Dublin Ferry Port. Rail Sail to Exeter. Ferry leaves on time. Arrives in Holyhead in a blizzard! Takes an hour to get from the Ferry to the Terminal Building due to jackknifed lorry in the Port, plus the closure of the A55 main road out of the port to all HGV's (HGV's backing up from the two ferries that have just arrived). Advised that no trains running due to snow. (There was a foot of the stuff in Holyhead). Arriva Train Wales service to Cardiff leaves bang on time at 4:25am. Arrive Newport 9am. Change into 9:15am First Great Western train to Taunton, which also arrives bang on time. Arrive Taunton 10:50. Change into 11:15am Cross Country Train to Exeter, which again arrives bang on time. Arrive Exeter 11:45am after nearly 21 hours of Travelling. Came back this evening, leaving Exeter on the bus to the Airport at 4:45pm and walking through the front door in Kilnamanagh at 9:30pm. Simples!
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".