Exeter away

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Exeter away

Post by footrush »

Wild Tooth wrote:You'll be Ok footrush, lots of Injuns waiting here to meet you !

WT.
Will get the boat an train via Hollyhead and Crewe if I have to, wouldn't miss seeing you all for the world.
Flying wedge
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Specials for those stranded at the airport... http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/olsc/10894.php
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

hope to fcuk tomorrow am flight to Bristol ok.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Team have landed (in Exeter) according to OLSC tweet.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Donny B. wrote:Departures:

DUBLIN Ryanair FR509 2100 Bag drop opens 1900

That would be the 22.30 coming back and it's the only one not cancelled so hopefully they'll get through the backlog and it will go.
DUBLIN Ryanair FR509 2100 Delayed until 2355

Bad news lads. They're saying the airport is open but none of the planes actually seem to be departing.

There does seem to be a few planes landing at last.
borders
Learner

Post by borders »

I am in London and the snow has eased off this afternoon. The West Country should be clear of snow tomorrow but wih some rain late afternoon and indeed the temp may be a little on the + side. It is bitterly cold here with a wind that would take your nose off. I have been watching this approaching weather front, for other reasons, for the past week and kept on eye on Exeter as well. It looks like there will be some rain and about 4 degrees plus by 6pm. Of course, I had forgotten about the way it would impact air travel though I had to cancel today's travel plans through Kent. Travelling by train from london tomorrow should be ok (if delayed), but I would suspect that road from Birmingham could be a problem. By the way, the option of Bournemouth as an alternative is not great as travel on to Exeter may not be that easy: I am going to do some checking on this.
borders
Learner

Post by borders »

Some trains from Bournemouth have three changes and take over 4 hours. Only two if you go from airport to main station in Bournemouth and get the Manchester bound train to Reading and change there for Exeter (the Paddington to Exeter train).
Hope you all get there safely: I would have been going if I did not have to deal with another arrangement which has now been cancelled!
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Donny B. wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Departures:

DUBLIN Ryanair FR509 2100 Bag drop opens 1900

That would be the 22.30 coming back and it's the only one not cancelled so hopefully they'll get through the backlog and it will go.
DUBLIN Ryanair FR509 2100 Delayed until 2355

Bad news lads. They're saying the airport is open but none of the planes actually seem to be departing.

There does seem to be a few planes landing at last.
According to the ryanair website (updated at 18:55) the evening flight is on time.

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/flight-info/DUB/BRS#hresults

Seems like good news :)
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
dave13
Bookworm

Post by dave13 »

Donny where did you see that departure time for the bristol flight? website won't load for me
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Genuine post

Anyone not make it to Uk today because of bad weather.

I am in Exeter now finally but as an insurance policy I have three seats on tomorrow mornings Ryanair flight to Bristol at 8.00. Am willing to give these away for free all it will cost you is the name change fee

Contact me on bails@eircom.net
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

dave13 wrote:Donny where did you see that departure time for the bristol flight? website won't load for me
Saw it earlier on the Bristol departures site but they've since taken it down.

Actually, no, it's still there. http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/flights ... tures.aspx
Last edited by Donny B. on January 18th, 2013, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it seems to be snowing again at Bristol Airport

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airport/w ... rtCode=BRS

And nothing seems to have actually landed since 18.15

http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/flights ... ivals.aspx
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Donny B. wrote:
dave13 wrote:Donny where did you see that departure time for the bristol flight? website won't load for me
Am at the gate for the 20.30 to bristol seems fine touch wood thanks for the updates Donny.
Flying wedge
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

footrush wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Am at the gate for the 20.30 to bristol seems fine touch wood thanks for the updates Donny.
Ehmm... you might want to check my post again....however that Bristol Airport website is full of shite. Hopefully you'll be grand.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Anyone passing/passed through Bristol that can give a laymans weather report. My own assessment checking various weather websites, Bristol Airport site etc etc is that tomorrow am could be ok? Hoping no delays on the early Ryanair flight.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

desperado wrote:Anyone passing/passed through Bristol that can give a laymans weather report. My own assessment checking various weather websites, Bristol Airport site etc etc is that tomorrow am could be ok? Hoping no delays on the early Ryanair flight.
Very hard to trust any of those weather sites. According to the BBC it's not snowing there at the moment, but it is!
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Plane outside now.
Flying wedge
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

I'm told motorways running ok from Devon to the midlands - have a friend who has just driven back up the m5 and reported it ok. Anyone driving down assuming we have no more snow it would seem to be ok...

We will set off early tomorrow - good luck and take good care to everyone making the trip - see you in sandy park
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

footrush wrote:Plane outside now.
Fantastic!!!

Actually the plane in Bristol is not your plane. That's not due to arrive until 00.50. With all the cancellations they obviously had a few spares going.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

A flight from Amsterdam just landed at Bristol. First one in ages. Hopefully this bodes well for you guys!