Exeter away

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

nopeare
Graduate

Re: Exeter away

Post by nopeare »

bails wrote:Great trip when we got there via Manchester unexpectedly

Quick question. did anyone see the Wexford lada and their Driver who showed up in Gatwick. Last seen in Jurys Inn bar about 3am.

Have u seen them
Yes we are still alive bails, made it to Welford road and all for the match on Sunday
Blue not red blood wrote:Dont remember Wexford lads in Jurys!!!!!
Yea Wexford/Greystones lads my family are all Wexford but we moved when I was about 2 so not the biggest Wexford accents left
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Hornet wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Well after all the worry it was actually one of the smoothest Leinster trips we ever had. Slight delay coming home from Bristol, about 20 minutes, but as we'd already heard the Munster game wasn't going our way we didn't care too much about rushing back to see it.

Fair play to the fans who took planes, train and automobiles to get to Exeter though, some of them travelling 18/19 hours to get there. The team had seen them all rushing around frantically rebooking flights and really appreciated the effort so much so that Joe called into the Walkabout on Friday night to thank them all for their efforts.
1pm Friday during a Works seminar, Text from other half advising me Heathrow flights were being cancelled. Got onto BA website to find my flight cancelled. Phone BA and after 25 minute wait got through. Put onto an earlier flight, which I am assured was going. Leave work early. Arrive Dublin Airport to find BA check-in overrun. Girl handing out food vouchers advises all flights cancelled. Take voucher, have McDonalds and plan alternative route. Friday 7pm Dublin Ferry Port. Rail Sail to Exeter. Ferry leaves on time. Arrives in Holyhead in a blizzard! Takes an hour to get from the Ferry to the Terminal Building due to jackknifed lorry in the Port, plus the closure of the A55 main road out of the port to all HGV's (HGV's backing up from the two ferries that have just arrived). Advised that no trains running due to snow. (There was a foot of the stuff in Holyhead). Arriva Train Wales service to Cardiff leaves bang on time at 4:25am. Arrive Newport 9am. Change into 9:15am First Great Western train to Taunton, which also arrives bang on time. Arrive Taunton 10:50. Change into 11:15am Cross Country Train to Exeter, which again arrives bang on time. Arrive Exeter 11:45am after nearly 21 hours of Travelling. Came back this evening, leaving Exeter on the bus to the Airport at 4:45pm and walking through the front door in Kilnamanagh at 9:30pm. Simples!
Bravo! My trip was straightforward enough.

Get in car and drive for six hours to Exeter. Arrive at 1pm and watch Footrush taking pictures of cathedral; then have a pasty. Go to ground and get a free voucher for another pasty (well done Chiefs) and have a coffee. Watch game. Go on beer. Next day get in car and drive for six hours back to the north-east; make spagbol for tea.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

domhnallj wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Well after all the worry it was actually one of the smoothest Leinster trips we ever had. Slight delay coming home from Bristol, about 20 minutes, but as we'd already heard the Munster game wasn't going our way we didn't care too much about rushing back to see it.

Fair play to the fans who took planes, train and automobiles to get to Exeter though, some of them travelling 18/19 hours to get there. The team had seen them all rushing around frantically rebooking flights and really appreciated the effort so much so that Joe called into the Walkabout on Friday night to thank them all for their efforts.
1pm Friday during a Works seminar, Text from other half advising me Heathrow flights were being cancelled. Got onto BA website to find my flight cancelled. Phone BA and after 25 minute wait got through. Put onto an earlier flight, which I am assured was going. Leave work early. Arrive Dublin Airport to find BA check-in overrun. Girl handing out food vouchers advises all flights cancelled. Take voucher, have McDonalds and plan alternative route. Friday 7pm Dublin Ferry Port. Rail Sail to Exeter. Ferry leaves on time. Arrives in Holyhead in a blizzard! Takes an hour to get from the Ferry to the Terminal Building due to jackknifed lorry in the Port, plus the closure of the A55 main road out of the port to all HGV's (HGV's backing up from the two ferries that have just arrived). Advised that no trains running due to snow. (There was a foot of the stuff in Holyhead). Arriva Train Wales service to Cardiff leaves bang on time at 4:25am. Arrive Newport 9am. Change into 9:15am First Great Western train to Taunton, which also arrives bang on time. Arrive Taunton 10:50. Change into 11:15am Cross Country Train to Exeter, which again arrives bang on time. Arrive Exeter 11:45am after nearly 21 hours of Travelling. Came back this evening, leaving Exeter on the bus to the Airport at 4:45pm and walking through the front door in Kilnamanagh at 9:30pm. Simples!
Bravo! My trip was straightforward enough.

Get in car and drive for six hours to Exeter. Arrive at 1pm and watch Footrush taking pictures of cathedral; then have a pasty. Go to ground and get a free voucher for another pasty (well done Chiefs) and have a coffee. Watch game. Go on beer. Next day get in car and drive for six hours back to the north-east; make spagbol for tea.
Fantastic Cathedral, also got some superb snow scenes around Bristol at 3am earlier that morning waiting for the 5.30 to Exeter.
Flying wedge
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Hornet wrote: 1pm Friday during a Works seminar, Text from other half advising me Heathrow flights were being cancelled. Got onto BA website to find my flight cancelled. Phone BA and after 25 minute wait got through. Put onto an earlier flight, which I am assured was going. Leave work early. Arrive Dublin Airport to find BA check-in overrun. Girl handing out food vouchers advises all flights cancelled. Take voucher, have McDonalds and plan alternative route. Friday 7pm Dublin Ferry Port. Rail Sail to Exeter. Ferry leaves on time. Arrives in Holyhead in a blizzard! Takes an hour to get from the Ferry to the Terminal Building due to jackknifed lorry in the Port, plus the closure of the A55 main road out of the port to all HGV's (HGV's backing up from the two ferries that have just arrived). Advised that no trains running due to snow. (There was a foot of the stuff in Holyhead). Arriva Train Wales service to Cardiff leaves bang on time at 4:25am. Arrive Newport 9am. Change into 9:15am First Great Western train to Taunton, which also arrives bang on time. Arrive Taunton 10:50. Change into 11:15am Cross Country Train to Exeter, which again arrives bang on time. Arrive Exeter 11:45am after nearly 21 hours of Travelling. Came back this evening, leaving Exeter on the bus to the Airport at 4:45pm and walking through the front door in Kilnamanagh at 9:30pm. Simples!
Fair f**ks to you Hornet!
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Glad to hear you are still alive Nopeare

I was convincing myself that I saw you the brother Tom and the Driver in Jury's Inn bar at c 3am Friday but never saw you again

I will rename you the Greystones lads !
nopeare
Graduate

Post by nopeare »

bails wrote:Glad to hear you are still alive Nopeare

I was convincing myself that I saw you the brother Tom and the Driver in Jury's Inn bar at c 3am Friday but never saw you again

I will rename you the Greystones/Wexford lads !
Yea we were there till around 5 I think, then we were at the bar at the stadium most of the night after the match and headed off early for Leicester on the Sunday

Then had another day travelling yesterday like we had on Friday.

Still like the Wexford roots in the summer for the GAA
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Was wonderin where you all were, the East terrace felt a bit like custards last stand, for a while, he was also wearing blue and surrounded by hundreds of indians. :D
Flying wedge
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

footrush wrote:
Was wonderin where you all were, the East terrace felt a bit like custards last stand, for a while, he was also wearing blue and surrounded by hundreds of indians. :D
..would that be General Custard?? ...
Dont Panic!
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Dexter wrote:
footrush wrote:
..would that be General Custard?? ...
:wink:
Flying wedge