Just back from Glasgow.

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

skynavyblackwhite
Beginner
Location: On an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet.

Just back from Glasgow.

Post by skynavyblackwhite »

So I've just got back from my first Leinster match on foreign soil; Glasgow Warriors in Scotstoun in the Rabo.

We won 0-6. Well done to the lads in grinding out a difficult win. Hope QR's shoulder gets well soon.

I have to commend Joe Walsh Tours on the great value package they put together: flights over and back on the team plane (plenty of autograph opportunities if that floats your boat), B&B in a reasonable but not fancy hotel near the city centre, match ticket and airport-hotel-match-airport transfers, all for €200.

There was a lovely bunch of travelling companions too; about 20 of us and we were all seated towards the right hand side of the main stand out of the rain. We made as much noise as we could, and I'm fairly sure we were drowning out the locals surrounding us most of the time! (Players looked over to us and applauded us afterwards, and I'm informed we were shown on the telly at least twice)

I didn't get the names of the others, though. Were you one of them? If so, let me know.
Far out in the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive...