ASM fan need some help!

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

AS Seb
Beginner

ASM fan need some help!

Post by AS Seb »

Hi Leinsterfans!

I'm coming here because at last minute, i have decided to come to your beautiful country on saturday to see a great rugby game, but i have some questions and i need your help!

So, me and my 2 friends are landing in Belfast at 11:15 saturday morning, and we'll reach Dublin with a rental car. We would have prefer landing directly at Dublin, but landing in Belfast is way less expensive for us (FYI, the total cost of this weekend, is about 220€/person all included) ! So, what i'd like to know is which is the easiest way according to you to reach the Aviva stadium on time, knowing we are coming from Belfast airport? Should we go directly to the stadium, try to park around there, and go to our hotel after the game, or should we first go to our hotel to park in there private parking and then come to the stadium by bus? Our hotel is located on lower gardiner street btw. Viamichelin.com estimates that the Belfast-Dublin travel will last 2H30 approximately, does that feel right for you?

Another thing, where exactly is the Clyde Court Hotel where i have to go to have my tickets? I saw it was on Lansdowne road, but i can't find where exactly.

And something else to finish, do you have any advice to give to me, concerning that we are coming by car (traffic jams to avoid for example)?

I'd like to thank you in advance for your answers, and i'm looking forward to share a good Guiness after the game with some of you guys!

P.S. : I hope my english is understable, please forgive me if it isn't!
bails
Graduate

Re: ASM fan need some help!

Post by bails »

Great that you are coming to the Aviva

Belfast to Dublin is all Motorway and about 2 hours 20 mins
So you have time. Your hotel is in the city centre, so best advice is head there and park the car. Take the Dart (train) to Aviva )Lansdowne Road Station) about 7 mins from your nearest station (Connolly Station). You don't want a car after the match if you are having Guinness

If you are tight for time skip the Hotel, take the Port Toll Tunnel (9 Km) under the city. It brings you near the Aviva and you can park safely. Leave car there afterwards and you can get it on Sunday
Don't know Clyde Court Hotel but if its on Lansdowne Rosd it's right beside. The Aviva

Enjoy drive safely and Allez Les Bleus
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Do you know Viamichelin?
:green clap:

Tu as en effet un peu plus de deux heures de route.

Sorry for my french.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

AS Seb wrote:Hi Leinsterfans!

I'm coming here because at last minute, i have decided to come to your beautiful country on saturday to see a great rugby game, but i have some questions and i need your help!

So, me and my 2 friends are landing in Belfast at 11:15 saturday morning, and we'll reach Dublin with a rental car. We would have prefer landing directly at Dublin, but landing in Belfast is way less expensive for us (FYI, the total cost of this weekend, is about 220€/person all included) ! So, what i'd like to know is which is the easiest way according to you to reach the Aviva stadium on time, knowing we are coming from Belfast airport? Should we go directly to the stadium, try to park around there, and go to our hotel after the game, or should we first go to our hotel to park in there private parking and then come to the stadium by bus? Our hotel is located on lower gardiner street btw. Viamichelin.com estimates that the Belfast-Dublin travel will last 2H30 approximately, does that feel right for you?

Another thing, where exactly is the Clyde Court Hotel where i have to go to have my tickets? I saw it was on Lansdowne road, but i can't find where exactly.

And something else to finish, do you have any advice to give to me, concerning that we are coming by car (traffic jams to avoid for example)?

I'd like to thank you in advance for your answers, and i'm looking forward to share a good Guiness after the game with some of you guys!

P.S. : I hope my english is understable, please forgive me if it isn't!
Hi Seb. Had fun in your town and in Paris last weekend.

Paris has beautiful architecture, but the people can be a little bit rude and impatient. Clermont's architecture is not as spectacular but the people are a lot more friendly

You can get a dart (local train) to Lansdowne road from Connolly station (very near Gardiner st) It is only about 2.5 KM.

2 hrs 30 is about right from Belfast to Dublin city, and traffic should be OK. Parking in the centre of town can be expensive, ask at your hotel.

Clyde court
http://maps.google.ie/maps?oe=utf-8&rls ... LcBEPwSMAA
flanders09
Beginner

Post by flanders09 »

Hi AS Seb,
I think if your plane arrives in time I would drive to your Dublin hotel on Lower Gardiner Street and park your car. From there you are 5 minutes walk to Connolly Train station - this is the main train running Nord-Sud in Dublin. Get a Southbound train to Lansdowne Road station - this is where the Aviva Stadium is; the journey is about 10/15 minutes.

The Clyde Court hotel is 3 mins from Lansdowne Road/Aviva - take a look at Google Maps.

If your plane is late then... bonne chance! You might have to drive direct to stadium and try and find parking 'pres de la stade'. Hope you have enough time on the day!

Good Luck
AS Seb
Beginner

Post by AS Seb »

Thank you all for your answers!

I think that if everything goes well, i'll park my car at our hotel and then come with the dart train.

I'll let you know how it went when i'll be back home on monday.

And to johng, Paris is maybe one of the most beautiful towns in the world but its inhabitants are maybe the worst of the hole world! Thank god in Clermont we don't have Eiffel tower but we have nice people! For the architecture, the Parc des Sports Marcel Michelin is way enough for us ;-)!

Thanx again and have a good game!

Allez les JAUNES et Bleus ! ;-)
AS Seb
Beginner

Post by AS Seb »

Hello there!

So all went good for us, we parked just next to the hotel, took the dart and we just missed the kick off because we didn't found the right entry at the Aviva... but we saw the first three points so no big deal!

So thank you again for all your advices! But i'd like to really thank all the leinsterfans, it was my best rugby weekend ever, because of the victory of course, but mostly because of the fair play, the humourand the kindness of all the Leinsterfans we talked and shared a beer with. You guys are really great supporters!

It was my first but i really hope it won't be my last weekend in Dublin!

See you soon !
AS Seb
Beginner

Post by AS Seb »

Hey guys!
I'm coming here again because i'll have the chance to come back in Dublin for the Heineken Cup Final, and even if i feel now more comfortable than in December, i still have a question to ask!
So, my problem is that i have my return plane taking off at Dublin airport at 7:40 am, so i need to be at the airport at 6 am approximately to be cool. So my question is : concerning that my hotel is in Dublin center (near Connolly station) is there some buses that could drive me to the airport at 6 am? i've already consulted some buses companies but their time schedules aren't really clear for me and i'm afraid to misunderstand it.
For example is this company ok according to you : http://www.aircoach.ie/table.routes.dub ... centre.php ?
Finally, if you think this is not the best way to get to the airport on time, please let me know what is the best way for you (taxi, train,...)

Thank you in advance and see you on the 18th ;-)!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

A taxi from there to the airport should be not much more than the bus, especially if you can find someone to go with.

Aircoach are fine, fairly reliable.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

ronk wrote:A taxi from there to the airport should be not much more than the bus, especially if you can find someone to go with.

Aircoach are fine, fairly reliable.
+1 Aircoach are a solid company, but expensive. If three or four of you are going a taxi may be better value.
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Clyde Court is the new name for the Berkley Court, most Dubliners would know it by that name. Its very easy to find on the SW corner of Lansdown Rd. and Shelbourne Rd

https://maps.google.com/?ll=53.333026,- ... 8&t=m&z=17

Also Taxi's are very easy to get in Dublin and relatively Cheap if you have 4 people City Center to avia €10-€15
AS Seb
Beginner

Post by AS Seb »

Ok thank you very much, i think i'll choose between the bus and the taxi when i'll be there, but apparently, no problem to get there on time thank you!
Anyway the most important thing is to find the way to Temple bar, we'll see for the airport after... ;-)
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

AS Seb wrote:is there some buses that could drive me to the airport at 6 am?
You can:
+ Get a Dublin Bus express bus (€6 one-way). Cheapest individual option, leaves from O'Connell Street .. a 5 minute walk from your hotel.
+ Get an Aircoach express bus (€7 one-way, I think). Also leaves from O'Connell Street.
+ Hail a taxi (cheapest taxi option, but there might not be too many around at 5.30am), book a taxi yourself (additional €2), or have the hotel book one for you (a common request, and no extra charge, other than the €2 booking fee). The taxi should cost something around €22-€26 at that hour of the morning (considered peak time, but no traffic delays), with an additional €1 per person, and an additional €2 if you pre-book it. If the hotel don't arrange one for you, you can try here or here

So, if there are only 2 of you, walk across and get your choice of bus (both take the same amount of time .. under 30 mins to get to the airport). If there are more than 2 or 3 of you (or you are too hungover to walk across to O'Connell Street, book a taxi!).

There are no (cheap) local buses at that hour of the morning! Bonne chance!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
AS Seb
Beginner

Post by AS Seb »

Thank you for all those helpfull advices meinster, i'll remind it ;-)!
I think the hangover won't be a great problem this time, considering that when i came in december, we had to go to Belfast airport with a rental car leaving from Dublin at 10 am on Sunday morning.... Knowing we had been drinking for approximately 80€/person of Jameson and Guinness, this time, the hangover had been a HUUUUGE problem! 2 and a half most painful hours of my life.... lol!
On the 19th, if we're too hangovered (or still drunk...) we won't hesitate to take a taxi ;-)!

Completly out of subject, i've seen a picture of your tee shirt "today ASM, Leinster every other day" and let me say that you're all guys awesome!!! I hope that you'll be a lot with this tee shirt in the Aviva the 18th, and i also hope i could buy one!
Oh and by the way, finally one of my friend won't be able to come with us so i have an extra ticket at 40€ block 514 if one of you guys want to see the game next to real ASM fans ;-)!
Well thanx again for your help and see you there!