Dragons Away 1st March

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Dragons Away 1st March

Post by Donny B. »

This games not being televised by the Welsh tv companies so decided to make the trip over.

Out with Ryanair on Friday morning to Bristol

Back with Aer Lingus Saturday afternoon with Aer Lingus (didn't want to wait around all day for the evening flight from Bristol)

Newport doesn't have the best name, but had a great laugh the two times I was there before and would take it ahead of Cardiff any day of the week.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Dragons Away 1st March

Post by Degz »

Newport is fab. One has to love the Dodger.

I'm there, probably in the car as I'm off to gay Paris the next day for Stade Francais v Clermont.

Usually the Hazell Terrace for tickets.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

We stole their song, we stole their song.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Degz wrote:Newport is fab. One has to love the Dodger.

I'm there, probably in the car as I'm off to gay Paris the next day for Stade Francais v Clermont.

Usually the Hazell Terrace for tickets.
Yeah, but will probably hold off and get them on the day. The match is never a sell-out and sometimes they do deals on the day too.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/10933.php

Travel overnight with the team for €124 + tax? Sounds pretty good, until you read the tax is €75!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Donny B. wrote:http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/10933.php

Travel overnight with the team for €124 + tax? Sounds pretty good, until you read the tax is €75!
That's the part that puts me off every time - not sure how they can possibly justify €75 in taxes (sh!t, even Aer Lingus don't charge that much, do they?)

Edit: Actually just checked and Aer Lingus do charge that much - their charges for the same flights (out 28th at 19:15 and back 1st at 11:30 or 20:20) are €34 plus €73 in taxes!!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Xanthippe wrote:

That's the part that puts me off every time - not sure how they can possibly justify €75 in taxes (sh!t, even Aer Lingus don't charge that much, do they?)

Edit: Actually just checked and Aer Lingus do charge that much - their charges for the same flights (out 28th at 19:15 and back 1st at 11:30 or 20:20) are €34 plus €73 in taxes!!!
Taxes and CHARGES, though the Uk departure tax is holding that island to ransom
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Price aside, the fact the plane has to leave on a Thursday makes this a non runner for me - not taking 2 days off work for the away Pro12 games I go to.
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

I'm going over for this - flying into Bristol and bus/train to Newport. Then flying home with the team after the match - it's cheaper than a return flight the next day and a hotel stay.
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Heading over with the sis. No idea where we're sitting.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

Just booked the JWT one night trip on the team flight. €200 incl City Jet flights to Cardiff, Maldron Hotel B&B in Cardiff, all transfers and match tickets not bad I suppose.

2 of us travelling. First time in Newport
elfan
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

elfan wrote:Just booked the JWT one night trip on the team flight. €200 incl City Jet flights to Cardiff, Maldron Hotel B&B in Cardiff, all transfers and match tickets not bad I suppose.

I hope you don't have high expectations of either Cardiff on a Thursday night or Newport on a Friday :lol:

Flying over Friday morning , coming back one way on team flight. Means only taking a day off work.
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

sheepshagger wrote:
elfan wrote:Just booked the JWT one night trip on the team flight. €200 incl City Jet flights to Cardiff, Maldron Hotel B&B in Cardiff, all transfers and match tickets not bad I suppose.

I hope you don't have high expectations of either Cardiff on a Thursday night or Newport on a Friday :lol:

Flying over Friday morning , coming back one way on team flight. Means only taking a day off work.
Not expecting much . Cardiff is alright . A pub is a pub. A McDonalds is a McDonalds. Will only be in Newport for the match anyway. Another away ground ticked. Getting to see a match thats not televised. C'mon help me here :)
Anyway only need one day off also although I do have to quit @ 3pm tomorrow to get to the airport..that'll break my heart :wink:
elfan