Amlin QF - Friday 5 April at 8pm in High Wycombe

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Amlin QF - Friday 5 April at 8pm in High Wycombe

Post by Hornet »

footrush wrote:Which is the better option for tickets for the Saracens game, the Ulster site or the Saracens one both have a general sale on monday, where in the ground are people thinking of going might be an idea if a few of us were together ?.
Sarries for sure. Twickenham is not likely to sell out and there is a chance that Sarries will have some very good deals going to bump up their support. Would not be surprised to see £10 tickets going on sale for this, as they have done before for their big games at Wembley.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Stupid brother and his stupid wedding... :evil: :evil: :evil:
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Hornet wrote:
johng wrote:Hotels in high wick? Anyone looked into this?
Check these.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g18 ... otels.html
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g31 ... otels.html

As someone who spent many years living and working in the area I would go for Marlow. A much nicer town, and ten minutes by taxi to Adams Park/Wycombe Centre. Trains from London, changing at Maidenhead or the Reading Bus from High Wycombe are travel options.

I will be staying in the Chez Hornet Senior Doss House!
Treating the other half to the Travelodge High Wycombe (got it for £20), dinner at a nearby KFC and brunch the following morning at Krispy Kreme in the shopping centre across the road from the hotel :)

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/535/ ... ombe-hotel

The thought was, by the time you get a train to anywhere decent, pubs etc would be closing given the lateish KO.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

I will be sleeping in my bed, Chez Degz, Birmingstan.

Happily it's a Friday night, so the pubs will still be open by the time I get back.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Hornet wrote:
footrush wrote:Which is the better option for tickets for the Saracens game, the Ulster site or the Saracens one both have a general sale on monday, where in the ground are people thinking of going might be an idea if a few of us were together ?.
Sarries for sure. Twickenham is not likely to sell out and there is a chance that Sarries will have some very good deals going to bump up their support. Would not be surprised to see £10 tickets going on sale for this, as they have done before for their big games at Wembley.
Thanks Hornet, do you reckon they will open the middle tier ?.
Flying wedge
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

footrush wrote:
Hornet wrote:
More than Likely. I know that they have crowds of 40K at Wembley for big Premiership Matches. Sarries do tend to do something out of the ordinary for bigger matches, (cr@p Rap Stars and X Factor acts). Their Commercial Department didn't push for Twickenham unless they had something planned to pull in the Punters. I was aiming to make the match by the other half's God-Daughter is celebrating her 30th on the Saturday, so I shall be flying back for that. Chance she might do a couple of tracks from her new album.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Hornet wrote:
footrush wrote:
Hornet wrote: Sarries for sure. Twickenham is not likely to sell out and there is a chance that Sarries will have some very good deals going to bump up their support. Would not be surprised to see £10 tickets going on sale for this, as they have done before for their big games at Wembley.
More than Likely. I know that they have crowds of 40K at Wembley for big Premiership Matches. Sarries do tend to do something out of the ordinary for bigger matches, (cr@p Rap Stars and X Factor acts). Their Commercial Department didn't push for Twickenham unless they had something planned to pull in the Punters. I was aiming to make the match by the other half's God-Daughter is celebrating her 30th on the Saturday, so I shall be flying back for that. Chance she might do a couple of tracks from her new album.
Only the cheap £20 seats in the corners left in Ulster allocation onsale on Monday and under 1k of them. Talk is they won't be opening the middle tier so whether that is a ploy to sell out the cheap ones on the bottom or whether Sarries have not sold their own allocation will be hard to know, though their own season ticket holders would not be pleased if premium tickets are sold on middle tier at knock down prices, those previous matches all were priced cheap from the start.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

[More than Likely. I know that they have crowds of 40K at Wembley for big Premiership Matches. Sarries do tend to do something out of the ordinary for bigger matches, (cr@p Rap Stars and X Factor acts). Their Commercial Department didn't push for Twickenham unless they had something planned to pull in the Punters. I was aiming to make the match by the other half's God-Daughter is celebrating her 30th on the Saturday, so I shall be flying back for that. Chance she might do a couple of tracks from her new album.[/quote]
Only the cheap £20 seats in the corners left in Ulster allocation onsale on Monday and under 1k of them. Talk is they won't be opening the middle tier so whether that is a ploy to sell out the cheap ones on the bottom or whether Sarries have not sold their own allocation will be hard to know, though their own season ticket holders would not be pleased if premium tickets are sold on middle tier at knock down prices, those previous matches all were priced cheap from the start.[/quote]
Cheers Rooster will try an get them through Ulster first have an account with them as far as I remember they post them out.
Flying wedge
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Just got my ticket online from the Ulster site this morning, in the cheap seats £20, they are posting them. :happy clapper:
Flying wedge
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Yay, thank goodness. The date for the daughter's 'uni farewell ball' has finally been set so tickets, flights etc now arranged.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
finchamdl
Learner

Post by finchamdl »

if anyone is struggling for accomodation I live in london and would be happy to have a couple of leinster fans stay with me for a night or two. Get in touch if interested. :)
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

I'm assuming there won't be many still around on Sunday, but the B&I CUp Quarter is in Bristol at 3pm.

I'll be driving down.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Degz wrote:I'm assuming there won't be many still around on Sunday, but the B&I CUp Quarter is in Bristol at 3pm.

I'll be driving down.
Trying to decide between that and the Stoop. May end up there.......
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Anyone heading to the Sarries v Ulster match there are a selection of various tickets on Ticketmaster
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

rooster wrote:Anyone heading to the Sarries v Ulster match there are a selection of various tickets on Ticketmaster
Yup. Where is everyone sitting?
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

johng wrote:
rooster wrote:Anyone heading to the Sarries v Ulster match there are a selection of various tickets on Ticketmaster
Yup. Where is everyone sitting?
No idea where the Ulster allocation is as they have not got the tickets yet as far as I know, several bought tickets in Block 22 but don't know if any left there
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Flights into Gatwick or Luton currently from €40pp return.....
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Degz wrote:I'm assuming there won't be many still around on Sunday, but the B&I CUp Quarter is in Bristol at 3pm.

I'll be driving down.
I fancy some of that......
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

mikey wrote:

I'll be driving down.
Me three.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

johng wrote:
mikey wrote:

I'll be driving down.
Me three.
Sounds like a plan gathering .....

That's if I'm not in the US....

Don't want to....!!