Amlin QF - Friday 5 April at 8pm in High Wycombe

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

BlueStreak
Knowledgeable

Re: Amlin QF - Friday 5 April at 8pm in High Wycombe

Post by BlueStreak »

Was looking through the OLSC away guide for this weekend and I see our supporter HQ in High Wycombe is Yates bar. Had a quick google to find out more and I came across the following in one of the google reviews "If your lucky enough to come when the hottest barmaid in the world is on shift, you get dinner and a show!". I like the place already! :lol:
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Yates is our base?

sh!t, I was assuming it would be O'Neills. Seeing as it's an M&B boozer, I'll be in there for 20% off on food and 'associated beverages'.

That'll be a portion of chips and 7 pints of Guinness so.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

mikey wrote:
johng wrote:Contractors Hotel High Wycombe. 14 pound a night. Proper man's place none of your soft southern bastid muck.
Holy f%~k - you sure that's not by the hour??
It's one of those hourly rate places where they change the sheets when they start to crack !
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

domhnallj wrote:
mikey wrote:
johng wrote:Contractors Hotel High Wycombe. 14 pound a night. Proper man's place none of your soft southern bastid muck.
Holy f%~k - you sure that's not by the hour??
I have a vision of a dormitory full of farting-snoring brickies (and Johng).
:lol: Twin room. Me an Dekko..... So plenty of farting and snoring then.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Anyone know if it is better top book train tickets in advance? Or can you just swan into the station on the day and get a similar price?

Saw a ticket online from High Wycombe to Chiswick (Near Twickenham) for £14.30. Am I dreaming, expecting to get that on the day?
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

johng wrote:Anyone know if it is better top book train tickets in advance? Or can you just swan into the station on the day and get a similar price?

Saw a ticket online from High Wycombe to Chiswick (Near Twickenham) for £14.30. Am I dreaming, expecting to get that on the day?
Always book in advance. They go up about 40% for a walk-up.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Degz wrote:
johng wrote:Anyone know if it is better top book train tickets in advance? Or can you just swan into the station on the day and get a similar price?

Always book in advance. They go up about 40% for a walk-up.
Cheers.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

I would get a 1 Day All Zone Travelcard which you can buy on the day at Wycombe Station. Allows you to use the Buses, Trains and Tube in the Greater London area, plus the return fare to Wycombe. It's also valid up to 4am the following day. Personally I would never buy a Standard Ticket for London, as it reduces your options. I like having the freedom to pick and choose what Transport options to take and when to take them. Check out the Groupsave Travelcard. The Travelcard fare is about that shown above and is a lot more flexible.

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/ticke ... ravelcards
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Hornet wrote:

I would get a 1 Day All Zone Travelcard which you can buy on the day at Wycombe Station. Allows you to use the Buses, Trains and Tube in the Greater London area, plus the return fare to Wycombe. It's also valid up to 4am the following day. Personally I would never buy a Standard Ticket for London, as it reduces your options. I like having the freedom to pick and choose what Transport options to take and when to take them. Check out the Groupsave Travelcard.

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/ticke ... ravelcards
Cheers for that Hornet. And you can buy these at the station? Cool.
If there is another group of 2 going into central London drop me a PM and we could get a groupsave. There are only 2 of us.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Sussed out the ticket options. £4.20 difference between buying a ticket from High Wycombe to Twickenham and buying a 1 day railcard Zone 1 to 6 inc the train from High Wick.

£19.40 vs £15.20
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Have an enjoyable,safe trip one and all.........here's hoping we've a better performance & result than the last visit to High Wycombe.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
BRulster
Bookworm

Post by BRulster »

Best of luck tonight, and have a safe trip.

If anyone is around Twickenhill tomorrow 6:30 pm. They have confirmed there will be tickets for the Ulster game available from the RFU box office for walk-ups.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

BRulster wrote:Best of luck tonight, and have a safe trip.

If anyone is around Twickenhill tomorrow 6:30 pm. They have confirmed there will be tickets for the Ulster game available from the RFU box office for walk-ups.
Would say you'll have a massive support from Leinster/Munster and ex-pats. Hopefully between the lot of you, you can drown out their wretched Right Said Fred song.
finchamdl
Learner

Post by finchamdl »

looking to get tickets for the ulster game just wondering where abouts everyone else is sitting?
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

OLSC required to report for duty this evening with their most vocal display of the year. Every year there is a game where it's needed. 'Quins, London Irish, Clermont, Munster, wherever! Tonight's the night. The Lads will need everything to overcome Friday Night Blues and the feeling of being the Warm-Up Band.

Give them hell and lots of Allez Les Blues. Good luck
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Phenomenal performance from the Blue Army tonight.....have been roaring at the TV in resposnse to your efforts....
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Have to say the vocal support sounded great on TV, I forgot it was on in Adams Park. Really loud and clear renditions of Molly Malone and COYBIB. Fair play. Hopefully we can get something like that going in Thomond next week! Looking forward to the trip already...