Ulster Away Trip

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Eve wrote:
Beer Baron wrote:Now, how are we getting to Ravenhill?
I expect we'll get a bus...maybe Killester will organise something (good value for the interprovicial aways before anyone starts). Anyone know the way? :wink:
If you tell CKav we're headed for Thomond Park, we might have some chance of hitting Ravers.... :wink:
Err...

guys, sorry to hear you're making your own plans - the Branch bus trips are always good fun. Anyway, hope you all get there in once piece and I'm sure we'll see you there or thereabouts...!
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

LeopoldButters wrote:Hey Guys, sorry i've been away and am trying to catch up with things. is there talk of a bus to Ulster or is it just been left to being individually organised?
there's always a bus. Always.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

>
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

ckav wrote: Err...

guys, sorry to hear you're making your own plans - the Branch bus trips are always good fun. Anyway, hope you all get there in once piece and I'm sure we'll see you there or thereabouts...!
If there is a branch bus trip that will be great ckav, but KT were meant to get back to Apple last week and he is still waiting. I think there is no harm in sourcing alternatives and comparing prices.
A proud Winsome Fluter
ktf.
Mullet

Post by ktf. »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:

If there is a branch bus trip that will be great ckav, but KT were meant to get back to Apple last week and he is still waiting. I think there is no harm in sourcing alternatives and comparing prices.

WE agreed they are called K Travel there is only one KT round these parts
Your my boy Blue!!!!!!!!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

ktf. wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:

Thought you were KTF :?:
A proud Winsome Fluter
ktf.
Mullet

Post by ktf. »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
ktf. wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote: If there is a branch bus trip that will be great ckav, but KT were meant to get back to Apple last week and he is still waiting. I think there is no harm in sourcing alternatives and comparing prices.

Thought you were KTF :?:

its often abrivated 3 letters is sooooo formal
Your my boy Blue!!!!!!!!
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Darce wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:Spoke to Aircoach and they are to come back to me with a quote. They did point out that their last scheduled service from belfast to Dublin was at 8.30pm so that is no good to us as match is at 7.30pm.
There were Aircoaches parked in Ravenhill on Stephens day last year (privately hired??) :?
If you book Aircoach private hire, they will go where ever the fock you want them to go. FACT
Aircoach are a sponsor of Leinster so they travel to the inter pros on Aircoach
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ckav wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
Eve wrote: I expect we'll get a bus...maybe Killester will organise something (good value for the interprovicial aways before anyone starts). Anyone know the way? :wink:
If you tell CKav we're headed for Thomond Park, we might have some chance of hitting Ravers.... :wink:
Err...

You better than anyone knows how much profit the branch would have made off the coach to Ravenhill. If you want to support the branch ripping off the fans, go ahead. I won't.

We're trying to be proactive here because the branch has shown a total lack of respect for the fans - they profiteer from us on coach trips and they endorse a travel company that extorts the fans.

Its time the fans took a stand against being ripped off. But if you don't have a probelm with that, i guess you'll be on the branch gravy train.....
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

Flash Gordon wrote:
ckav wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: If you tell CKav we're headed for Thomond Park, we might have some chance of hitting Ravers.... :wink:
Err...

You better than anyone knows how much profit the branch would have made off the coach to Ravenhill. If you want to support the branch ripping off the fans, go ahead. I won't.

We're trying to be proactive here because the branch has shown a total lack of respect for the fans - they profiteer from us on coach trips and they endorse a travel company that extorts the fans.

Its time the fans took a stand against being ripped off. But if you don't have a probelm with that, i guess you'll be on the branch gravy train.....
jesus lads this is getting fairly political. how much is the branch charging for a bus? is the feeling support the branch or organise our own transport? can we have a poll to simplify this issue???
ktf.
Mullet

Post by ktf. »

OK the quote i got for a 49 seater executive coach with w/c and dvd facilites was 730.

thats with a 3pm pick up and a 10ish depart from ravers.

that works out at 15 a head if we filled it.
Your my boy Blue!!!!!!!!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Good work KTF - another option ina addition to the Aircoach. I'm looking at a way to fund this so fans can go free of charge. And there may even be the odd crate of Harp on the bus too.....No promises, but I'll see what I can do. :wink:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Fantastic work KT(f), Flash etc. I love the idea of us combining resources/contacts/knowledge and sorting ourselves out the best deal!
:clap: all round!

As for supporting the branch by using their travel options....the cheaper we can do these trips the more we can go on - that's my idea of support! If the branch can't see this or don't care...... :?
Summer is ready when you are

Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

If someone is going to go to the trouble of doing this, they will need the cash up front. Might I suggest setting up a pay pal a/c similar to the one TCB set up for the presentation in Edinburgh at the end of last season.
It will also mean that they won't get burnt.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
ktf.
Mullet

Post by ktf. »

Mauler that is a great idea

what i was going to suggest that if we did do it the cost would be 20 and then if the bus was full everone got a fiver back but the pay pal thing sounds like a great idea

i dont mind setting up a paypal account if you want
Your my boy Blue!!!!!!!!
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

ktf. wrote:Mauler that is a great idea

what i was going to suggest that if we did do it the cost would be 20 and then if the bus was full everone got a fiver back but the pay pal thing sounds like a great idea

This all sounds fairly good to me!!!!!!!!! :D :D
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

It's no problem if people want to continue to use mine. I don't use it much otherwise. It's already set up and I know it's all in working order!
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

T.C.B. wrote:

It's no problem if people want to continue to use mine. I don't use it much otherwise. It's already set up and I know it's all in working order!
The money was just "resting" in my account :wink:
A proud Winsome Fluter
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
T.C.B. wrote:

The money was just "resting" in my account :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
ktf.
Mullet

Post by ktf. »

Sounds good to me

the way the country is going anyway all they need to too see you with one extra account and its a blasted tribunal.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

i have no recolection of any meeting ever taking place
Your my boy Blue!!!!!!!!