Saints away game at StadiumMK?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

finchamdl
Learner

Saints away game at StadiumMK?

Post by finchamdl »

Once or twice the Saints have played their biggest HC group game in Milton Keynes so I fear the same will happen this year with our game... Hope it doesn't happen I would love a trip to Franklins Gardens :cry:
Last edited by finchamdl on June 6th, 2013, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Re: Saints away game at StadiumMK?

Post by sheepshagger »

Would imagine it will come down to the date of the game, if its in Jan it might be a dead rubber.
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

Surely they will be the back to back games? 1st seed v 2nd seed. and therefore in December.

I'll eat my hat if they're not.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Actually they played all their HC games in Franklins Gardens last season so hopefully they have MK out of their system.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Donny B. wrote:Actually they played all their HC games in Franklins Gardens last season so hopefully they have MK out of their system.
+1

Would prefer an old school ground, we already have one soulless pit to visit in a concrete retail park (Ospreys).
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Donny B. wrote:Actually they played all their HC games in Franklins Gardens last season so hopefully they have MK out of their system.

Went to see Saints play Ulster at MK and I can confirm that its a soulless concrete bowl - do so hope its Franklins Gardens - proper rugby ground (and pretty close to home for us!!)
nopeare
Graduate

Post by nopeare »

Good to hear that, I was at my first ever rugby match in Franklins gardens (even before donnybrook) and would like to go back. My Dad took us across to silverstone for the Grand prix and took my brother and myself to Franklins Gardens to see Leicester and Northampton while there, don't even remember the score or who won I was about 7/8.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

What is last season now, the one just finished?

Of course, they shipped 50 to Munster there in the previous season's round 6 game. Maybe in 2013 they just didn't see Ulster as big enough a draw to move it there?
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Degz wrote:
What is last season now, the one just finished?

Of course, they shipped 50 to Munster there in the previous season's round 6 game. Maybe in 2013 they just didn't see Ulster as big enough a draw to move it there?
Was chatting to one of their season ticket holders today - he reckons it will stay at Franklins gardens as its a pool game - he dislikes MK as much as everyone else so we hopes it wont be moved.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Really hope so myself. Haven't been to FG and like to get to the old school rugby grounds.

Plus it's ridiculously handy for yours truly :)
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

Degz wrote:Really hope so myself. Haven't been to FG and like to get to the old school rugby grounds.

Franklins Gardens used to be a school ground? :? :o
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Alternative Ulster wrote:
Degz wrote:Really hope so myself. Haven't been to FG and like to get to the old school rugby grounds.

Franklins Gardens used to be a school ground? :? :o
And this years recipient of the Pedant's Shield is.....
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

finchamdl wrote:Once or twice the Saints have played their biggest HC group game in Milton Keynes so I fear the same will happen this year with our game... Hope it doesn't happen I would love a trip to Franklins Gardens :cry:
They've only moved one group game there before and that ended in a very bad defeat to Munster, so might have put the kibosh on plans to play any more games there. The other matches they played there were knock-out games.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

I wouldn't mind MK personally, it's just down the road from me.
Anyone But New Zealand
finchamdl
Learner

Post by finchamdl »

its listed on the Saints website to be at franklins gardens at 6pm on Sat 7th December :happy clapper: