Ospreys v Leinster - Sat 12th Oct 6pm

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Ospreys v Leinster - Sat 12th Oct 6pm

Post by Donny B. »

johng wrote:Went with the Leinster allocation in WU04. Easier to buy from account and probably more likely to be with our own. Os were 59 sterling + shipping for 2, and you could not see the seat or section you were in. Ours were 75 Juros, so not much in the price.
WU04 isn't exactly a stellar location (upper tier on the 22) now is it?

If there are a load of empty better seats on the day, I can see myself relocating.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Donny B. wrote:
johng wrote:Went with the Leinster allocation in WU04. Easier to buy from account and probably more likely to be with our own. Os were 59 sterling + shipping for 2, and you could not see the seat or section you were in. Ours were 75 Juros, so not much in the price.
WU04 isn't exactly a stellar location (upper tier on the 22) now is it?

If there are a load of empty better seats on the day, I can see myself relocating.
Better than in the corner.

Yeah perhaps we can all converge somewhere. Cant see the stewards liking it though
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Donny B. wrote:
We went blind with East Stand and got bunged into the corner in EL01. b$&%@#ds!
Can you remember what it said when you picked the section initially - at the moment they are offering me Row J 14 & 15
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Xanthippe wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Can you remember what it said when you picked the section initially - at the moment they are offering me Row J 14 & 15
It doesn't give you a chance to pick a section, probably because it's cr@p. My guess is that if you accept that you'll be bunged into EL01 with us.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

After Donny's experience on the O's site I went with Leinster allocation in WU 04. :?
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Donny B. wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:
It doesn't give you a chance to pick a section, probably because it's cr@p. My guess is that if you accept that you'll be bunged into EL01 with us.
Think you might be right - I found a quite detailed seat plan but it still doesn't show seat numbers but if you assume that you start in block one then it would appear the blocks could/should be something like this

Block …… Seats
EL1 ………. 1-15
EL2 ………. 16-38
EL3 ………. 39-65
EL4 ………. 66-92
EL5 ………. 93-120
EL6 ………. 121-148
EL7 ………. 149-175
EL8 ………. 176-202
EL9 ………. 203-225
EL10 ……. 226-240

Link to Stadium Plan
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Post by leinsterfan100 »

Bought 2 tickets in WU04. Was tempted to buy for North stand as OLSC suggested but view didnt seem great really
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Think we're going to go for WU04 too.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Yep, we went for WU04 as well
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Went for NL 05 looks like we will probably be able to move around within that area, want to be near the pitch even if it is behind the posts.
Flying wedge
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

In NL5 also.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

bronxbull wrote:I took WU 4 myself, just looking forward to it now ...how about it JB1973?

I'm in the West Upper, there are no bad seats in the stadium and the stewards are easy going if you want to change seats to move into an empty chair.

We should get a decent crowd but won't be a sell out so you should be able to pretty much move around where you like.

There are a few bars/restaurants near the ground (Frankie and bennies, harvester ) and there will be more than likely be a supporters village by the ground on the day with a beer tent and a band.

If your looking for the night life, wind street is the main drag with all the usual chains walkabout,yates,lave lounge etc. There is an irish bar of sorts in town Jack Murphys which is one of the better bars in town. If your over 30 like me the Adelphi and Jack Murphys are where you want to be heading , the local ladies may not be in the first flush of youth but are very welcoming :)

Usual drill re clothing eg jeans and shoes (trainers can be an issue) but no bother with wearing jerseys or colours into town.

For the more sophisticated among you try the Uplands, Noahs yard and the uplands tavern are very busy with the "in crowd" , some nice places to eat are the Braz and La prilla down on the SA1

The stadium is about 10 minutes in a taxi from the city centre and the train station and about 25 minutes walk.

If anyone wants to know anything else about Swansea or the surrounding area let me know, you should have a good time and the locals always have a good laugh and are very welcoming to the Irish

I hope to catch some of you for a beer that weekend
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Cheers for that JB.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

In NL05 too
nopeare
Graduate

Post by nopeare »

Just bought 2 for WU 04.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Nice one - just in time for booking for the Ospreys match. :D Dublin Airport have just released a promo code for long term car parks - Blue is €2.99 per day and Red is €3.99 per day.

Site is HERE and the code is: tweetdaa13

Just got mine for under €8
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Xanthippe wrote:.

Nice one - just in time for booking for the Ospreys match. :D Dublin Airport have just released a promo code for long term car parks - Blue is €2.99 per day and Red is €3.99 per day.

Good rate, short term (block C) for the overnight trip (2 days) is €20.76 via the OLSC discount using code OLSC13SEPT
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

sheepshagger wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:.

Good rate, short term (block C) for the overnight trip (2 days) is €20.76 via the OLSC discount using code OLSC13SEPT
The OLSC one is really handy and I'll switch back to using it after the DAA one expires but for now I'm happy enough to get Red Car Park parking and Airport Genie for two peope for less than what I was expecting to pay for parking alone.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

Green
Learner

Post by Green »

In the process of attempting to purchase tickets for the game, I found myself being offered West Prem, Row A, Seats 105/106.
I then did my customary search online to try to find a seating plan, to find out exactly where these seats would be exactly (I roughly know where WU04/05).
I did not find the desired plan but I did find out how difficult it would be to produce an interactive seating plan for the Liberty stadium if I so desired :idea:

http://www.cs.swan.ac.uk/~csulrich/ftp/ ... ionOld.pdf

Anyone able to pin point these seats - any help greatly appreciated :D
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Green wrote:In the process of attempting to purchase tickets for the game, I found myself being offered West Prem, Row A, Seats 105/106.
I then did my customary search online to try to find a seating plan, to find out exactly where these seats would be exactly (I roughly know where WU04/05).
I did not find the desired plan but I did find out how difficult it would be to produce an interactive seating plan for the Liberty stadium if I so desired :idea:

http://www.cs.swan.ac.uk/~csulrich/ftp/ ... ionOld.pdf

Anyone able to pin point these seats - any help greatly appreciated :D
Here's the seating plan from the Ospreys website which shows that, on the lower deck, there are only two premium sections WL4 and WL7. http://www.ospreysrugby.com/Page/Content/1622. So logically Row A seats 105/106 should be the front row in one or other of these sections.

Here's a more detailed plan - with a little time and patience it should be possible to enlarge the picture sufficiently to allow you to count the seats in the front row from section WL1 around to WL7 and thereby determine where 105 and 106 are located. http://www.swanseacity.net/documents/se ... 247552.pdf

Edit: Just had a closer look at that seating plan and it looks like row A is for wheelchairs so now I'm really confused!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster