Ospreys v Leinster - Sat 12th Oct 6pm

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

nopeare
Graduate

Re: Ospreys v Leinster - Sat 12th Oct 6pm

Post by nopeare »

footrush wrote:Ticket arrived this morning fantastic considering the Branch just got them from Ospreys yesterday :happy clapper: . Looks like we will have the North lower stand to ourselves excellent.
Got my ones Tuesday evening as well :D

Is anyone else venturing on the boat for this? or everyone flying?
TheMenace
Learner

Post by TheMenace »

nopeare wrote:Is anyone else venturing on the boat for this? or everyone flying?
Flying into Cardiff and getting the train.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Looks like we could get a drop of rain tomorrow for the game, in the circumstances may not be a bad thing.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

JB1973 wrote:
bronxbull wrote:I took WU 4 myself, just looking forward to it now ...how about it JB1973?

I'm in the West Upper, there are no bad seats in the stadium and the stewards are easy going if you want to change seats to move into an empty chair.

We should get a decent crowd but won't be a sell out so you should be able to pretty much move around where you like.

There are a few bars/restaurants near the ground (Frankie and bennies, harvester ) and there will be more than likely be a supporters village by the ground on the day with a beer tent and a band.

If your looking for the night life, wind street is the main drag with all the usual chains walkabout,yates,lave lounge etc. There is an irish bar of sorts in town Jack Murphys which is one of the better bars in town. If your over 30 like me the Adelphi and Jack Murphys are where you want to be heading , the local ladies may not be in the first flush of youth but are very welcoming :)

Usual drill re clothing eg jeans and shoes (trainers can be an issue) but no bother with wearing jerseys or colours into town.

For the more sophisticated among you try the Uplands, Noahs yard and the uplands tavern are very busy with the "in crowd" , some nice places to eat are the Braz and La prilla down on the SA1
JB, where among the decent pubs you've listed will have Sky Sports for the early games? I refuse to go to the scummy Walkabout
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Varsity or Jack Murphy s on wind st are your best bet, you'll probably get a big support behind the quins against the scarlet's in Swansea, if you want to be nearer the stadium Frankie and Bennie's have sky. I'm aiming to meet your man John G in the no sign before the game or if not in jack Murphy s after the game.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

JB1973 wrote:Varsity or Jack Murphy s on wind st are your best bet, you'll probably get a big support behind the quins against the scarlet's in Swansea, if you want to be nearer the stadium Frankie and Bennie's have sky. I'm aiming to meet your man John G in the no sign before the game or if not in jack Murphy s after the game.

Mrs Nelly is over for the game with work pals and is keen to meet the living legend that is...JohnG.....where is this place? :)
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

nelly the elephant wrote:
JB1973 wrote:Varsity or Jack Murphy s on wind st are your best bet, you'll probably get a big support behind the quins against the scarlet's in Swansea, if you want to be nearer the stadium Frankie and Bennie's have sky. I'm aiming to meet your man John G in the no sign before the game or if not in jack Murphy s after the game.

Mrs Nelly is over for the game with work pals and is keen to meet the living legend that is...JohnG.....where is this place? :)
So come on, did Mrs Nelly meet JohnG and if so, was she impressed?

Edit... Meant to say thanks to the guys and gals from the OLSC for another fantastic weekend. In baseball parlance they hit it out of the park once again.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Big thanks to the OLSC for sortin the busses, really appreciate it one and all.
Flying wedge
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Despite our best efforts I didn't manage to meet John this weekend :(, did catch up with Donny B pal and his good lady and not sure if the tall lad in JacK Murphys who kept pinching my hat posts here but he seems a good sort to,

See you all in Jan
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

footrush wrote:Big thanks to the OLSC for sortin the busses, really appreciate it one and all.
+1
elfan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

A belated thanks JB. We actually got the games on in the Adelphi in the end through some dodgy internet link so that did the job. Very nice pub during the day but got a bit hairy after the match when some of the local ould fellas got a bit handsy with some of the girls in our party. Still we had a good laugh for the most part so thanks a million for all your advice and hope to (really) meet you for a scoop for the return match in January.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

footrush wrote:Big thanks to the OLSC for sortin the busses, really appreciate it one and all.
Hear, Hear! :clap: