Aviva Best Seats

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

St John

Aviva Best Seats

Post by St John »

Saints fan travelling over for the game on 14th with 4 friends & would appreciate help please in working out where to sit.

I've done some googling & understand that lower tier can be too shallow & am looking at middle & upper tiers. Upper tier seems to be OK as long as you are not too far back but possible problems with Press Box obstructing some views. What is South stand middle tier like (I normally prefer a side-on view of the game) or would we be better in upper tier - east or west?

Any advice would be gratefully received - thanks.

St John
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Aviva Best Seats

Post by johng »

I prefer the lower tiers personally. The middle tiers are expensive and have feck all atmos. Swathes of sheepskin and tartan rugs.

Lower tiers are grand above row L or so. Lower down you can't see the far touchline. Also if it rains you are only covered from about row R back

Upper tiers are fine too. There are some seats with restricted views. They will generally be cheaper. Sometimes the restriction is that you can't see the big screen. Due to the steepness of the Upper tier you are not as far away from the action up the back of the upper tier as in some stadia. I personally think it is too far from the pitch though. If you are going upper try and get close to the front.

West is where the teams face for anthems in intl games. Players enter the field from that side.

Ideal spot in west or east stand is just to the south of halfway. That means you can enter the ground from the Lansdowne rd end and don't have to walk round the stadium to Bath avenue to get in.

This may not be an issue if you are approaching the ground from that side.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

St John wrote:Saints fan travelling over for the game on 14th with 4 friends & would appreciate help please in working out where to sit.

I've done some googling & understand that lower tier can be too shallow & am looking at middle & upper tiers. Upper tier seems to be OK as long as you are not too far back but possible problems with Press Box obstructing some views. What is South stand middle tier like (I normally prefer a side-on view of the game) or would we be better in upper tier - east or west?

Any advice would be gratefully received - thanks.

St John

In the lower tier once you dont go for the first dozen rows nearest the pitch the view is pretty decent.

The restrictive views in the upper tiers are in relation to either the big screen (for replays/TMO decisons) or the top of the goal posts being restricted due to the silly design of the stadium. These are the only restrictions I have witnessed in the upper tiers I think you should be ok behind the press box. Just looking at the prices on ticketmaster and the upper tier (East or West) 45euro tickets should all be non restrictive and will give you a good view I reckon the 35euro tickets could posibly be restrictive from personal experience. I would probably go for the 45 euro east/west tickets over the south stand equivalent but thats just a personal preference.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
St John

Post by St John »

Thanks for your thoughts
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Sorry. The press box thing. It's fine. I sat in the row just behind it for the last All Blacks game.
Half price tickets and the only restriction was that you had to lean slightly forward to see the near touchline.

Up side was that I got to see all the replays etc. over the shoulders of the press, including the foul play ones that were not shown on the big screen.
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

Front rows, upper tiers in the corners. Cheap and fantastic views.
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Very few bad seats in he upper tiers. You really need to be up in the gods to have a restricted view.