Castres Away January 2014

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

waterboy
Graduate

Re: Castres Away January 2014

Post by waterboy »

On sale now via your season ticket account. €14 for a terrace ticket!!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

€14 for a terrace ticket. Gotta love those French commies and their municipal stadiums.

Almost makes up for being gouged in Northampton where we played three times the price for a terrace ticket
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

footrush wrote:Sorted on new flight just booked at the kyriad a bit out of the center but not bad value.
We stayed there the last time. It's a depressing kip way out of town in the middle of an industrial estate and it can be a bit of a mare getting taxis late at night. Ended up costing us more in the end. If I were you I'd look for another option closer to town even if it's a little extra.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Are we all going for the terrace?
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Donny B. wrote:
footrush wrote:Sorted on new flight just booked at the kyriad a bit out of the center but not bad value.
We stayed there the last time. It's a depressing kip way out of town in the middle of an industrial estate and it can be a bit of a mare getting taxis late at night. Ended up costing us more in the end. If I were you I'd look for another option closer to town even if it's a little extra.
Thanks for the advice Donny was staying hat "Hôtel Rivière" but stupidly cancelled it when I thought there were no flights, might go a bit more up market then.
Was in Tribune Sud the last time remember we were able to move around the stand that time will be on the terrace for this one.
Flying wedge
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Getting taxis last time in Castres was a bit tricky alright, our hotel had to call one for us and apparently they turn the meter when they get the call so we got charged for the distance the guy had to drive to collect us.

Also if you miss the train to Toulouse then a taxi instead will set you back about €100. :oops:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

footrush wrote: Thanks for the advice Donny was staying hat "Hôtel Rivière" but stupidly cancelled it when I thought there were no flights, might go a bit more up market then.
Was in Tribune Sud the last time remember we were able to move around the stand that time will be on the terrace for this one.
No worries, we're in the Hôtel Le Miredames. Probably a kip but frankly once it's a reasonable walk (or indeed stagger) home from the pub, I don't care.

I've learnt from bitter experience in Castres and Clermont that it's not worth the grief staying out of town.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

nc6000 wrote:Are we all going for the terrace?
At that price, how could we not? :D

And if it's anything like as cold as it was the last time we were there, I'd prefer being huddled on a terrace rather than sitting high in the stands.
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

Donny B. wrote:
footrush wrote: Thanks for the advice Donny was staying hat "Hôtel Rivière" but stupidly cancelled it when I thought there were no flights, might go a bit more up market then.
No worries, we're in the Hôtel Le Miredames. Probably a kip but frankly once it's a reasonable walk (or indeed stagger) home from the pub, I don't care.

I've learnt from bitter experience in Castres and Clermont that it's not worth the grief staying out of town.
I'd stayed in that hotel in 2008, it's grand, basic but clean. Couldn't fault it. And as Donny said it's central, 3 minute walk to the centre of town.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Donny B. wrote:
nc6000 wrote:Are we all going for the terrace?
At that price, how could we not? :D

And if it's anything like as cold as it was the last time we were there, I'd prefer being huddled on a terrace rather than sitting high in the stands.
Terrace ticket bought.
Flying wedge
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Bought 4 for the Terrace. Crazy cheap price.
One of the lads now needs a seated ticket - meh to trying to change it - Ill just buy another one!
The French are predictably unpredictable
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Donny B. wrote:
Avoid at all costs, was there last time too. It may be cheap but you'll pay for it in taxis and grief.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

sheepshagger wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Avoid at all costs, was there last time too. It may be cheap but you'll pay for it in taxis and grief.
Appreciate the advice will get working on it.
Flying wedge
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

@OLSCRugby: Book on our Carcassonne airport - Castres bus for €25pp return by sending pmt to olsc@leinsterrugby.ie via Paypal
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Thanks for the advice lads have booked into the Hotel Renaissance instead probably better value considering what you have said (decided to splash out as the match ticket was so cheap), appreciate the heads up on the kyriad.
Flying wedge
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

footrush wrote:Thanks for the advice lads have booked into the Hotel Renaissance instead probably better value considering what you have said (decided to splash out as the match ticket was so cheap), appreciate the heads up on the kyriad.
No worries mate, and good call on the switch. :D
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Bus booked.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

We'll have 5 in our group for this: Myself, Herself, Brother and Mum and Dad. 2 of us will be in the Terrace :D
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Am I the only one who bought a Tribune Sud ticket? :?
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.