Matches on 17 January

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

HerbieSaint

Matches on 17 January

Post by HerbieSaint »

Evening all - Saints fan here in peace. I'm visiting your wonderful city of Dublin for work on 17 January and figured I may as well make a weekend of it.

For some reason known only to themselves, Sky Sports have decided against televising our game against Castres that evening, and I wouldn't be able to attend even if I flew back after my meeting as I wouldn't make it to Northampton in time.

As a first time visitor to Dublin, I'd very much appreciate any guidance on either a) pubs in which to watch your match vs. the Hairsprays or b) the likelihood of getting a ticket (but still also any good rugby pubs you head to before/after your games).

Any advice appreciated!
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Re: Matches on 17 January

Post by Vamos los azules »

Ballsbridge will be the place to be that evening pubs-wise if you want to find a rugby crowd. Head for any of Horse Show House/Mary Macs/Paddy Cullen's and take it from there.

Kielys in Donnybrook is also an option.

Tickets are on sale now - either go directly to ticketmaster site or the link is on the main Leinster rugby website (leinsterrugby.ie) so if you want to come along and watch the other teams fighting it out while sweating on the Saints result then the opportunity is there.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Think you mean the Ospreys game is on the red button on 17/1 as the Castres game is the Sunday before?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

HerbieSaint wrote:Evening all - Saints fan here in peace. I'm visiting your wonderful city of Dublin for work on 17 January and figured I may as well make a weekend of it.

For some reason known only to themselves, Sky Sports have decided against televising our game against Castres that evening, and I wouldn't be able to attend even if I flew back after my meeting as I wouldn't make it to Northampton in time.

As a first time visitor to Dublin, I'd very much appreciate any guidance on either a) pubs in which to watch your match vs. the Hairsprays or b) the likelihood of getting a ticket (but still also any good rugby pubs you head to before/after your games).

Any advice appreciated!
Plenty of tickets are available at the moment on ticketmaster.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/heineken-cup ... rcatid=225

Game will probably sell out in the week before the game though so wouldn't leave it too long to buy.

As for pubs, all the pubs across the road from the RDS will be full of rugby fans like the Horse Show House, Mary Macs, Paddy Cullens.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

EDIT: After writing all that I now see Vamos los azules wrote pretty much the exact same thing. :oops: