Carcassonne Flight Chnage from Ryanair for the Agen Weekend

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

jamoTec wrote:yeah i just booked a room for 2 people, must ring them tonight if its seperate beds r not....thanks for that advice SS.

yeah closer to time and if we get alot of people to do it, defo check out renting a couch for the journey.

no offence BlueBlue but how did you look at the trains, yeah you can check the timetabel for this sunday or dat sunday, but not for the specific date we need it on.......

now im using
http://www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_Sv ... geUK&WB=HP

so im not sure if you are using the same......
http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/query.exe/en
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

yes, you cannot check that exact sunday. but I'm banking on there being a morning train from Agen, Its a TGV so they dont do short runs the train that goes from Agen to Carcassone will be the same tain that goes from toulouse to carcassone. It there is no morning train from Agen , there wont be one from Toulose either. But its france there will be a train , they have trains like we have running water :shock:
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

SS can you get it for the date required, as I get the following:

"Your input is not inside the timetable period between 11.12.05 and 09.12.06."
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

WTF are Ryanair playing at :? I just checked our flights for our Toulouse game and they are still taking bookings for Monday but the 2 weeks previous and 2 weeks after have no flights then normal Mondays seem to resume. Has anyone phoned them and got a sensible answer what is going on ?
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

rooster wrote: Has anyone phoned them and got a sensible answer what is going on ?
Phone Ryanair!!!! Are you mad? Unless you have the time to spend a week on hold.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

rooster wrote:WTF are Ryanair playing at :? I just checked our flights for our Toulouse game and they are still taking bookings for Monday but the 2 weeks previous and 2 weeks after have no flights then normal Mondays seem to resume. Has anyone phoned them and got a sensible answer what is going on ?
That's a good one, Rooster.

If you ring them up you get the following message:

"Hello, you're through to Ryanair customer service.

If you have a problem with one or more of Ryanair's services please choose from the following menu

Press 1 to f**k off
Press 2 to p**s off
Press 3 to go f**k yourself
Press 4 to kiss my @ss

Or hold on the line for an interminable time in order to speak to a gruff, depressed customer services operator who will repeat the options to you and then hang up.

Thank you for ringing the Ryanair cutomer service line. If you are still not satisfied with the service, well you should have booked with a decent airline then, you cheap f**king loser!

Have a nice day"
StuF
Mullet

Post by StuF »

rooster wrote:WTF are Ryanair playing at :? I just checked our flights for our Toulouse game and they are still taking bookings for Monday but the 2 weeks previous and 2 weeks after have no flights then normal Mondays seem to resume. Has anyone phoned them and got a sensible answer what is going on ?
I don't understand - are you annoyed that Ryanair have flights on the days you want flights but not the week before or the week after when you don't want flights?????
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

And don't the Ryanair 'Customer Services Line' is one of those 0818 numbers (like friggen Sky Digital) so you pay for the priviledge of Holding :evil:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

jamoTec wrote:SS can you get it for the date required, as I get the following:

"Your input is not inside the timetable period between 11.12.05 and 09.12.06."
:? What are trying to find out that it won't let you do :?
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

Just to let you know....whoever is staying in toulouse Sat nite and goin to Carcasonne Sun morning, i emailed the tourist office in Toulouse yesterday with the following:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there,
I am looking to go to Carcassonne on Sunday 17th December 2006 and am wondering what is the best public transport route (train or bus) going from Toulouse; I need to be in Carcassonne by 11.30am.

Also do you have the timetables for the times of my transport.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Regards
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And my reply dis-morning was:
Hello,

To go to Carcassonne the best way it's by the train.

For the time :
* 08h10 - 09h02
* 10h42 - 11h31

Have a nice day.

Yan

its happy days the 10h42 suits me....
:D :D :D :D :D
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

StuF wrote:
I don't understand - are you annoyed that Ryanair have flights on the days you want flights but not the week before or the week after when you don't want flights?????
Not annoyed with them yet StuF but will be if they change ours, just seems strange that they run flights some Mondays and not others and waiting for the email to say they don't run our week either, which could be more of a problem than yours as we won't know till near the time which day the match is. I looked last night and there were only 5 weeks that Monday flights did not run with no obvious pattern, perhaps yours is an error or else they have not got round to changing the rest yet, it all is rather bizzare even for Ryanair :shock:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

jamoTec wrote:Just to let you know....whoever is staying in toulouse Sat nite and goin to Carcasonne Sun morning, i emailed the tourist office in Toulouse yesterday with the following:
Hi there,
I am looking to go to Carcassonne on Sunday 17th December 2006 and am wondering what is the best public transport route (train or bus) going from Toulouse; I need to be in Carcassonne by 11.30am.

Regards
Hello,

For the time :
* 08h10 - 09h02
* 10h42 - 11h31

Have a nice day.

Yan

Nice one Jamo, that's that sorted out.
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

jamoTec wrote:Just to let you know....whoever is staying in toulouse Sat nite and goin to Carcasonne Sun morning, i emailed the tourist office in Toulouse yesterday with the following:
Hi there,

Regards
Hello,

For the time :
* 08h10 - 09h02
* 10h42 - 11h31

Have a nice day.

Yan

Jamotec , any chance you could ask then the same question for travel from Agen on the Sunday morning to Carcassonne. I'm on the same flight as you.
Or let me have the e-mail address. :D
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

BlueBlue i think you will need to email the tourist office in Agen rather than Toulouse tourist office as what you are requiring has nothing to do with Toulouse................
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

heres the website......http://www.ot-agen.org/_eng/visite/bastides.htm

and contact address.............otsi.agen@wanadoo.fr

will you let us know what they say??

thanks
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

jamoTec wrote:heres the website......http://www.ot-agen.org/_eng/visite/bastides.htm

and contact address.............otsi.agen@wanadoo.fr

will you let us know what they say??

thanks
I think you got lucky , I was told to contact the train company SNCF. Same problem with the timetable there, 2 months and all that. Maybe you could ask your nice helpful person at the Toulouse office how to get from Agen to toulouse that morning. :?:
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

yeah BlueBlue thinkin its not guranteed those times i received from the toulouse office....i am and wont b certain until the 2 months time frame is in so i can check it myself on SNCF.......

Ill msg you the persons emails address so you can ask him.....think ill just wait until the 2 months timeframe as theres not alot to do or find out about the trains until its available on sncf................all it is, is just hoping!!!!!
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

jamoTec wrote:yeah BlueBlue thinkin its not guranteed those times i received from the toulouse office....i am and wont b certain until the 2 months time frame is in so i can check it myself on SNCF.......

Ill msg you the persons emails address so you can ask him.....think ill just wait until the 2 months timeframe as theres not alot to do or find out about the trains until its available on sncf................all it is, is just hoping!!!!!
Thanks Jamo but its the same old story they sent me a link to SNCF and the latest I can check on the time table is mid oct, and the train times are the same.

Agen to Carcassonne. dept 6:50am arrive 8:30am
dept 9:36am arrive 11:31am

I'll go with booking two nights in Agen, I have the friday booked already and if it changes I still have two months to change it
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/08/20/story273027.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryanair most complained about airline
20/08/2006 - 11:40:55

Almost 400 complaints were made about airlines in Ireland in the first half of the year, it was revealed today.

The most complained about was Ryanair.(Suprise Suprise)

Figures from the European Consumer Centre showed 133 people had a problem with the no-free-frills operator while its main rival Aer Lingus faced less than half that number.

Only 62 travellers had a problem with Air Lingus.

The most common disputes were over delayed, damaged or missing luggage, and delayed or cancelled flights.

The ECC suggested only a third of people who experience difficulties when they fly are prepared to make a complaint. That figure has been backed by research from the European Commission.

The consumer body also warned about airlines failing to meet obligations to provide for passengers facing delays or cancellations. Under legislation travellers are entitled to a refund or re-routing. Otherwise, the airline must provide refreshments, meals and accommodation.

Many are being asked to look after themselves and invoice the airline when they return from their journey, completely at odds with the legislation.

“That’s not the way it works. Is it a tactic to reduce the number of claims? We cannot say, but it creates a double inconvenience,” the ECC spokeswoman said.

She added that an upsurge in complaints against airlines was expected following the terror threats in the United Kingdom almost a week ago.

Ryanair defended their record on passenger satisfaction with only 133 complaints after carrying 6.2 million passengers in the six-month period.

Aer Lingus declined to comment.

The ECC noted, however, there were a small number of complaints from passengers who missed flights, had problems with tickets booked online or sought refunds for not making flights due to illness or injury.

It said the complaints were mostly unfounded.

Other airlines operating in and out of Ireland faced 178 complaints between January and June 2006 including Air France, 20, Iberia airlines, 14, Alitalia 10, and British Airways, six.

Research carried out on behalf of the ECC for 2005 showed nearly half of all people who travel by air experienced a problem.

A breakdown of the complaints for the first six months of the year showed 103 were about luggage and the same amount for flights pulled off the schedule.

Some 76 people complained about delays to services. Six people complained they were not allowed on to flights they had booked because of overbooking.

....I think we should keep Ryanair number 1, and send them emails about our flight cancellation...... :wink: