Carcassonne Flight Chnage from Ryanair for the Agen Weekend

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Carcassonne Flight Chnage from Ryanair for the Agen Weekend

Post by sheepshagger »

b*%&!cks. . .the games on saturday and now they have bought our flight forward to the Sunday - flight leaves at 1pm

Got this in an email from them. . .

Your new flight details are as follows:
GOING OUT
From Dublin(DUB) to Carcassonne(CCF)
Fri, 15/12/2006 Flight 1984 Depart DUB at 0930 and arrive CCF at 1240

COMING BACK
From Carcassonne(CCF) to Dublin(DUB)
Sun, 17/12/2006 Flight 1985 Depart CCF at 1300 and arrive DUB at 1415

Luckily the game is on Saturday, but may have to come back from Agen on the Saturday night (as trains could be dodgy on the Sunday morning).

:evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

The F**kers!

Obviously this is because there wasn't enough people on the flight going back Monday so they've shoved us in with the Sunday crowd.

Will cancel the three day special in the Ibis then. Bloody awkward to have to go to Toulouse after the game though.

I'll have a look at the train timetables to see what Sundays are generally like.
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

got the same email........f**k now wat to do, dont think theres any point checking trains, as we cant book them until 2 months before departure date anyway.......

so they might change if you check them now.......
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Could stay in Carcassonne on the Sunday night. . .theres even an IBIS there :lol:

http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/ ... otel.shtml

or an etap Hotel 800 metres down the road from the IBIS (which is half the price)

http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/ ... otel.shtml
Last edited by sheepshagger on August 16th, 2006, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

yeah that was our plan, Sunday night in Carcassonne.....no flights home till the Wensday from Ryanair from Carcassonne, so aint stayin there for dat long....as its sh!t season, and nway dont think ill hav much holidays left by den......

anybody got any ideas wat to do?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

jamoTec wrote:got the same email........f**k now wat to do, dont think theres any point checking trains, as we cant book them until 2 months before departure date anyway.......

so they might change if you check them now.......
I did it anyway just to get an idea of how things operate.

In any case the news wasn't good as there seem to be no trains going early on Sunday on the TGV website. May be some local trains but I don't know a website to check these.

I think we're looking at a train back to Toulouse after the match at either seven or eight. Then either a local train or a taxi to Carcassone early on Sunday morning.

Either way, a nice easy trip has just become a right pain in the b*%&!cks!

Thanks Ryanair, you evil f**ks!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

jamoTec wrote:yeah that was our plan, Sunday night in Carcassonne.....no flights home till the Wensday from Ryanair from Carcassonne, so aint stayin there for dat long....as its sh!t season, and nway dont think ill hav much holidays left by den......

anybody got any ideas what to do?
Toulouse sounds like an option for the Saturday night. . we can then make a quick getaway to Carcassonne for our 1pm Sunday flight back.

Theres a hotel opp the train station for ease, so we'd just get the train from Agen back to Toulose, run across the road to dump the bag then get to the Pub

Some lads stayed here last time - said it was fine. . .

http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/fichehote ... otel.shtml
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

poxy Ryanair.....anybody know why its being changed??

dont see why its down to the amount of people not goin cos most people ive being speakin too(and on dis form) are flying back on monday with ryanair.....and ive being on flights wit them that theres only a handful of people on the plan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I just booked that Ibis hotel near the train station for the Saturday night, as SS says it will be handy to just dump the bags and go on the lash.

The only problem is that they have no twin rooms left for that night, so it's either book a room each or go Brokeback for the night.

It's €50 so I think I'll stick with a single then so.
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

have you decided how your gettin back to Carconnsone after the game, you know you cant book d trains until 2 months before your booking date.......
Crash
Graduate

Post by Crash »

DB

Check this site out for all trains in France. However, as you said, you can't book more than 2 months in advance.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

jamoTec wrote:have you decided how your gettin back to Carconnsone after the game, you know you cant book d trains until 2 months before your booking date.......
We're not going straight back to Carcassone after the game.

We're gonna get the train to Toulouse on the Saturday immediately after the game.
Going Agen to Toulouse on the Saturday evening shoudn't be a problem.
We'll stay in the hotel near the station and go on the lash in Toulouse, (we know the lay of the land there from last year).

Then Sunday morning up early. Carcassone is less than an hours drive away. We'll check out a local train or bus. Failing that, we'll hire a taxi. I'm sure you could get a taxi to do the trip for about €100 which split between four would be about the same as the train.

It's not ideal, but I think it's about the best we'll do at this stage.

Crash, I looked at that site but Sunday mornings seem to be a major no-no when it comes to any trains.
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

sounds like a very good plan Donny Brooke......still myself wonderin wat 2 do, and not just me, waitin on my friends to get back to me of ideas.....

toulouse wuld b good criac.....wuld lik 2 go strainght bck to Carcosonne after match, so the journey to the airport wont b as long, and when d hungover is bad.....it can tak 4ever.....
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

jamoTec wrote:sounds like a very good plan Donny Brooke......still myself wonderin wat 2 do, and not just me, waitin on my friends to get back to me of ideas.....

toulouse wuld b good criac.....wuld lik 2 go strainght bck to Carcosonne after match, so the journey to the airport wont b as long, and when d hungover is bad.....it can tak 4ever.....
It certainly would be handier for the next day alright.

My concern would be that you're looking at a two hour train trip from Agen to Carcassonne, that's if you're lucky enough to get a direct train at that time.
That will eat into your Saturday night in a big way. Plus I'm not sure how late you'll get a drink in Carcassone, whereas at least in Toulouse, we know we can go pretty late!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Right booked into the IBIS directly across the road from the train station in Toulouse.

Agen must be busy on the Friday night. . tried to book a room in the IBIS (for the 1 night) before I cancelled my existing 3 night reservation. . . the place is booked out :shock: . . will call them to amend the booking to just the Friday night.

Focking Ryanair :evil:
Last edited by sheepshagger on August 16th, 2006, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

yeah was thinkin there......

If alot of people r goin back to Toulouse on the Sat after the match, and if the train doesnt suit who's up for seeing if we can orgainse a private bus to go from Agen to Toulouse....sayin that if we hav enough people to make it a good price for everyone......
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

yeah booked the ibis opposite toulouse train station, thanks for that link SS.

Donny Brooke i dont know want you meant theres no double room, as I just booked by d web and got a double room??
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

jamoTec wrote:yeah booked the ibis opposite toulouse train station, thanks for that link SS.

Donny Brooke i dont know want you meant theres no double room, as I just booked by d web and got a double room??
He was looking for a TWIN (IBIS's normally have just a double bed in their rooms by default) you have to ask in advance if you want 2 seperate (single) beds in the room.

Good idea about the transport - we can look at it closer to the time :)
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

sheepshagger wrote:Right booked into the IBS directly across the road from the train station in Toulouse.

Agen must be busy on the Friday night. . tried to book a room in the IBIS (for the 1 night) before I cancelled my existing 3 night reservation. . . the place is booked out :shock: . . will call them to amend the booking to just the Friday night.

Focking Ryanair :evil:
Ok I looked at some train time tables, our flight goes at 1pm so say check in at 12noon.

The only train that goes from Agen to Carcassonne is a 6:50am gets you to cacassonne at 8:33am in time for breakfast. early I know.

The bad news is if you stay in Toulouse you have to get on the same train an hour later at 7:50am and arrive in carcassonne at 8:33am in time for breakfast. at that rate you may as well stay in Agen. I got accomadation today in Agen.
It takes 1 hr 40mins to get from Agen to Cacassonne . And there is only one train that will get you to the airport in time. don't miss it !!!
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

yeah i just booked a room for 2 people, must ring them tonight if its seperate beds r not....thanks for that advice SS.

yeah closer to time and if we get alot of people to do it, defo check out renting a couch for the journey.

no offence BlueBlue but how did you look at the trains, yeah you can check the timetabel for this sunday or dat sunday, but not for the specific date we need it on.......

now im using
http://www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_Sv ... geUK&WB=HP

so im not sure if you are using the same......