Nice HQ?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Nice HQ?

Post by simonno6 »

With 2,500 travelling I can only assume a good few people are staying in Nice and are possibly taking a few extra days.

Is there anywhere central in Nice that might be adopted as a Leinster HQ for the weekend? This rings especially true for celebrations post victory on Sunday night :wink: . The last train leaves for Nice pretty early so there will still be a lot of time for pints before bed!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
pumpingthelegs
Beginner

Re: Nice HQ?

Post by pumpingthelegs »

Kinda surprised nobody flew to London and got the direct flight over to Toulon. I mean, it appears nobody did as I booked mine last week from London, where I live, for 40 quid one-way.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

We were in Nice for the pre-season tour back in 2010 and Ma Nolans was our base.

http://www.ma-nolans.com/

This one is in Rue Saint-François de Paule (there's two, the other one is near the port).

We're staying in Toulon but when we arrive on Saturday we're going to watch the Munster game in this place before hopping on the train to Toulon.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

pumpingthelegs wrote:Kinda surprised nobody flew to London and got the direct flight over to Toulon. I mean, it appears nobody did as I booked mine last week from London, where I live, for 40 quid one-way.
Do you mean London Stanstead - Toulon? Probably not an option for most people as to make the Sunday KO you'd have to fly into Toulon on the Friday and out on the Wednesday. The Sunday flights are no use because of the 17.00 KO.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Donny B. wrote:We're staying in Toulon but when we arrive on Saturday we're going to watch the Munster game in this place before hopping on the train to Toulon.
Is it better to pre-book the trains or just turn up and hop on?
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I've booked a train that leaves 40 mins after Munster finish and arrives 50 mins before Ulster kick off. Perhaps others may have the same plan... I'd book if I were you. Not leave it to chance.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Avenger wrote:
Donny B. wrote:We're staying in Toulon but when we arrive on Saturday we're going to watch the Munster game in this place before hopping on the train to Toulon.
As John says, better to book just in case time is tight. Ordering from French ticket machines can be a trial sometimes. We're booked on the 4.55 train. Arrives about 6.40, should be just time to check in and then head to pub for Ulster match.

You can book here:
http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en/train-ticket
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

simonno6 wrote:With 2,500 travelling I can only assume a good few people are staying in Nice and are possibly taking a few extra days.

Is there anywhere central in Nice that might be adopted as a Leinster HQ for the weekend? This rings especially true for celebrations post victory on Sunday night :wink: . The last train leaves for Nice pretty early so there will still be a lot of time for pints before bed!

The last train leaves Toulon for Nice at 2143Hrs and arrives into nice at 2326hrs - I am on this after the game - so if Ma Nolans is the Nice HQ, what time does it stay open till?
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Donny B. wrote:
Avenger wrote:
As John says, better to book just in case time is tight. Ordering from French ticket machines can be a trial sometimes. We're booked on the 4.55 train. Arrives about 6.40, should be just time to check in and then head to pub for Ulster match.

You can book here:
http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en/train-ticket
Thanks Donny.Just booked two tickets out Saturday 10.30 back at 8.20 on Monday.So will find a spot Toulon for the 3 games as will get to spend the day and night Friday in Nice
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

glenageary wrote:
simonno6 wrote:With 2,500 travelling I can only assume a good few people are staying in Nice and are possibly taking a few extra days.

The last train leaves Toulon for Nice at 2143Hrs and arrives into nice at 2326hrs - I am on this after the game - so if Ma Nolans is the Nice HQ, what time does it stay open till?
Not sure if they have set hours but seem to recall it stayed open until two-ish at the weekends.
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

nc6000 wrote:
pumpingthelegs wrote:Kinda surprised nobody flew to London and got the direct flight over to Toulon. I mean, it appears nobody did as I booked mine last week from London, where I live, for 40 quid one-way.
Do you mean London Stanstead - Toulon? Probably not an option for most people as to make the Sunday KO you'd have to fly into Toulon on the Friday and out on the Wednesday. The Sunday flights are no use because of the 17.00 KO.
3 of us are on that route on the Sunday arrive in at 3 and kick off is 5:30 so should hopefully be ok
pumpingthelegs
Beginner

Post by pumpingthelegs »

Yeah exactly. True enough, no flight Saturday. There was a Sunday flight getting in at 1500 I thought though, I decided to go over Friday but you'd prob make it with that flight, I guess a short trip though if you had to be back for work the next day.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Donny B. wrote:
glenageary wrote:

Not sure if they have set hours but seem to recall it stayed open until two-ish at the weekends.
I tweeted them to ask and its 2am every night. I'll be propping up a bar stool there for most of the week anyway!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!