Cardiff 2014

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Chengleng1
Learner

Cardiff 2014

Post by Chengleng1 »

Hi,

We're planning our trip to the H Cup final this year in Cardiff. We've got our tickets and travel sorted but accommodation is proving impossible to find. I've been on all the booking sites regularly since January as well as contacting hotels directly and there is zero availability on Saturday 24th. I'm just wondering if this is typical for Cardiff, I haven't been to a 6 nations game there or if one would expect rooms to be released in the coming weeks after the quarters and semis? I'm kinda hoping that rooms are just blocked to avoid speculative early reservations and subsequent cancellations. I guess we could always camp again but running water would be nice!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Cardiff 2014

Post by domhnallj »

Chengleng1 wrote:Hi,

We're planning our trip to the H Cup final this year in Cardiff. We've got our tickets and travel sorted but accommodation is proving impossible to find. I've been on all the booking sites regularly since January as well as contacting hotels directly and there is zero availability on Saturday 24th. I'm just wondering if this is typical for Cardiff, I haven't been to a 6 nations game there or if one would expect rooms to be released in the coming weeks after the quarters and semis? I'm kinda hoping that rooms are just blocked to avoid speculative early reservations and subsequent cancellations. I guess we could always camp again but running water would be nice!
Pretty usual, you might be better off trying farther afield. Last time I was there for a game I stayed in Bristol - getting back after the game was a pain in the hole though.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Green
Learner

Post by Green »

Ended up in Pontypool the last time.
Booked well in advance this time & still could not get Cardiff.
Gwent this time round.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Chengleng1 wrote:Hi,

Try Barry/Barry Island. Should be a few Guest Houses available and only a short trip by Bus or Train from Cardiff. Penarth and Newport the same.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Sionnach
Bookworm

Post by Sionnach »

Hotels usually spring up nearer the time, as people (I'm looking at Munster here) will have booked hotels in the hope they make it to the final. When / if they get knocked out, hotel rooms often free up.
donal1107

Post by donal1107 »

camped in "old boys" last time hope to do it again if we make it

http://www.chsobrfc.co.uk/

all the club house facilities available at €5 per head. If your going with the missus and she's up for the camping its a great way to spend the weekend. Brilliant last time although after that game we would have kipped anywhere.