Quins v Leinster December

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

BluredVision
Beginner

Re: Quins v Leinster December

Post by BluredVision »

Anyone know what the parking is like near the stadium? Based in London and parents are over for the game, planning them over to the game rather than make the trip on tube/train
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

BluredVision wrote:Anyone know what the parking is like near the stadium? Based in London and parents are over for the game, planning them over to the game rather than make the trip on tube/train

There is a topic on this on the Quins fans Website...http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 0,15001017
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Think we will start off in the Sun Inn behind the Orange Tree in Richmond lunchtime Sat
nopeare
Graduate

Post by nopeare »

2 of our group might not be travelling so could have 2 spare tickets for this, in the South £39 each and with another 6 Leinster fans. I'm living in London so pm me if interested and I will let you know tomorrow if they are available.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Where is everyone

Where to rwatch munster Clermont
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Leoslovechild wrote:
BluredVision wrote:Anyone know what the parking is like near the stadium? Based in London and parents are over for the game, planning them over to the game rather than make the trip on tube/train

There is a topic on this on the Quins fans Website...http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 0,15001017
There's another alternative; if you go past the Stoop, (so you've already passed the College), past the Rosebine car park, just over the railway bridge is a turning on the left. If you turn down there (I think it's called Meadway; I should know; I lived off it for 4 years!!) there's residential parking, which I believe is free (it certainly was the last time I was there, but it's a few years ago). It also means that you don't have to leave via the A 316 (if you carry on down to the very end of the road, turn left you get to Twickenham). Parking on the other side of the A316 isn't free (it's residential), but it should be on this side (but only after you've crossed the bridge).
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Bloody traffic getting out of the place was a nightmare.

At least I had the pleasure of a few civilised pints in the White Swan beforehand, finally I've found a decent pub in Twickenham (cheers for the tip Nelly). Turned out to be the highlight of the day mind. :(
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Donny B. wrote:Bloody traffic getting out of the place was a nightmare.

At least I had the pleasure of a few civilised pints in the White Swan beforehand, finally I've found a decent pub in Twickenham (cheers for the tip Nelly). Turned out to be the highlight of the day mind. :(
8)
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Followed the Quins supporters through a park back to Twickenham Green. Picked up the 490 Bus, and was at Heathrow by 6pm. Doddle!
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Donny B. wrote:Bloody traffic getting out of the place was a nightmare.

Spent sat evening by the river in the "White cross" in Richmond another decent place with a bit of character.
Flying wedge
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Plenty of decent Pubs in Twickenham. The Albany is fine. The Eel Pie. The Alexander Pope. The Barmy Arms. Never been in a bad pub on the river in Richmond or Twickenham. Lovely part of the world.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

johng wrote:Plenty of decent Pubs in Twickenham. The Albany is fine. The Eel Pie. The Alexander Pope. The Barmy Arms. Never been in a bad pub on the river in Richmond or Twickenham. Lovely part of the world.
Amazing then that I managed to find the biggest armpit in the place. On the plus side, its snowing outside my office window - very christmasy :)
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

johng wrote:Plenty of decent Pubs in Twickenham. The Albany is fine. The Eel Pie. The Alexander Pope. The Barmy Arms. Never been in a bad pub on the river in Richmond or Twickenham. Lovely part of the world.
The owner of the Barmy Arms stood us a round on Sunday. Love that place.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

The key, it seems, is to get the hell away from the Main Street kips
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

domhnallj wrote:
Amazing then that I managed to find the biggest armpit in the place.
More amazing still, is so did Johng, he was sampling the wares in the Webb Ellis.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Donny B. wrote:
More amazing still, is so did Johng, he was sampling the wares in the Webb Ellis.
I stuck my nose over their threshold and thought to myself that this place is sh*t but I can do far, far worse.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

domhnallj wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
I stuck my nose over their threshold and thought to myself that this place is sh*t but I can do far, far worse.
That is very true. I wouldn't even take a piss in the Cabbage Patch (or the Slug and Lettuce as Bails brilliantly re-named it).
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

No. The slug and lettuce is a real place.... http://www.slugandlettuce.co.uk/slug-richmond/

None of the decent pubs have sky sports. Which is why I was in the Webb Ellis. That and 5 pints for a tenner.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

johng wrote:No. The slug and lettuce is a real place.... http://www.slugandlettuce.co.uk/slug-richmond/
Ha!! So it is! :lol: