Wasps V Leinster Jan 2015

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Re: Wasps V Leinster Jan 2015

Post by Ray Donovan »

According to the Wasps website it's on the Friday night.

I want to book my flights as can get great value to go Friday afternoon and home Saturday afternoon but I'm still not convinced its on the Friday night.
Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Post by Ray Donovan »

According to the Wasps website it's on the Friday night.

I'm very tempted to book flights now as there's great value flying out Friday and back Saturday but I'm still not convinced of the Friday night fixture.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

footrush wrote:Anyone any idea when they are going to bother announcing the time and date for this fixture ?. If its friday night I'm fecked :roll:
I'd say you'll be alright, we have to play the same time as the Castres - Quins game and thats highly unlikely to be on a friday night - not impossible but very unlikely.
I have Bumbleflex
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Ray Donovan wrote:According to the Wasps website it's on the Friday night.

I'm very tempted to book flights now as there's great value flying out Friday and back Saturday but I'm still not convinced of the Friday night fixture.
They always tend to put the 1st possible day of the wkend on until they know. The TBC bit I'm taking to mean "to be confirmed" but that might be wishful thinking, anyone heard when they are going to announce the times and dates ?.
Flying wedge
Leinster_Dave
Bookworm

Post by Leinster_Dave »

Tried emailing EPCRugby put no reply. Anyone any idea and all when it'll be confirmed?
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Leinster_Dave wrote:Tried emailing EPCRugby put no reply. Anyone any idea and all when it'll be confirmed?
Tried to do the same, at least with the ERC it was possible to contact them. No date for the announcement on site just a message to they will be back after christmas, seems like the travelling support comes way down the list of what matters ?, why does this surprise me :(
Flying wedge
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

footrush wrote:
Leinster_Dave wrote:Tried emailing EPCRugby put no reply. Anyone any idea and all when it'll be confirmed?
Tried to do the same, at least with the ERC it was possible to contact them. No date for the announcement on site just a message to they will be back after christmas, seems like the travelling support comes way down the list of what matters ?, why does this surprise me :(
They have just tweeted that it is goin to be later this week when TV decides :x
Flying wedge
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

BT coverage of the Ulster match last night said they would know next weekend but to "rest assured" they would have all the big games.

So I guess there's a bunch of horse trading still to go and with the new reality in place they will f%~k over their product so long as it f%~ks each other over at the same time.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

fourthirtythree wrote:BT coverage of the Ulster match last night said they would know next weekend but to "rest assured" they would have all the big games.

So I guess there's a bunch of horse trading still to go and with the new reality in place they will f%~k over their product so long as it f%~ks each other over at the same time.
"This week" after TV and Clubs are talked to, so what is the best guess, my heart says Sun afternoon, worst case for me would be fri night. Opinions anyone ?.
Flying wedge
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

footrush wrote:
footrush wrote:
They have just tweeted that it is goin to be later this week when TV decides :x
So you were pi$$$ed off because you didn't know when it would be announced, and now you are pi$$ed off because you do? :?

Rounds 5 and 6 have always been announced the week after Round 4 AFAIK.
Leinster_Dave
Bookworm

Post by Leinster_Dave »

With Leinster already having 3 Sunday games - hopefully it's not another. But I doubt this will be taken into consideration if the money is on the table to have it on prime slot on Sunday.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Just a specific time to find out would be nice, "this week" is a bit vague for me ?. Ure probably right I'm being unreasonable, our recent performances have contributed to this, whats another 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7 days to see if the flights I've booked on spec were a waste of time ?.
Flying wedge
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

footrush wrote:Just a specific time to find out would be nice, "this week" is a bit vague for me ?. Ure probably right I'm being unreasonable, our recent performances have contributed to this, whats another 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7 days to see if the flights I've booked on spec were a waste of time ?.
I read somewhere that it's due to be announced on Thursday, but as I can't remember where I read that, take it with a pinch of salt.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

TheBear wrote:
footrush wrote:Just a specific time to find out would be nice, "this week" is a bit vague for me ?. Ure probably right I'm being unreasonable, our recent performances have contributed to this, whats another 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7 days to see if the flights I've booked on spec were a waste of time ?.
I read somewhere that it's due to be announced on Thursday, but as I can't remember where I read that, take it with a pinch of salt.
Anyone any idea what time on thursday ?.
Flying wedge
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Ulster v Leicester is also scheduled for round 6 and I could see that getting the Friday night slot or maybe Bath v Glasgow will as it could be a case of either Leicester or Bath playing for second in their groups and possibly into the 1/4 finals.

If either of those are the Friday night game then we'll be on Saturday or Sunday some time which suits me.

EDIT : Sorry, just been looking at the permutations and it's very unlikely Leicester can qualify for a 1/4 final.

Ulster won't be playing on the Sunday anyway.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Rounds 5 & 6 will be announced at 2pm on Friday apparently.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

nc6000 wrote:Rounds 5 & 6 will be announced at 2pm on Friday apparently.
Excellent appreciate that thanks.
Flying wedge
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

Hearing lunchtime Saturday kickoff from Wasps side
Leinster_Dave
Bookworm

Post by Leinster_Dave »

bronxbull wrote:Hearing lunchtime Saturday kickoff from Wasps side
Off a forum/website?
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

I have just been told that it is on Saturday afternoon, if that is wrong then I've been told wrong. They are supposed to announce it tomorrow I believe.