Wasps V Leinster Jan 2015

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Wasps V Leinster Jan 2015

Post by johng »

Donny B. wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:
nc6000 wrote:How many of us are on the flight which is due into Birmingham at 11.50?
Cutting it a bit fine if there are any delays?
Cutting it pretty fine even if there aren't.
It would be cheaper to book on the Ryanair flight at stupid o'clock for a tenner and waste whatever money you spent on the later one. Then you have hours to get there and the train is 2 quid. Bus to the ground from Coventry probably similar price. It's about 3.5 miles. Birmingham to Coventry by train is only 15 mins.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Ray Donovan wrote:Flights booked. Leaving early Saturday morning and back Sunday lunchtime. Any hotel advice??
Booking.com says there are 5 rooms left at the Hotel attached to the stadium but they have jumped in price since yesterday : De Vere Venues At The Ricoh Arena
Flying wedge
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

blockhead wrote:
Exclusive Early Bird Offer for Leinster!
20% off Wasps v Leinster Rugby tickets for a limited time.
Tickets for Wasps' momentous European Rugby Champions Cup clash against Irish giants Leinster are now on sale. The three-time European champions travel to the Ricoh Arena on Saturday 24th January (K/O 1pm) with qualification for the European quarter final at stake, this fixture is certain to be an historic occasion.

You can book your place in the stands with our exclusive Early Bird Offer with 20% OFF the price of an adult ticket*.

This offer is for a limited period only and must end at 6pm on Monday 29th December.

Tickets for the game against Leinster on Saturday 24th January, KO 1pm can be purchased online here or by calling the Wasps ticketline on 0844 847 1867.

*Early Bird Offer applies to Adult tickets only and excludes category 4.
[/quot Found the link thanks http://www.wasps.co.uk/news/article/201 ... r-leinster!
Flying wedge
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

awaydayfirst wrote:Hi

Iv booked my Flights and Hotel, just wondering how would i get tickets. I go to a lot of Leinster away game but always buy on done deal etc
Lordy - buying away tickets on Done deal, hope you never paid over the odds, apart from a HC final they always pretty easy to get.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

This game won't sell out (they have a month to sell 45k tickets), will wait to buy from our away allocation so am in with the rest of the blue - support will be dotted around the ground if people buy in different sections from Wasps.
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Post by leinsterfan100 »

sheepshagger wrote:This game won't sell out (they have a month to sell 45k tickets), will wait to buy from our away allocation so am in with the rest of the blue - support will be dotted around the ground if people buy in different sections from Wasps.
will be doing the same
Leinster_Dave
Bookworm

Post by Leinster_Dave »

Not a STH this year - will the away allocation be available to non STH's?
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Booked a day trip with Ryanair.
Damm you MoC it had better be good
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

sheepshagger wrote:
nc6000 wrote:How many of us are on the flight which is due into Birmingham at 11.50?
We've decided to fly into East Midlands on the 08.00 flight instead so we'll ll have an extra couple of hours to get to Coventry and it was only €9.99.

Anyone know if I can still use my Ryanair return flight if we don't turn up for the outbound one? I know it used to be that case where your return was cancelled if you miss the outbound but I thought I saw somewhere that they changed this.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

nc6000 wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:
We've decided to fly into East Midlands on the 08.00 flight instead so we'll ll have an extra couple of hours to get to Coventry and it was only €9.99.

Anyone know if I can still use my Ryanair return flight if we don't turn up for the outbound one? I know it used to be that case where your return was cancelled if you miss the outbound but I thought I saw somewhere that they changed this.
http://www.ryanair.com/ie/questions/can ... ravelling/

This should cover you query. The short answer is yes, you can use the return portion.

How are you getting from EMA to Coventry? It's not the easiest trip to do by Public Transport.

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query2 ... crollDir=1
Last edited by Hornet on December 20th, 2014, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

The bus into Nottingham should take about 45 minutes or so. You get dropped off fairly close to the station. Then about and hour on the train? Not sure where the buses to Derby or Leicester drop off.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Leinster_Dave wrote:Not a STH this year - will the away allocation be available to non STH's?
The OLSC normally announce where the away allocation is, you can just buy in that area from Wasps.
Leinster_Dave
Bookworm

Post by Leinster_Dave »

sheepshagger wrote:
Leinster_Dave wrote:Not a STH this year - will the away allocation be available to non STH's?
The OLSC normally announce where the away allocation is, you can just buy in that area from Wasps.
Cheers!
Leinster_Dave
Bookworm

Post by Leinster_Dave »

Anyone book hotels yet?

Booked into Ibis Hotel, 5 minutes from the City Centre and Train station apparently
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Andy Goode scored 33 out of wasps 48pts today as they routed Lirish in front of 28K at the Ricoh today.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
awaydayfirst
Beginner

Post by awaydayfirst »

Any season ticket holders on here know where the Leinster supporters section is gona be in the ground?
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

awaydayfirst wrote:Any season ticket holders on here know where the Leinster supporters section is gona be in the ground?
Would say they will spread us out as much as possible, most clubs have copped on that this is usually the best thing to do and often a useful way of getting rid of poor tickets.
Flying wedge
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

I'd normally go where their season ticket holders go. But this isn't a normal situation. It won't sell out so I am happy to wait.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

domhnallj wrote:I'd normally go where their season ticket holders go. But this isn't a normal situation. It won't sell out so I am happy to wait.
Leinster stick a few quid on top of the price (Understandably enough) and always end up with the worst seats in the house (not their fault) But I am starting to regret that I didn't buy seats on halfway for £28 (20% off) which are no longer available, as we will probably pay over the odds to sit in the corner or behind the goal.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Sage advice there John. I'll buy a couple when I get home from town.