Connacht vs Leinster Fri 19th Sept 19:35 Sportsgraound

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Connacht vs Leinster Fri 19th Sept 19:35 Sportsgraound

Post by paddyor »

Heading down to Galway for this one. Anyone ever made the trip down on a Friday for this one. What time would I want to leave Dublin(area) at? Thinking 330-4pm. Also anywhere in the terrace that Leinster fans usually congregate?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Connacht vs Leinster Fri 19th Sept 19:35 Sportsgraound

Post by johng »

Leave at lunchtime is my motto. Galway traffic is a baulix. 2:30 is enough time to get where you are going and get settled before rush hour.
Grab a bit of grub in Elwoods (Or where ever) and stroll over to the Sportsground in time to get a decent spot on the main stand terrace.

If you leave after 3:30 you will get stuck. You will still make the game no problem. Just with no time to chill and eat etc.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Re: Connacht vs Leinster Fri 19th Sept 19:35 Sportsgraound

Post by sheepshagger »

OLSC bus normally leaves Dublin city centre at about half 3, never had a problem getting there before KO for food etc. Just depends on how early you want to get there.

The Hunstmann Pub is a good spot a stonesthrow from the ground (has limited car parking), does good food too and a you'll see a good number of fans there before hand.

Food and beverage in the ground is your traditional overpriced muck.