Ospreys v Leinster, 27 February

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

TheBear
Enlightened

Ospreys v Leinster, 27 February

Post by TheBear »

Anyone going to this match? I'm going with four other lovely lasses. Not sure if there's a Leinster allocation for Liberty Stadium, or if it's a case of buying them via the Ospreys' site.

Any advice welcome, including suggestions for sight-seeing over the weekend. :)
Last edited by TheBear on February 17th, 2015, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Ospreys v Leinster, 27 March

Post by JB1973 »

TheBear wrote:Anyone going to this match? I'm going with four other lovely lasses. Not sure if there's a Leinster allocation for Liberty Stadium, or if it's a case of buying them via the Ospreys' site.

what you after?

wind street is in Swansea city centre and has the all night clubs and usual chain bars eg yates,walkabout,. There's an irish bar (jack murphys) and a live music venue (vault) which are both excellent.

If you want some nice places to eat, madeira on the Kingsway, la prallia in sa1 and La Braseria in wind street are all good.

The town centre offers the usual things but the seaside village mumbles is only a 15 minute taxi ride away and is certainly worth a visit.

ps make sure you have a joe's ice cream the best in the world :D
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

TheBear wrote:Anyone going to this match? I'm going with four other lovely lasses. Not sure if there's a Leinster allocation for Liberty Stadium, or if it's a case of buying them via the Ospreys' site.

Will be going over again.

Buy your tickets on the gate from the recommended section advised by the OLSC a week or so out from the game (the same place those on the charter will be).

Done Swansea a few times over the years so will be escaping back to Dublin that night.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

sheepshagger wrote:

Buy your tickets on the gate from the recommended section advised by the OLSC a week or so out from the game (the same place those on the charter will be).

Done Swansea a few times over the years so will be escaping back to Dublin that night.
Ah, cr@p. We bought match tickets the other day.

We're heading over on the Friday afternoon, staying till Sunday. I think we're staying in the Grand Hotel while we're there, which looks pretty central. I'm sure we'll find plenty of people and places to entertain us while we're there.

(M)any others heading over?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

It's on 27th of Feb. Not March.
TheBear
Enlightened

Re: Ospreys v Leinster, 27 February

Post by TheBear »

:O I'm going to be in trouble...

No, just a typo. Fixed it now, thanks.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

TheBear wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:

Ah, cr@p. We bought match tickets the other day.

We're heading over on the Friday afternoon, staying till Sunday. I think we're staying in the Grand Hotel while we're there, which looks pretty central. I'm sure we'll find plenty of people and places to entertain us while we're there.

(M)any others heading over?
The grand hotel is literally next door to the train station, the city centre and wind street (the main pub/club area) are about 5 minutes walk away (turn left as you come out of the hotel and basically walk in a straight line and you'll see it) I would probably get a taxi up back up to the hotel in the night as that area is not the nicest part of the city after dark. The stadium is about 20 minutes walk on your right but there is a taxi rank slap bang outside the hotel and should cost you around £7.50 to get there.

The hotel has been done up and looks smart enough, there is a bar in there and they also do food so you should be well set, there are loads of take away burger/pizza places close to it as well if your coming home late and want to grab a bite

ON match day the there is no longer a supporters village but there are two bars / chain restaurants outside where you can have a beer or if you want to go in the ground early you can have a beer chips / hot dogs in the stadium concourse.

I wouldn't worry too much about where your tickets are for, there will be lots of space and if the seats are not taken the stewards don't object you moving so your all sat together

Hope you have a good time and enjoy sunny Swansea