Roll call Marseille

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby le marseillais » April 13th, 2015, 6:46 pm

So, very good news from the strike.
Seems to be cancelled now:
You can improve your french at once:
http://actu.orange.fr/france/controle-a ... 8ZVN7.html
I still have to check this information, we keep in touch.

The funny thing is that the strike is now on saturday, the 2nd of may...
But you will fly to Twickenham that day!
le marseillais
Beginner
 
Posts: 47
Joined: January 31st, 2010, 3:31 pm

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby nc6000 » April 13th, 2015, 11:07 pm

Great news. Thanks.
User avatar
nc6000
Mullet
 
Posts: 1594
Joined: June 25th, 2007, 8:17 pm

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby footrush » April 14th, 2015, 8:24 am

le marseillais wrote:So, very good news from the strike.
Seems to be cancelled now:
You can improve your french at once:
http://actu.orange.fr/france/controle-a ... 8ZVN7.html
I still have to check this information, we keep in touch.

The funny thing is that the strike is now on saturday, the 2nd of may...
But you will fly to Twickenham that day!

Awesome, merci !.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Mullet
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby awaydayfirst » April 14th, 2015, 11:21 am

Hi Guys

Travelling on my own, flying into Nice friday, home Monday. Cant wait. Looking forward to the away guide from the OLSC later to find out where our base is.

500 Supporters does seem very low, however i presume that figure is tickets sold through the Leinster Branch, id imagine there are a lot more (like myself) who bought off the Toulon website, but i cant see there being a lot of supporters there, which is a pity. Maybe thats because of low expectations, im not overly confident myself, iv very Little faith in our coach, but i am optimistic. I think we have some big wolrd class players and characters in that dressing room who need to take the bull by the horns.

Either way i cant wait :)
awaydayfirst
Beginner
 
Posts: 31
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 3:38 pm

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby footrush » April 14th, 2015, 11:48 am

awaydayfirst wrote:Hi Guys

Travelling on my own, flying into Nice friday, home Monday. Cant wait. Looking forward to the away guide from the OLSC later to find out where our base is.

500 Supporters does seem very low, however i presume that figure is tickets sold through the Leinster Branch, id imagine there are a lot more (like myself) who bought off the Toulon website, but i cant see there being a lot of supporters there, which is a pity. Maybe thats because of low expectations, im not overly confident myself, iv very Little faith in our coach, but i am optimistic. I think we have some big wolrd class players and characters in that dressing room who need to take the bull by the horns.

Either way i cant wait :)

As far as I can remember there were probably only about 500/1000 of us in Toulouse in 2006 but we made enough noise (I know the circumstances were different then but hope springs eternal ?) keep the faith "awayday" we may need it on sunday we are all 500 (thats 200 more than the Greeks had at the pass against the invincible might of Persia) of us going because somewhere deep down we believe anything is possible , ps any more info on the air strike being postponed ?.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Mullet
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby awaydayfirst » April 14th, 2015, 12:02 pm

The srike this week has been lifted... to be honest it was never gona go ahead, but its been completely lifted now.. if it does go ahead its not until May to allow further negotiations.
awaydayfirst
Beginner
 
Posts: 31
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 3:38 pm

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby leinsterfan100 » April 14th, 2015, 12:09 pm

Day trip continues to become better value. Return flights now only 167 (out with aer lingus back with ryanair). can still buy print out tickets from toulon for as little as 16.50!
User avatar
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 261
Joined: January 31st, 2009, 5:43 pm

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby le marseillais » April 14th, 2015, 12:57 pm

Good rates now:
http://www.groupon.fr/deals/toulon/gl-a ... e/60691720

Edit: sorry, the deal is finished now.
But probably some more soon.
le marseillais
Beginner
 
Posts: 47
Joined: January 31st, 2010, 3:31 pm

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby Toulon fan » April 14th, 2015, 1:18 pm

3 000 Leinsterfans (apparently only in your allocation tickets) are announced by the newspaper La Provence.
I'm french. Please correct my english mistakes !
User avatar
Toulon fan
Bookworm
 
Posts: 222
Joined: January 27th, 2014, 5:44 pm

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby le marseillais » April 14th, 2015, 1:30 pm

Toulon fan wrote:3 000 Leinsterfans (apparently only in your allocation tickets) are announced by the newspaper La Provence.


Do you still read La Provence Renaud ? :wink:
le marseillais
Beginner
 
Posts: 47
Joined: January 31st, 2010, 3:31 pm

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby footrush » April 14th, 2015, 1:44 pm

Toulon fan wrote:3 000 Leinsterfans (apparently only in your allocation tickets) are announced by the newspaper La Provence.

:wink:
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Mullet
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby the spoofer » April 14th, 2015, 3:03 pm

footrush wrote:
awaydayfirst wrote:Hi Guys

Travelling on my own, flying into Nice friday, home Monday. Cant wait. Looking forward to the away guide from the OLSC later to find out where our base is.

500 Supporters does seem very low, however i presume that figure is tickets sold through the Leinster Branch, id imagine there are a lot more (like myself) who bought off the Toulon website, but i cant see there being a lot of supporters there, which is a pity. Maybe thats because of low expectations, im not overly confident myself, iv very Little faith in our coach, but i am optimistic. I think we have some big wolrd class players and characters in that dressing room who need to take the bull by the horns.

Either way i cant wait :)

As far as I can remember there were probably only about 500/1000 of us in Toulouse in 2006 but we made enough noise (I know the circumstances were different then but hope springs eternal ?) keep the faith "awayday" we may need it on sunday we are all 500 (thats 200 more than the Greeks had at the pass against the invincible might of Persia) of us going because somewhere deep down we believe anything is possible , ps any more info on the air strike being postponed ?.


There was a lot more that 1000 in Toulouse. More like 3,000/4,000
User avatar
the spoofer
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2106
Joined: February 17th, 2006, 6:35 pm
Location: Leinster West

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby le marseillais » April 14th, 2015, 3:23 pm

You were 5000 in Bordeaux in 2012.
5000 also of you friends of the red army in montpellier in 2013.
We are surprised here to expect so few of you.
Last edited by le marseillais on April 14th, 2015, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
le marseillais
Beginner
 
Posts: 47
Joined: January 31st, 2010, 3:31 pm

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby footrush » April 14th, 2015, 3:53 pm

the spoofer wrote:
footrush wrote:
awaydayfirst wrote:Hi Guys

Travelling on my own, flying into Nice friday, home Monday. Cant wait. Looking forward to the away guide from the OLSC later to find out where our base is.

500 Supporters does seem very low, however i presume that figure is tickets sold through the Leinster Branch, id imagine there are a lot more (like myself) who bought off the Toulon website, but i cant see there being a lot of supporters there, which is a pity. Maybe thats because of low expectations, im not overly confident myself, iv very Little faith in our coach, but i am optimistic. I think we have some big wolrd class players and characters in that dressing room who need to take the bull by the horns.

Either way i cant wait :)

As far as I can remember there were probably only about 500/1000 of us in Toulouse in 2006 but we made enough noise (I know the circumstances were different then but hope springs eternal ?) keep the faith "awayday" we may need it on sunday we are all 500 (thats 200 more than the Greeks had at the pass against the invincible might of Persia) of us going because somewhere deep down we believe anything is possible , ps any more info on the air strike being postponed ?.


There was a lot more that 1000 in Toulouse. More like 3,000/4,000

Was surround by someone dressed as a pantomime devil and some ear splitting drums that probably diminished the number of Blue shirts for me, then again that game has become a bit like the numbers in the GPO in 1916 or the numbers at the Stoop in 2009........ heres hoping this one is the same, if by some chance we do get a result I'll collect discarded Toulon ticket stubs and stick them on ebay.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Mullet
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby molloyjh » April 14th, 2015, 4:36 pm

9 of us heading over on the Saturday direct to Marseilles. Not sure what to expect numbers wise if I'm honest. It's an expensive enough trip all told and with the way we're playing I can understand people not being willing to fork out for it.

But it is the south of France in April, so that makes the decision a little easier. :D
User avatar
molloyjh
Mullet
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: May 7th, 2009, 3:33 pm

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby domhnallj » April 14th, 2015, 7:00 pm

I'd love to be there but I am teaching at 9am on Tuesday and I can't risk being stuck in France and not getting back (not for the first time - Gawd damn the new system). Best of luck to everyone going; have a great trip and, should the occassion arise - help the lads to a win.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby Cianostays » April 15th, 2015, 10:22 am

Myself and Herself are heading down via Paris. Can't Wait!
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Cianostays
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2677
Joined: April 20th, 2008, 1:48 pm
Location: Blackrock/Croke Park

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby Xanthippe » April 15th, 2015, 11:03 am

Help please...

Is anybody booked to stay in the Ibis Marseille Centre Vieux Port at 62 Rue Puvis de Chavannes?



Never mind - sorted
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE



I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
User avatar
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3339
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby footrush » April 15th, 2015, 12:06 pm

Xanthippe wrote:Help please...

Is anybody booked to stay in the Ibis Marseille Centre Vieux Port at 62 Rue Puvis de Chavannes?



Never mind - sorted

Hi I know that you have deleted this but I'm staying there on saturday night if I can do anything to help ?.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Mullet
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: Roll call Marseille

Postby Audrey77 » April 15th, 2015, 4:49 pm

2 of us flying to Marseille Saturday lunchtime with Ryanair. Can't wait....been to Bordeaux when we won against Clermont and last year to Toulon when the outcome wasn't as good but had great craic both times.
Audrey77
Beginner
 
Posts: 8
Joined: May 13th, 2009, 5:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to On The Road

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests