Bath away Sat 21 Nov 2015

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Bath away Sat 21 Nov 2015

Post by cormac »

Booked in for this trip. Any chance of an OLSC bus from Bristol for the Saturday morning flights?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Bath away Sat 21 Nov 2015

Post by footrush »

Any advice about popular accommodation options ?.
Flying wedge
BigL
Learner

Post by BigL »

Booked Ryanair flights X4 to Birmingham for €20 return each out early (very early - 6.25) Saturday 21st, back 12.15pm Sunday 22nd.
2 hour drive to Bath, but much much cheaper than flying to Bristol.
Car hire looks cheap too. There is a train option that takes 2 and a bit hours, but car is probably easier.
Reserved a 2-bed apartment in Bath for Saturday night €370. Accommodation in Bath seems scarce and expensive.
Hope tickets won't be a problem, for ST holders anyway.
Missed the last big game V Bath in the Rec but hoping this will be as good or better.
Bring it on!!!!!
:happy clapper: :green clap:
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

BigL wrote:Booked Ryanair flights X4 to Birmingham for €20 return each out early (very early - 6.25) Saturday 21st, back 12.15pm Sunday 22nd.
2 hour drive to Bath, but much much cheaper than flying to Bristol.
Car hire looks cheap too. There is a train option that takes 2 and a bit hours, but car is probably easier.
Reserved a 2-bed apartment in Bath for Saturday night €370. Accommodation in Bath seems scarce and expensive.
Hope tickets won't be a problem, for ST holders anyway.
Missed the last big game V Bath in the Rec but hoping this will be as good or better.
Bring it on!!!!!
:happy clapper: :green clap:
Excellent advice tkts are not usually a prob if you don't mind standing the terrace is the place to be !.
Flying wedge
jonniejon

Post by jonniejon »

Bath supporter in peace here, looking forward to visiting you guys in January!

Thought a couple of tips might help you out. Currently Network Rail are in the process of electrifying the great western rail line and is having an impact on trains locally at weekends with them being replaced by bus services for part of the journey, you might want to explore this to see if there will be any impact depending on where you are flying too for the 21st.

As for cheap accommodation, with Bath being a tourist city there really isn't anything that you could consider cheap, there is a travelodge option in Bath but this is still pretty pricey. I would recommend taking the hit on the price and staying in Bath as it's an amazing city and has a buzz about it on game day with the Rec right in the centre of the city, but if cost is prohibitive the other option would be to stay in Bristol, which has a lot more budget accommodation and either train (if the rail network is ok) or bus it across to Bath, either option the service is pretty regular, train is cheaper and quicker than the bus though.

Hope that helps.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Booked somewhere called Burmoor cottage ?, options in Bath Saturday are limited and expensive.
Flying wedge
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Booked the Ibis in Britol for less than half the price of the Holiday Inn in Bath
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Booked into Milton House B and B. A 12 minute walk to the centre of historic Bath.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

jonniejon wrote:Bath supporter in peace here, looking forward to visiting you guys in January!

Thought a couple of tips might help you out. Currently Network Rail are in the process of electrifying the great western rail line and is having an impact on trains locally at weekends with them being replaced by bus services for part of the journey, you might want to explore this to see if there will be any impact depending on where you are flying too for the 21st.

As for cheap accommodation, with Bath being a tourist city there really isn't anything that you could consider cheap, there is a travelodge option in Bath but this is still pretty pricey. I would recommend taking the hit on the price and staying in Bath as it's an amazing city and has a buzz about it on game day with the Rec right in the centre of the city, but if cost is prohibitive the other option would be to stay in Bristol, which has a lot more budget accommodation and either train (if the rail network is ok) or bus it across to Bath, either option the service is pretty regular, train is cheaper and quicker than the bus though.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for advice on travel and accommodation. Took the hit and can't wait to get down there for the game.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

domhnallj wrote:
jonniejon wrote:Bath supporter in peace here, looking forward to visiting you guys in January!

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the advice have really enjoyed my last four sorties to the Rec love the terrace.

Thanks for advice on travel and accommodation. Took the hit and can't wait to get down there for the game.
Flying wedge
BigL
Learner

Post by BigL »

Tickets for this game went on general sale on the Bath Rugby site this morning.

I had asked Leinster Rugby if they were selling tickets for the game, and the reply this morning was "You will be notified by email in regards to the ticket purchasing process for Leinster Rugby away matches. Please note that for some games tickets can only be sourced from the host club."

I read that as a no.

So I have bought tickets directly from the bathrugby.com site - not many tickets left for sale (only the corners of the ground really).
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

BigL wrote:Tickets for this game went on general sale on the Bath Rugby site this morning.

I had asked Leinster Rugby if they were selling tickets for the game, and the reply this morning was "You will be notified by email in regards to the ticket purchasing process for Leinster Rugby away matches. Please note that for some games tickets can only be sourced from the host club."

I read that as a no.

So I have bought tickets directly from the bathrugby.com site - not many tickets left for sale (only the corners of the ground really).
Thanks for the heads-up. Went ahead and bought for the J section of the east stand as far over as I could manage.

Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

domhnallj wrote:
BigL wrote:Tickets for this game went on general sale on the Bath Rugby site this morning.

I read that as a no.

Thanks for the heads-up. Went ahead and bought for the J section of the east stand as far over as I could manage.
Never having been to The Rec before where do Leinster normally get their allocation for in the ground ?
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

domhnallj wrote:

I read that as a no.

Last four times I have been in the Rec have been on the terrace, how do we know if we are getting an allocation this time ?. Seems really strange that we are not ?.
Flying wedge
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

domhnallj wrote:

I read that as a no.

Bought in J aswell row AA, could not take the chance on waiting, only two individual seats left there now ?.
Flying wedge
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

I read that as a no.

Thanks for the heads up looks like there are about 20 individual seats left around the ground now. Managed to get a single front row one in J, which is near enough to the East terrace where I was on my previous visits. Didn't have the bottle to wait and see what our allocation is. Have changed my booking to somewhere called Pratt's Hotel hope that's not an omen :roll:
Flying wedge
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Tickets arrived today. It all seems so real now :D

BigL
Learner

Post by BigL »

At the bottom of an Email received today from tickets@leinsterrugby.ie.......

Bath v Leinster tickets

Supporters wishing to travel to Bath v Leinster in The Recreational Ground in November will have the opportunity to purchase tickets from our allocation of tickets next week. You will receive an email with details of when and how to purchase once available.

The tickets that I bought directly from Bath arrived today. Tickets in the hand are better than ones in the bush.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

As we used to say in 1978.

127 in the hand is worth one in Kate bush
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

BigL wrote:At the bottom of an Email received today from tickets@leinsterrugby.ie.......

Bath v Leinster tickets

Supporters wishing to travel to Bath v Leinster in The Recreational Ground in November will have the opportunity to purchase tickets from our allocation of tickets next week. You will receive an email with details of when and how to purchase once available.

The tickets that I bought directly from Bath arrived today. Tickets in the hand are better than ones in the bush.
Must read the fine print in future, still got a decent enough seat and it will leave more in our allocation for others, wonder will many of us travel, can't wait.
Flying wedge