French Montpellier fan coming to Dublin

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Alex_MHR34
Beginner

French Montpellier fan coming to Dublin

Post by Alex_MHR34 »

Bonjour tout le monde !

First, let me introduce myself.
I'm Alex, a 23 supporter of Montpellier. I'm actually living in Lyon but still have my season ticket to Montpellier.

As our teams will play against each other, I'm already booking my trip to Dublin for Leinster - Montpellier, in January. We don't know yet when the match will be play, but I'm coming for couple of days in your awesome city.
I've been twice in Ireland (once in Galway and once in Dublin but it was years ago). So I'm here to ask for help.

I'm looking for a hotel which is near the center and all of the Dublin's fairytale but not an expenssive one. So, if some of you have some plans, it'll be great to share it with me.

My only trip to Dublin was amazing, also I've watched the H Cup match against Brive (in 2008 if I remember well) ; I really enjoyed my time there so that's why I want to go back here again.

If some of you are coming to Montpellier in October, I might help you if you need information or whatever.

Thanks for your help and sorry, my English is not perfect so if there's some mistakes in my post... be nice with me :mrgreen:
ICI... ICI... C'EST MONTPELLIER !!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: French Montpellier fan coming to Dublin

Post by cormac »

www.booking.com has a great offer on the Morehampton Townhouse for that weekend. It's located between Leinster's home ground and the city centre. It's one of the nicer parts of the city.

Unfortunately cheap decent accommodation can be hard to find in or close to Dublin city centre but the middle of January may be the best time to find a bargain. Not many tourists at that time of the year.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Alex_MHR34
Beginner

Post by Alex_MHR34 »

cormac wrote:http://www.booking.com has a great offer on the Morehampton Townhouse for that weekend. It's located between Leinster's home ground and the city centre. It's one of the nicer parts of the city.

Unfortunately cheap decent accommodation can be hard to find in or close to Dublin city centre but the middle of January may be the best time to find a bargain. Not many tourists at that time of the year.
Thanks for your answer. Does the Stadium is far away from the center of Dublin ?
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Hi Alex, Maldron Hotels are pretty decent for a Hotel Chain. Our Stadium is very easy to reach on Public Transport (bus or dart) so anywhere in the city centre (especially O'Connell St or Trinity College) where you can find a good deal should be booked straight away :-)

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Alex_MHR34 wrote:
cormac wrote:http://www.booking.com has a great offer on the Morehampton Townhouse for that weekend. It's located between Leinster's home ground and the city centre. It's one of the nicer parts of the city.

Thanks for your answer. Does the Stadium is far away from the center of Dublin ?
It is about 3.5k or 45 mins walk from the centre of Dublin to the RDS (where the game will be I think) Perhaps best staying near the ground for beer etc if you want to be with other Rugby fans. Not many would go to the centre of town afterwards.

Plenty of nice bars nearby.
Alex_MHR34
Beginner

Post by Alex_MHR34 »

johng wrote:
Alex_MHR34 wrote:

It is about 3.5k or 45 mins walk from the centre of Dublin to the RDS (where the game will be I think) Perhaps best staying near the ground for beer etc if you want to be with other Rugby fans. Not many would go to the centre of town afterwards.

Plenty of nice bars nearby.
Also think it'd be a good idea. If some of you will be there, tell me and we'll meet around a beer ! :happy clapper:
Alex_MHR34
Beginner

Post by Alex_MHR34 »

Cianostays wrote:Hi Alex, Maldron Hotels are pretty decent for a Hotel Chain. Our Stadium is very easy to reach on Public Transport (bus or dart) so anywhere in the city centre (especially O'Connell St or Trinity College) where you can find a good deal should be booked straight away :-)

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
I was hoping I would find a place near the Temple Bar or Trinity. Thanks for your help 8)